• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Tracker Yokai : 7
Professional Killer : 0
Incon : 0

Second key Sniper used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Badlands, 1 meter apart
Sniper's loadout is the Shooting Star, Jarate (Jar of urine that causes one's defense to drop), and Bushwaka (A knife that boosts damage against weakened enemies)

Last edited:
Sid via... durability, I guess? Never noticed he was Building level for some reason.

Sid via... durability, I guess? Never noticed he was Building level for some reason.
Oh shit, I didn't notice that either

Changed his rifle to shooting star. All TF2 lazer weapons are 8-C, including that (It's on energy projection)

Sniper via range then. Sid is pretty basic beyond his strength and soul stuff. With neither giving him an advantage here he loses.
Hishigami Yuu with several hundred meter range would make a better opponent for Sniper, if you want to make a Zashiki Warashi vs Sniper match.

Sniper via range then. Sid is pretty basic beyond his strength and soul stuff. With neither giving him an advantage here he loses.
Hishigami Yuu with several hundred meter range would make a better opponent for Sniper, if you want to make a Zashiki Warashi vs Sniper match.
You know seeing as to how he's an agent who seemingly specializes in assassination, you'd think he'd be pretty good at tracking down and fighting people like sniper.

Would prior knowledge make this better? And can he see or gain info off his summon?

I mean, the key to assassination is the target not waiting around with a rifle to shoot you...
Sid is a CIA agent specializing in the supernatural. Tracking down? Maybe. Honestly, he probably uses his organization's intelligence for that. His package specializes on things like Big Data, tracking people though online activity and stuff. I imagine he operates in a similar way.
However, regular anti-sniper combat using nothing but physical means doesn't seem like it would be his speciality. He doesn't have stealth mastery or anything.

He can't gain info from his summon as far as I am aware. It's more the other way around. His youkai needs info to operate.

Not sure what Sid would do with prior knowledge. Knowing that the opponent is a sniper helps slightly, but I still don't see what he can do here. Especially now that the opponent is wielding a building level weapon, meaning that cover can't be used to block shots anymore.

I mean, the key to assassination is the target not waiting around with a rifle to shoot you...
Sid is a CIA agent specializing in the supernatural. Tracking down? Maybe. Honestly, he probably uses his organization's intelligence for that. His package specializes on things like Big Data, tracking people though online activity and stuff. I imagine he operates in a similar way.
However, regular anti-sniper combat using nothing but physical means doesn't seem like it would be his speciality. He doesn't have stealth mastery or anything.

He can't gain info from his summon as far as I am aware. It's more the other way around. His youkai needs info to operate.

Not sure what Sid would do with prior knowledge. Knowing that the opponent is a sniper helps slightly, but I still don't see what he can do here. Especially now that the opponent is wielding a building level weapon, meaning that cover can't be used to block shots anymore.
OK then. I'll change the character to your suggestion once I get access to my PC

Alright, changed the fighter and tag

Well, as Hishigami woman Yuu should be pretty damn skilled. And if Sniper gets spotted by her, the brief paralysis allows her to line up a safe spot.
Sniper has the AP advantage, but I'm not sure whether he can really capitalize on that in a sniper match.

So... I'll wait and see what TF supporters say.

Hishigami has the unfortunate downside of sniper not even needing to head-shot her to kill her. he can one-shot her due to their street-level durability that has zero justification, meaning they're baseline.

their AP doesn't get much better either, since it doesn't have a justification either meaning that's baseline too.

since sniper scales to 6,908,989.41 Joules (or 6908.98941 Kilojoules), baseline 9-B is 15 kilojoules. that's an entire 460 times difference from sniper's durability and her AP. sniper shoots anywhere and calls it a day.

since sniper scales to 6,908,989.41 Joules (or 6908.98941 Kilojoules), baseline 9-B is 15 kilojoules. that's an entire 460 times difference from sniper's durability and her AP. sniper shoots anywhere and calls it a day.
Well, the AP isn't the problem. But if he has durability 460x above her AP this is a stomp, yeah.

Yeah... didn't consider the AP when making the suggestion. Both kinda get stomped. Sid due to range and Yuu due to durability.

Yeah... didn't consider the AP when making the suggestion. Both kinda get stomped. Sid due to range and Yuu due to durability.
Sniper can actually fight well in close ranged. He got outskilled by Spy but he does have a good close ranged arsenal. Lemme change the specifications of the match

sid still cant be damaged due to the durability problem.
I mean, I did restrict everything above 9-B+. His dura can also be not 8-C

That or I can give sniper his Shooting Star back and force him to get an opening to try and get a clean shot

I mean, I did restrict everything above 9-B+. His dura can also be not 8-C
missed that

in that case, sniper is going to be a lunatic and run towards Sid with malicious intent, and either;

Bow him down

use the funny gg Jarate + Bushwaka combo, which can allow him to one shot 7/9 of the classes in the game.

missed that

in that case, sniper is going to be a lunatic and run towards Sid with malicious intent, and either;

Bow him down

use the funny gg Jarate + Bushwaka combo, which can allow him to one shot 7/9 of the classes in the game.
Lets wait for Sid's skill-feats

Also I don't think Huntsman is very efficient at extremely close ranges. Remember, they're only 2 meters away from each other

Pretty sure Sid's AP technically comes from the same technique as his durability...
Well, this can't be added then, but I guess we can debate the scenario.

Soooo... Sid is comparable to Mai. That's the best I can say for him, I suppose.

Wait what? The calc on his AP said that it came from him throwing a chunk of debris that caused a ship to sink.
The Obou-Jikara Package increases physical strength which is what he used to throw that debris.

since its 1 meter apart, against someone who has Building level durability, he's reasonably start booking it away since he's a long ranged fighter.

The good thing about the location is that sniper knows the badlands, as he's been there before. Sid doesn't have any clue what the layout is. since Sniper has home-field advantage so I think it's reasonable to say he can very much get away to get some distance on Sid. Sid doesn't seem to have any pain resistance meaning if Mundy can get the distance and shoot him with his sniper, I don't see Sid taking it very well, considering Sniper is gonna be aiming for head or chest really.

his sniper rifle (the thing he's likely to start with) is 0.715 tons, while Sid's durability is 0.25 tons. not a big difference, but it's something.

Hmm, if I were to change the location of the fight to a more generic place would this still work? Just want to keep this fair
you could. but then it's fair on the ground of stats, and not the fact that Sniper is somewhere he doesn't know squat about fighting someone he cant damage.

Feel like Sid is disciplined enough to endure some pain easily.
And getting away is not that easy. One of Sid's main feat is punching an 80000 tons ship so hard that it sunk half a meter down into the water. That is to say that his attacks can get some good AoE going and he can probably easily pick something up and throw it through any cover and barriers that may be blocking his way.

Feel like Sid is disciplined enough to endure some pain easily.
And getting away is not that easy. One of Sid's main feat is punching an 80000 tons ship so hard that it sunk half a meter down into the water. That is to say that his attacks can get some good AoE going and he can probably easily pick something up and throw it through any cover and barriers that may be blocking his way.
Hmm... Sniper doesn't exactly have that great mobility and his only option currently is to land a quick headshot which may be difficult if the ground is shaking

He can win but it doesn't seem that likely. I guess that works as a vote for Sid

Back