• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Local Bug Man Fights Some Spartans From Halo and Then Explodes (Oryx Revisions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was already known though, what with atheons tineline hopping and all.

Would also like to note that even if Panoptes does not wield 2-A levels of power in the infinite forest, it definitely has shown low 2-C amounts, what with it destroying single timelines.

So the lore of the Whispers of the Worm (D2 pre Nerf black hammer) says that Worm Gods, and by extention Oryx, get stronger when they die due to their nature. It's actually pretty cool from a lore standpoint, and I like the way it's described, but just lol from a vs debating perspective. They literally feed off their own deaths. Does explain why Oryx could keep killing Akka over billions of years and it's still an issue to him, and provides a likely explanation that Xol was looking to exploit this, which is why he died so easily.

https://i.redd.it/mkmjdofql6b11.png

I'm curious about that, according to the text, Yul would be the size of a constellation. And that would probably escale to other worm gods. I am also curious about Akka being superior to the gods, but according to the text Yul would be the second seen that would kill Xol. And also, Yul would absorb the power of the Xol, and that would make him stronger than Auryx with the power of Akka, which even weakened is a superior entity to the worm gods, even considering one of them.

After the five became four, Yul spoke.
Behold my majesty. Behold my crushing might, my staggering size, my scales that shine with an oppressive gleam.

Behold my wings, which create winds that sweep through the stars.

Together, we have called life to Fundament, and made that life thrive. Protected it from extinction. They are our hosts, and we are their strength.

But we do not give. We take. For this is the struggle to exist. We are not immune. The weakest of us must give way to the stronger.

And Xol felt (fear/cunning), for it knew that Yul would in time turn its teeth to Xol.

Well, we've observed in the series that the Vex became as strong as they did through the use of the Hive Sword Logic, and with the upcoming expansion, the Fallen have changed into something more powerful and twisted through repeated deaths and resurrections as well as the use of a corrupted form of Ether, the substance used to keep the Fallen alive, these new beings are called the Scorn, and it was the Barons of Scorn and Uldren Sov who lead the attack which killed Cayde-6. Yeah, a bunch of corrupted and undead fallen literally killed one of the most significant Guardians. So, with that bit about the Hive Ascendent using Death as a way to power themselves, it seems that the Scorn have found some method to mimick that potential.

Also, some of the scorned are beyond the need for ether entitely, and the end goal of the scorned is to uplift them all in such way. They forsake the servitors, instead sustaining themselves off of their own strength. That sounds a lot like sword logic to me.

Xol was the weakest of the worm gods, and Akka was the strongest. Even back when being Auryx, Auryx was superior to Akka, and as such was able to kill it and take its power for himself.

That doesn't seem to indicate 4-A Yul from what I can tell, but then again due to inverse square law "winds that sweep through the stars" would need a huge amount of energy, so it's possible. It would be consistent with the entire dreadnaught's physical form being made of one of Akka's bones, and some of Oryx's stuff, and the fact that the Cabal were willing to destroy the solar system on something that they weren't sure would kill him.

Xol appears to be the weakest, but as one does not have too much information from others, he is just below Yul and Akka. I do not believe auryx > Akka, it is actually said that akka donated his powers to those below him to evolve his species, and that weakened him too much. Auryx only managed to beat him because he had the assistance of another.

From what the text implies, apparently his wings are capable of with the beating of them to create winds capable of sweeping stars, the size of which I speak in specific.

The Vex could not copy Oryx properly notably, as he was too complec for them to handle and as such they could only copy Auryx. Though as of late, the Vex seem to be having difficulty simulating the light, what with Panoptes being caught off guard by Osiris and the PC, the infinite forest explicitly being stated to have not been able to predict you, how the Vex could not account for the timelines where they're saved by the guardians shown from heroic paradox, etc. It seems to indicate that the beings of light have been getting stronger over time.

Yes. it is remarkable that the beings of light are getting stronger. And now with that expansion that a beloved and important character of the work died as the cayde-6, perhaps we see possibly something like a guardian hanging to the side of the darkness.

"soon"-Azathoth, more than "soon" ago

Seems like you're wanted for a lot of revisions at the moment

Wokistan said:
"soon"-Azathoth, more than "soon" ago
Seems like you're wanted for a lot of revisions at the moment
Quick semi-related question: I noticed that the destiny page cited the destiny wikia as a source for more info. However, i've noticed that there were plenty of errors and lack of information lore-wise on that site in contrast to destinypedia.com.

Was there a reason for just using the Destiny Wiki? My only concern is that the last time I compared the two (I even noted this on one of the various threads).

I believe it to be the ramifications of opinions. while the destiny wiki is only a summary and it is said only what is in the work, destinypedia is pulled to literally be an encyclopedia of the work, even add some things of their own to explain what is said there, even without mentioning anything in the work in some cases.

Theblack6host96 said:
Wokistan said:
"soon"-Azathoth, more than "soon" agoSeems like you're wanted for a lot of revisions at the moment
Quick semi-related question: I noticed that the destiny page cited the destiny wikia as a source for more info. However, i've noticed that there were plenty of errors and lack of information lore-wise on that site in contrast to destinypedia.com.

Was there a reason for just using the Destiny Wiki? My only concern is that the last time I compared the two (I even noted this on one of the various threads).
I agree with this, Destinypedia is way better in terms of quality and information.

At the very least, both websites should be linked om the main page imo. The wikia just gives base summaries for the lore and that's... pretty much it

I'll change it to Destinypedia if that's what everyone agrees on. All the grimoire can be found over at Ishtar Collective, but I feel linking it is unnecessary.

Wokistan said:
I'll change it to Destinypedia if that's what everyone agrees on. All the grimoire can be found over at Ishtar Collective, but I feel linking it is unnecessary.
On the contrary, it may be helpful to link the ishtar collective as well. Some individuals that arent familiar with destiny may want to read the grimore for themselves.

Seems fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back