• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Btw I don't get why Ryu and Akuma's pages are locked

Plus Liu Kang fought Raiden who has knowledge on 750 forms of Jujitsu and three other martial arts as well. He also fought Shao Kahn who has been fighting for most of his 10,000 years. Plus he finally defeated Goro who has fought and defeated many martial artists from the Shaolin for over 500 years of Mortal Kombat, it's an impressive feat since Goro looks like a brute at first glance but he somehow manages to defeat opponents who are much more nimble than him.

OP didn't say anything about Ryu's stronger forms being restricted so he could probably tap into those such as PoN Ryu, except he needs to focus and that takes a while. Plus that form is a bit weaker than Liu Kang anyways.

Also yeah Liu Kang range spams.

For the sake of fairness I will let Ryu tap into the power of nothingness if necessary.

PoN is a way to amp himself in power but to an unknown degree, plus he doesn't gain any more advantages besides range, but he only uses it when faced against the Satsui No Hado technique which I doubt Liu Kang has. Even though he gains tens of kilometers range with it, he's still within Liu Kang's fireball spam range since he starts at base which is only tens of meters.

Also I need to further emphasize on his skill. Since I have access to whatever lore Kredory pulls out, Shang Tsung has absorbed many souls of martial arts masters with their memories intact. Which means Shang Tsung knows alot of martial arts techniques and thus is pretty skilled but unfortunately he jobbed in MK9 to people he could easily beat anyways. However, Liu Kang beating someone with the knowledge of a hundred or thousands of martial artists is another impressive feat.

Also I don't think Ryu is willing to become Evil Ryu since he despises that kind of stuff. It's not like he uses it once a fight starts with pretty much anyone.

Can't blame him tho, he did heart punch Shao Kahn out of anger. Plus this is revenant Liu Kang so he's more willing to kill.

But yeah, Velox is correct, defeating someone by killing them is ironic.

Mohammed Mubarak Alkhater said:
Liu Kang Has 2 Ways To Defeat Ryu:

1-Punching Ryu In His face causing a hole (making him faceless).

2-Ripping Spine Out of Ryu's Body.
1. That's Jacqui

2. That's Sub-Zero

Since Kronika has manipulated events since II to rebalance reality I'd say so (Perhaps her actions are to stop the rise of the One Being and end evil in the Realms as seen in MKX's Kitana ending)

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Fighting games don't have good stories anymore tbh
So far some characters just scale to your typical satellite that can shoot lazors from space and wipe out cities
Blazblue and Guilty Gear say hi.

Yeah, you're right but I meant the ones that are more "down to Earth" rather than the fighting games that are cosmic or universal in power. I'm talking about King of Fighters, Street Fighter, any Japanese fighting game that's very focused on martial arts.

MK is a mix of martial arts and cosmic stuff thanks to One Being and Kronika being introduced.

Gonna vote for Liu Kang here due to the natural AP advantage he has against Ryu plus his damage boost hax will help make sure that his hits will wear Ryu down faster than the hits of Ryu wearing down Liu Kang, thou. Both of them have a few of the same haxes but some of Liu Kang's stuff can help him better in the long hall like being able to sense Ryu's Chi and react and counter accordingly while Ryu cannot do the same, not to mention his self healing. So...Liu Kang.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Yeah, you're right but I meant the ones that are more "down to Earth" rather than the fighting games that are cosmic or universal in power. I'm talking about King of Fighters, Street Fighter, any Japanese fighting game that's very focused on martial arts.
MK is a mix of martial arts and cosmic stuff thanks to One Being and Kronika being introduced.
Oh that's, well i pretty much agree with this. Nowaday we didn't get any fighting games with good stories, instead they focusing on competitive tournament like what you listed. Guilty Gear, Blazblue (expect BBTAG which is just a non-canon crossover games), UNIEL and Arcana Heart are the expection (UNIEL and Arcana Heart are debatable) are the expection, fighting games that have good stories (and unfortunately confusing too). Be glad MK have good stories.

my name is ryu ( for real ) and I played every single street fighter as ryu and every time I played a new one he gained a new move at the rate they produce the games liu kang doesn't stand a bloody chance she can go and die . I am not biast but I love anime and don't want people to get false info. Xd.also if u like street figter don't watch the live action cos kyle plays chun li

You do realize Liu Kang is winning for multiple reasons laid out above right?

Back