• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

List Post crisis Superman's inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTG499 said:
I've recently watched a video from someone(not going to say who but I think some of you might know)and in that videos he said there were more universal feats than there are solar system feats.
I think you're talking about this video: The True Strength of Post Crisis Superma.

I can tell you already that a lot of those mentioned feats are clearly been take out of context, like:

- Superman travel back in time when fighting Brainiac 13.

He used a Temporal Boom Tube, and even if it wasn't this was Sundip Superman, so even if he can travel in time it cannot be apply with Regular Superman.

https://babblingsaboutdccomics3.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/act_782_003.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3802117-b13 and imperiex 6.jpg

- Post Crisis scaling from Superboy-Prime, because Post Crisis was able to beat him in a fight.

The planet where him and Superboy were fighting on (which is Mogo by the way) was orbit around the Red Sun of Krypton, which depowered both of them, putting both of them at human level.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89194/2095026-totscsp_024.jpg

- Destroy Reality-Blitzing Missiles in less than a human heart's beat.

Time itself was paused by Monitor Zillo Valla, this is why Superman was able to hit the missiles because they were frozen in time.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/w-n0YDnYk..._fHHy2eoDNdE13vhMxGsTGgGYGBHBqC5y5mZGzw=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/NsV4ceaQv...aFHI68-NAtoGlAuDCqVAWLxF2q2O74kWr-4B-64=s1600

- Break through the boundaries of space-time.

Destroy space-time doesn't make you 4th dimensional in either Speed or AP, especially when we don't know the precise amount, which make the feat unquantifiable.

Many fictional characters have done similar feats and they don't 4th dimensional level.

- Chasing Pre Crisis Superboy in the future.

Which only happen because he has clinging to Superboy's feet when the latter travel through time.

- Vibrate thought the timestream to go back in the past.

That was Pre Crisis Superman.

- Post Crisis scaling from Flash and Green Lantern, which are supposed to had Immensurable Speed.

Hal Jordan can only travel though time via Time Manipulation, not by sheer speed.

Same with Wally West, he can only running through time in specific situations, it doesn't scale to his regular speed.

- Post Crisis and Golden Age's battle shattered the boundary of space-time which threatened their universes.

Neither the narrator or the characters have even stated that the fight was causing destruction of such scale, not the visuals suggest something like that, we only see them wreak havoc to their respective Metropolis and shatter dimensional barriers (similar in the fight with Gogeta and Broly in Dragon Ball Super: Broly).

And there was the entire situation of Alexander Luthor Jr. recreating all the Parallels Earths before the Crisis of Infinite Earths, which made reality itself very fragility, this along side Superboy-Prime's punches which didn't help.

- Taking a cosmic storm created by Mister Mxyzptlk which was going to trasmute the entire universe.

It was never stated that the cosmic storm was going to affect (or was affecting) the entire universe, only that it was going to trasmutate everything it was going into contact.

- Fought Nebula Man which is a living universe.

Considering that Nebula Man doesn't seen to have any other feats and/or statements to back up him claim, i really find hard to believe him to be that powerful.

Even that he could be more like a pocket universe instead of a fully universal size space-time continuum.

- Surviving Aztek's 4th dimensional explosion in his tentative to destroy Mageddon.

We don't know how much energy it was unleashed or how much Superman took it, meaning again unquantifiable.

And is not like we can scale Mageddon to Superman since the latter was clearly above him.

- Post Crisis scaling from Brainiac-13 and Orion, which are supposed to be Universe level

Orion just like Darkseid use Avatars when interact with Earth, and avatars in general (like Darkseid) tend to had different levels of power, they never equally powerful.

And for Brainiac, it must be considered that many of his best feats have been done via Preparation Time, normally he isn't able to reset entire timelines.

- Suggesting that Superman was hold back again Emperor Joker and that he could have made a big difference

Scaling Post Crisis to Mister Mxyzptlk of all people, who had be consistently show to be far far more powerful than Superman (in any of his incarnations), is something so ridiculous that i shouldn't even explain why this is just wrong.

- Post Crisis scaling from Void Hound, which can destroy 10 star systems, and Post Crisis could survive one of his attacks

There is no way to prove that Void Hound was using that amount of power again Superman or that feat of such level can be perform casual.

Even that Superman needed the help of the entire Justice League to fight off that war machine and they were just a distraction, so Post Crisis doesn't scale to Void Hound.

- Post Crisis scaling from Sun Eater, who can eat entire star systems

Which again, it never specifiy if the Sun Eater can perform this kind of feats casually, its more likely that he can do it over a certain period of time.

Also, beside All Star i do not remember Superman never defeat Sun Eater in a direct confrontation.

- A fodder like Jenni Ognats can easily destroy the universe

She can only destroy the universe via the singularity she could potentially create, basically via chair reaction, it doesn't scale to her regular AP in anyway and it would be absurd to think otherwise.

- Saying that Green Lantern's Rings are 4th dimensional

Just because its 4th dimensional it doesn't means the Green Latern rings can destroy universes.

