• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This match can finally be done....Hell. Yes.

Two fighting game legends, the protagonists of their respective games (Most of the time), finally coming to battle. Let's get this party started.

Ryu is in base (6.3 megatons) but can go PoN if necessary vs Liu Kang. 12.0 megatons.

Liu Kang: 4

Ryu: 1

Liu Kang was never 6 megatons, unless he recently got an upgrade, he's got far more accurate feats placed in the town levels, seriously need to stop upgrading characters based off anything fewer than 3 feats, doesn't change the outcome, Ryu wins, has greater power regardless, faces more powerful, and more experienced fighters on a regular basis, plus even though the rules say base, if he gets pissed in the fight nothing is stopping him from pulling off the raging demon, though it's not gonna be quick cause Liu Kang is a seriously good fighter who is gonna leave Ryu battered, bloodied, and bruised, but Ryu will still win in the edge, plus Ryu has block hax (just can spam block moves)

He got an upgrade because he matched someone with feats

Not everything is an outlier because it's too high for you to like.

New timeline restricted Raiden created a storm and it's small City level, that's that

Liu Kang nearly killed Restricted Shao Khan and could deal damage to Raiden

simple as that

DMUA said:
He got an upgrade because he matched someone with feats

Not everything is an outlier because it's too high for you to like
Kinda proves my point on why this wiki is so jacked, so thanks, he's not 6 megatons, if you can show 3 times he's matched someone with that power then yeah I'll gladly start accepting him at that power, but otherwise if he's done it only 1-2 times, it's an outlier, that's how it's always been, and it's never gonna change

So let me get this straight

just because something hasn't happened an arbitrary number of times

it's an outlier

dude this isn't marvel, that's ludicrious

No it's not, 3 was the set number to determine an outlier, if you haven't displayed a feat of a certain power at least 3 times, then you're not even considered even a possible upgrade, and the literal definition of an outlier is something that isn't close or around the other numbers given in a set, 6 megatons is far above his other showings, he's shown it once from what you're saying, therefore it's an outlier

"No it's not, 3 was the set number to determine an outlier, if you haven't displayed a feat of a certain power at least 3 times, then you're not even considered even a possible upgrade, and the literal definition of an outlier is something that isn't close or around the other numbers given in a set, 6 megatons is far above his other showings, he's shown it once from what you're saying, therefore it's an outlier"

I'm sorry, but who made this rule? If you have issues with stats or how we handle outliers, make a CRT about it.

That's always been the rule, and you guys sometimes don't even handle outliers, that's the whole point, Liu Kang being 6 megatons is an outlier, but like I said if he shows this more, than by god I'll apologize and say "well look at that he is" but for now he's not

ZellTemplar55 said:
That's always been the rule, and you guys sometimes don't even handle outliers, that's the whole point,
Um, no...it hasn't ever been a rule.

>sometimes you don't even handle outliers

Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics

Riordanverse (In the process of downgrade)

RWBY

do you need more cause the first one is literally a page deticated to what outliers are, the second is getting downed way below 6-C, and RWBY got downed from 8-A, and you wanna know why

because they're

actual outliers and inconsistencies in power ratings

Ryu has fought opponents stronger than him before and has even won matches without the need to overpower the other. i.e hugo tanking his shin shoryu, sagat in sf1, and plenty of bison fights including black moons since I didn't see any PoN in that fight. (though he technically only held him off until the moons were shut down, and neat particle effects isn't PoN)

Despite being a sholin monk, Liu obviously takes the practice of jeet kun duo (ironicly) which is a fine martial art. However, Ryu has not only fought more fighting styles than current Liu, (only notable people that come to mind skill wise are maybe shao khan, raiden, ermac, and shang thsung) but some of those fighting styles are completely fictional. Fei long fights very similar to Liu, closes thing to blanka in mk is kano and even thats a streach, (and the two have never even fought) Bisons "shadowlooism" (yes thats a thing) could even be considered a never before seen martial art.

oh and dan............but thats not all that impressive.

Ryu also has the all around speed advantage since Liu is only in his tier via his reactions

Side note: Eagle is a mid tier at best and yet he moved in tandum with the psycho drive beam (easier to see frame by frame) and Dhalsim teleports very far distances in what seems like an instant

Actually, I meant to equalize speed

But that's because Liu Kang is faster

It actually legit wasn't in the OP

Of course, Kang is MHS+ and base Ryu is Supersonic+ so that should probably change

The evil Ryu we play/see in the games doesn't have a time limit

The "evil Ryu" we see in lore doesn't either, since Ryu doesn't want to stay in said form or have it take over him, he fights it out of himself or loses his murderous intent

The two are usually referred to as Influenced Evil Ryu and Unleshed Evil Ryu. At least that's how the guides and Japanese sites do it

Also evil Ryu doesn't have a key? N-Nani

Anyways. (FULL) Evil Ryu is not cannon. Ryu never submits to it fully in the plot.

Ryu has only used the form for very short timespans. Against Sagat and against SFA3 Bison

Yep

Hence the different titles for basicly the same character.

Tho neither Shin or Oni were shown "in lore" so I'm just wondering why we have those keys and not Ryus.

But thats beside the point, we got a fight going on.

Liu Kang should take this and the rest kind of mentioned why. Ryu is only baseline, where as Liu Kang was above that to some extent. Liu Kang's also got a significant range advantage and his Chi sensing abilities could help him with fighting tactics.

Actually, not sure if he did it in another game, but it was still made by Ed Boon. It's also usually weird for characters like Xiaolin Monks and Chi users not to have at least have it. Anyway, this is an example.

Back