• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little issue with the new One Piece scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
As you know One Piece High Tiers are now 6-C while Top Tiers are High 6-C and the formers scales to Luffy's 85 gigatons feat.

It was stated and accepted that Gear 4th is 3x Luffy. That'd make him 255 gigatons and baseline High 6-C so Top Tiers should be 'At least High 6-C'. And was accepted before that G4 is more than that. The first time Luffy was calced 3x stronger in G4 than Red Hawk but that's wrong. Doflamingo said Gear Fourth Luffy is three times stronger than Luffy's full potential.

Red Hawk =/= Luffy's full potential.

He has stronger attacks with the Gear 3rd.

Red Hawk didn't one-shotted Hody but Elephant Gun did it to a stronger version of the sharkman.

So, Luffy should be higher than 255 gigatons but unknown how much he is.

The reasoning belongs to Cin and the thread is here.

If we consider that the tiering to Top Tiers'll have more sense. Yonko and Admirals are leagues above Luffy even with G4 so an At Least is more accurate to clarify the difference between the characters.

I'll take a look about Fujitora's feats to see if his EDC is above his own capabilities. But that'll be later.

With Enryu we talked about adding a '''higher''' to Luffy's strongest attacks. King Kong Gun and King Cobra are far above the regular AP and even Tankman can be counted as such.

Calaca Vs said:
With Enryu we talked about adding a higher to Luffy's strongest attacks. King Kong Gun and King Cobra are far above the regular AP and even Tankman can be counted as such.
Do not forget that Tank-Man: Full Version scales to be comparable to the Strongest Attacks of Gear 4th Bound-Man and Snake-Man, so Tank-Man: Full Version should also stay as "higher", but the normal Tank-Man must remain comparable to Snake-Man and Bound-Man.

So how would this affect the current scaling?

While Yonko and Admirals are undoubtedly stronger than Luffy with Gear 4, I think it is misleading to say that they are leagues above him and thus are likely to be an entire tier up.

Big Mom, though unphased by Luffy's G4 attack, still had to use Armament Haki to boost her defense.

Luffy, without G4, was able to hold his own for a short period of time against an Admiral.

The difference between the top of High 6-C and baseline 6-C is 10x, right?

So Big Mom could be physically ten times stronger / mor durable than Luffy's G4 and withstand an attack from him if she has Armament Haki up.

No, G4 Luffy is superior to baseline High 6-C. So Big Mom and the likes of her should be At least High 6-C.

Was you who said that Fujitora physics doesn't scale to his meteors so Luffy matching him shouldn't be wrong with the scaling by now.

I don't asking for them being 6-B. Until we have new input they should have At least High 6-C.

Hmm. That's fair enough then.

At least High 6-C makes sense for the Yonko.

Other characters I'm guessing would be Aokiji, Kizaru, Akainu, Sengoku, Garp and Rayleigh?

@Damage3245

Yes, "At least High 6-C" seems fine for all of them.

Okay. Since everyone on the thread agrees with it, it should be fine to implement.

Just remember to update both the tier, attack potency, striking strength, and durability statistics.

@Damage3245

Okay. This appears to be settled then. Tell me here when you are done.

I've made the edits to the mentioned profiles.

I don't think Zephyr, Shiki or Blackbeard should be affected by these changes.

Prime Shiki and Prime Zephyr should. The former fought with Garp and Sengoku and the latter matched Kizaru being old and sick so in his prime was stronger.

Current Blackbeard is a Yonkou, and should be comparable to Kaidou and Big Mom.

We still haven't seen anything of Blackbeard since the timeskip though which is why his ratings are 'Likely' currently.

He is set up to be the final enemy of the current "Strawhats versus the Yonkou" arc, and has powered up by absorbing the abilities of Whitebeard and possibly other devil fruit users. He should definitely scale from Kaidou and Big Mom.

I feel like that's jumping ahead a bit much. Blackbeard will inevitably show up in the future and display how powerful he is then, so his profile can be adjusted accordingly when he does something.

But I'll update the profile to make it look a bit better.

@Damage

No, he defeated Marco at the Payback War without troubles. Precisely after that event, he has been recognized as a new Yonkou.

Yes. It would look silly if the built up second biggest enemy of the series (the biggest being the emperor of the world) did not live up to the hype.

If it stated that g4 is x3 its previous form then it makes sense, also yonko is above Luffy and another character scale to Luffy, it makes sense if god tier/high tier is country lvl, however, we need to give a proper explanation for that, we can't put them on county lvl just because they are yonko. People will start complaining that shanks lose his hand to a fish then how he is country tier, or wb dies with a bullet etc(believe me those type of people exist)

Prime wb stated that he can destroy world,old wb have island lvl+ calc, I think we can scale current yonko with prime wb to give them at least small country+ - possibly country lvl tiering

We can only scale them to old Whitebeard, who has a Large Island level feat linked in his profile.

> Prime wb stated that he can destroy world

Complete hyperbole.

And Whitebeard himself never said this.

9TailAcno said:
If it stated that g4 is x3 its previous form then it makes sense, also yonko is above Luffy and another character scale to Luffy, it makes sense if god tier/high tier is country lvl, however, we need to give a proper explanation for that, we can't put them on county lvl just because they are yonko.
People will start complaining that shanks lose his hand to a fish then how he is country tier, or wb dies with a bullet etc(believe me those type of people exist)
Even if it makes sense it shouldn't be applied like that. Yonko and Admirals should be At Least High 6-C because Big Mom matched with no effort Luffy's KG and that's well above the 255 gigatons. It's more safe and accurate put them there instead 6-B to not make a lot of assumptions until we have further evidence. We'll avoid people complaining like you said if we use High 6-C tier for Top Tiers.

Even if it makes sense it shouldn't be applied like that. Yonko and Admirals should be At Least High 6-C because Big Mom matched with no effort Luffy's KG and that's well above the 255 gigatons. It's more safe and accurate put them there instead 6-B to not make a lot of assumptions until we have further evidence. We'll avoid people complaining like you said if we use High 6-C tier for Top Tiers.

I am Agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back