• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Local Bug Man Fights Some Spartans From Halo and Then Explodes (Oryx Revisions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread Is going to be redone after I can analyze the Forsaken raid.

That's among the lesser of his abilities, but I don't think that was even disputed.

To be more accurate he did not really cut it, it was described just that quarks split upon his blade, it doesn't imply any intentional cutting action.

Also for Oryx's Throne World, it was shown to have stars suns and planets as well, even in Crota's Throne world was described to have suns of their own as well and/or stars.

Inb4 we hit 500 replies of bumping

Blame azathot lol

He said he'd get to it, so maybe it'll finish.

Posting this from an entirely unrelated thread.

"On a serious note the vast majority of Oryx's problems could probably just be fixed by moving the Hive World-specific powers to his second key and getting rid of the Low 2-C rating.

Everything else is a lot more minor.
"

Also fixing stuff like his Mid-Godly regen, since that shit is extremely major.

Azzu what's your timezone, because it is super late where I am and I gotta sleep

Well I'm at UTC-4, so it's nearly 2 am rn. I should be able to reread through this tomorrow and make a draft, and I guess set all speed to unknown rn and we argue about that another time.

I just realized I accidentally gave him one of croata's powers, lol. I'll fix that as well.

The passive healing negation thing was from Crota. Obviously it's within Oryx's power to do stuff like that, but he just kinda didn't.

Malok and Daughters are somewhere around ftl scaling off guardians who can Dodge sleeper simulant. Someone said they found a MFTL feat for Oryx's shade, but I haven't seem it.

As for AP, keeping 5-C around for ascendant Oryx seems like quite the lowball. Someone also found a quote in which Yul flapping it's wings sends winds across multiple star systems, would that b quantifiable for anything?

Setsuna tenma said:
Wokistan said:
I just realized I accidentally gave him one of croata's powers, lol. I'll fix that as well.
doesn`t oryx have all the powers of the hive?
It is far from having. Oryx does not possess the vast knowledge of his daughters that is far more exploited and diverse than his own. Savathun yeah must have all the powers of the hive, including all the powers of the oryx that are not involved by their influence with the darkness.

Wokistan said:
Malok and Daughters are somewhere around ftl scaling off guardians who can Dodge sleeper simulant. Someone said they found a MFTL feat for Oryx's shade, but I haven't seem it.

As for AP, keeping 5-C around for ascendant Oryx seems like quite the lowball. Someone also found a quote in which Yul flapping it's wings sends winds across multiple star systems, would that b quantifiable for anything?
I posted the links of each instances which differentiate between when he teleports and when it is fast movement.

And as for the other feat that can at least be quantifiable to at least Multi solar system level, like how with a galaxy worth of thinking matter he could not be deduced in strength

I'm working on changing the Oryx file now, and will post it here when I'm done.

Wait, I just realized. Alak-Hul's grimoire card and some others describe the Sword as ontological. The Gorgons are referred to as an ontological weapon. Does this mean random hive knight can now erase you on a scale beyond the confines of time? ƒñöƒñöƒñö

Wokistan said:
Wait, I just realized. Alak-Hul's grimoire card and some others describe the Sword as ontological. The Gorgons are referred to as an ontological weapon. Does this mean random hive knight can now erase you on a scale beyond the confines of time? ƒñöƒñöƒñö
Sword Logic and the Gorgon stuff works differently ovo

Wokistan said:
Well think of Akka's Ontological Powers, he seems to have some sort of Truth manipulation, such as denying the truth till it became a lie

Taking probably functions in a somewhat similar manner, as do some other things. I was joking about extrapolating it to literally every sword.

Also Oryx ends up having some pretty silly sounding titles. "King of Shapes", solos flatland by default

Oryx also has some strange powers, like Mathematics Manipulation. "The voice of Oryx may cause two different numbers to become equal."

"I DECREE THEE A SQUARE!"

The best part about this is that if you're in his ascendant realm he can just define you as some menial shape and it'll become a law of reality. So that means he could declare someone a square, and they wouldn't really be able to do much about it.

Wokistan said:
"I DECREE THEE A SQUARE!"
The best part about this is that if you're in his ascendant realm he can just define you as some menial shape and it'll become a law of reality. So that means he could declare someone a square, and they wouldn't really be able to do much about it.

That could be a degree of Truth Manipulation, because literally his word is law

It's tied to law and concept manip. He did do it to Mara Sov.

Oryx thought that he should study geometry, like the Vex. It was the map of perfect shapes.

Can't wait to vote for Oryx via Shape Manipulation

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Wokistan/Oryx,_the_Taken_King_WIP_profile

Yeah so here's what I've ended up with, removal of tier 2 stuff, vex resistances going to the second key, and the clarification that most of the stuff making up the ability to Take cannot be used independent from Taking in key 1.

I feel like the biggest issue remaining is guardian resists due to some contention over guardian abilities, but that should honestly be its own thread.

The tier 2 stuff should remain, as it is a universe of itself and stated as such. Not sure what you mean about the Taken stuff.

Tier 2 is dependent on what we make of the Vex, at this point, and that should be its own thread.

One of azathoth's issues was with the powers that make up his ability to Take. While taking can do that stuff, materium oryx can't faff about with concepts and defining people as less than him and denying the truth of their existence and all.

I think I'll create a destiny discussion thread in a bit, if you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back