• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

Finally finished it all and have to say, I really enjoyed it all and couldn't help but smile and giggle while watching it. It has it's differences and some events played out differently and some characters weren't there, but I understand that they couldn't do it exactly like the manga as they only have a limited run time. I honestly didn't mind the changes though and it didn't stop me from enjoying the series. I hope they make a season 2! Maybe they'll adapt the last bit of the East Blue Saga and the entirety of the Alabasta Saga in it.

Also, while the characters don't feel as powerful as in the manga, it's fine since it's to be expected with live action (things tend to be relatively tamer in live action when it comes to power). Besides, they're likely reserving the big effects and impacts for when they know for certain that the series is doing well.

I might be seeing it wrong, but I think Garp used Observation Haki in his fight with Luffy as right before Luffy hits him, he's covered in this faint blue aura and then he dodges. It might be the moonlight, but the way it surrounded him and the camera zoomed in on his face when it happened makes me think that glow is special.

I must admit, that even without watching the 1000 episodes of one piece (only like 88) the live action is quite good, things are changed, but it is something as obvious as water that it would not be 100% the same in that sense,even so they managed to make it good even with the changes, not like other live action that when they made changes (cough cough, dragon ball evolution, cough cough) everything went wrong, horrible.

The characters are quite different, even so they are very nice, especially Luffy, who in the anime (even at the point I'm at) was too much, and seriously, too much annoying in a sense,in almost every arc he was annoying in a incredible level,this luffy is more innocent and is more likeable,that does not mean i hate luffy,i just don't like that annoying attitude.

Zoro I think is the most different, since now, he lost his Joke that all the time is lost (to be honest, it didn't make much sense, there was never an explanation, it's as if he was born with the greatest lack of orientation of the life)and he is just,badass and cool(and he is not hurt for most of the arcs until the last arc)and he is literally the sample of what zoro would be like in the anime if he were 100% in the first few arcs.

Nami felt the same way, only kinder, especially with Kaya,ussop felt the same as his original character, only now he is in love with kaya and she also with him (the thing that i liked more of this,personally)

Sanji feels kinder and less ridiculous in his love for women, he loves them, of course, but it's not something that is really as exaggerated as his anime version (let's seriously admit it, Sanji's obsession with women women in anime was too extreme now that you notice it).

As for the rest of the characters, not much to say, I liked how they were all done (Don Krieg was killed and he wasn't even the main character in his arc, in fact, he didn't even have an arc)

In other things, here at least more characters die than in the original (in the first arcs before reaching Marinefold) seriously, Zoro killed Mr. 7, Albida killed a person,merry die in hands of kuro (and now lives in going merry by the name), Don Krieg (an important character) also died, many fishmen were killed by zoro and sanji, chu was killed by ussop (I'm 100% sure he's well roasted and well dead) kurobi is also very dead, and arlong is also very dead.

IN CONCLUSION
this live action is completaly different from the original one piece anime or manga,and even with that difference,it is still stands out to be a good series,it is not the most ''faithful''to the original source,but it does not destroyed like other live actions if they did.
i liked alot,and i hope they make more(and more different,that will always by accepted for me)

Last edited:
Finally finished the live action, it feels like a breath of fresh air after having to deal with the spoiled trash that was the Cowbow Bebop and Death Note adaptations. The story was great even with some changes, characters still acted like the anime counterparts for the most part, fight scenes were decent and the soundtrack was the best part of it. If they ever get to season 2 i wonder how they are gonna bring up chopper (if he is gonna be like detective pikachu or some furry anthro shit)

I might be seeing it wrong, but I think Garp used Observation Haki in his fight with Luffy as right before Luffy hits him, he's covered in this faint blue aura and then he dodges. It might be the moonlight, but the way it surrounded him and the camera zoomed in on his face when it happened makes me think that glow is special.
there was also a scene were shanks uses conqueror as well, i like the a little bit of the fanservice.

By the way, didn't you notice how in this version, Luffy is more of a good person than an anti-heroic person?I mean, he does a lot of actions and he doesn't do many actions that his original version did.
and also he has no childish or jerk moments,and fels remorse for his actions(principally zoro almost got kill)

I watched a few more episodes while exercising today, and still really like this series.

By the way, didn't you notice how in this version, Luffy is more of a good person than an anti-heroic person?I mean, he does a lot of actions and he doesn't do many actions that his original version did.
and also he has no childish or jerk moments,and fels remorse for his actions(principally zoro almost got kill)
He is still a really nice heroic guy in his original version, just more of a blunt jerk in the way he expresses himself to weak-willed people sometimes.

By the way, who is Garp's second-in-command in the live-action series? Do you recognise him?

Here is his One Piece wiki page:

Here is his One Piece wiki page:

waiting for him to appear in the manga again

still a little to anti-heroic sometimes
Well, I thInk that it is more that he is a somewhat rude real hero who doesn't explain himself often, and doesn't want to be a hero, but constantly ends up being one anyway.

Well, I thInk that it is more that he is a somewhat rude real hero who doesn't explain himself often, and doesn't want to be a hero, but constantly ends up being one anyway.

It can be said that this version is almost the same, except that he is actively a good person, not a hero, but a good person.

Yes, he isn't as rude and blunt, but his personality is otherwise very similar.

has anyone noticed the bounty poster easter eggs?
image.png

Back