Also, that statement was referring to the Ring of Volthoom, not a Green Latern ring.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Ring_of_Volthoom

- Saying that Golden Age is as powerful as Pre Crisis

If Golden Age was just as poweful as he was back in the Pre Crisis, then he should had be able to equally battle Superboy-Prime and even defeat him without outside help.

Since Golden Age had be show to be just as strong as Pre Crisis Superman, and Prime for how much poweful he was he was still below Pre Crisis Superman, but instead we see that both Golden Age and Post Crisis were heavenly outmatched.

For this reason Golden Age Superman in Crisis on Infinite Earths should be treated as different than him back in Crisis of Infinite Earths.

- Instantly kill Brainiac by clapping his palms and creating

That was in a dream, it didn't happen in real life.

- Post Crisis recreated the Miracle Machine

Yes, but the job was be eased thanks of the Legion of Superheroes since they were able to create a blueprints of the Miracle Machine, which Superman would then use later, i'm not saying that anyone could have recreate the Miracle Machine without know nothing about advance technology, but it isn't as impressive as you think.

- Post Crisis was able to calculate the infinite shifting points along the Source Wall

Just like the case above, he had help from Desaad, as he imprint a map in his mind, so again he wasn't alone.

- Post Crisis could find a weakness in a ship infinitely programmable and self-adaptable

Infinitely programmable usually means it can constantly alter his original program without end, but that do not means it can instantly adapt to anything or everything.

- Post Crisis having precognition ability

To be frank, that looks more like clairvoyance rather than actual precognition.

- Post Crisis's vision can extend to infinity

Superman, in the scan only stated that the dimension inside the painting seen to be infinite.

- Post Crisis was able to reach the Source Wall

This was Superman when he was very close to the Sun, making him far more powerful than normal.

Scaling Golden Age Superman, and saying that Golden Age is as powerful as Pre Crisis

If Golden Age at that point of time was still as poweful as Pre Crisis, then he should had be able to equally fight and even win again Superboy Prime, Prime for how much poweful he was he was still below Pre Crisis, but instead we see that both Golden Age and Post Crisis were outmatched.

Actually later in the video he said Superman stood no chance against Joker and only insisted on holding back fsr.

Zamasu Chan said:
Actually later in the video he said Superman stood no chance against Joker and only insisted on holding back fsr.
True, still i find hard to believe that Superman would hold back again Emperor Joker, which it shouldn't be the case, if Superman was still using only a portion of his full strength then why he didn't used it, especially when it was clear that the leve of strength he was using wasn't enough.

No, i seriously find hard to believe that Superman would had hold back in that particular situation, so it is either a PIS moment or just inconsistency, which shouldn't be considered valid.

I foresee another Superman video coming from Seth. He gets things wrong but he's not completely close minded about it.

@stephano that wasn't the video but they pretty much the have the same feats covered.

When he said that Green Lantern Rings were called extra-dimensional by Lex Luthor, this actually comes from New 52 in Justice League Vol 2 #33 October 2014. Also, this was the Ring of Volthoom, not a Lantern Ring.

He is misinterpreting Superman, the missiles, and the heartbeat. Before Superman left Lois in the 1st issue in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond , all time has stopped.

"I invented this chrono paralyzer to freeze time here in universe designation 0. As it thaws, her heart will beat once only without your aid then stop. Fortunately, time is different beyond the walls of this world. I can ensure your return long before then."

It is only because of that, Superman and the others saved Lois's life between her heartbeats relative to the time stop.

Firestorm808 said:
He is misinterpreting Superman, the missiles, and the heartbeat. Before Superman left Lois in the 1st issue in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond , all time has stopped.
"I invented this chrono paralyzer to freeze time here in universe designation 0. As it thaws, her heart will beat once only without your aid then stop. Fortunately, time is different beyond the walls of this world. I can ensure your return long before then."

It is only because of that, Superman and the others saved Lois's life between her heartbeats relative to the time stop.
Hey firestorm, as a matter of interest, have you covered the supposed quote on quote 'negative time' feat, where flash and superman move so fast they are moving in negative seconds according to seth? which, in reality, was just superman and two different flashes building up kinnetic energy to travel through time? That was my personal favourite of his video, because of how stupid it was.

Firestorm808 said:
Negative time? Are there screenshots to go along with that?
Go to seth's video, it should be about three quarters of the way through or something. Once he's going through the speed, he inevitably brings it up with a screenshot to prove his point. Which, if you actually get a good look at it, does the exact opposite.

Sosapotence300 made a good thrashing of that point, despite him being just as bad as seth is in debating. God, of all the stupid, out of context things he said in that video, the negative seconds one was the worst.

I don't know if he is being deliberately disingenuous or if he's just not even taking the time to read the scans he's given. Very odd.

Tbh, nothing fruitful will likely come from this since Seth and WebCam didn't post sources for anything and squinting at the videos is too annoying. A member knowledgeable of DC Comics (Yobo) mentioned he might do some sort of big Superman CRT a while ago, although I haven't asked him about it.

Everything that Seth brought up in his video has been covered and unless anyone has any leads on those 66 universal feats I think we should close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back