• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
This is for a bit of fun, where we look at characters on the wiki and determine which of them are smurfs.

In case you don't know, a smurf is, from Urban Dictionary, "A (usually) experienced gamer posing as a newbie under an alternate name." For our purposes here, a smurf is any character who has pretty much all of their stats and abilities as far higher than their actual AP/Tier.

I'll use the more well known ones as an example:

- Reinhard Heydrich - > Physically, he's 5-B / 4-A. But he's also got a 1-A soul hax and resistance, 1-A reality warping, 1-A existence erasure, 1-A immortality, and Irrelevant range teleportation.

- SCP 1440 -> physically, he's an old man, 7-C if you want to push it. But he's got 1-B immortality and resurrection, 1-B sealing, 1-B AP with his spear, 1-B mind hax and resistance, 1-B power null over a bunch of hax powers, and 1-B fate manipulation.

- Emperor of Mankind -> physically 4-B / 4-A. Also has 1-A existence erasure, 1-A resistances, 1-A soul, 1-A sealing, and a bunch of similar stuff.

So, with the big ones out of the way, what other smurfs are there on the wiki?

Cain and Able (Foundation versions) smurf pretty hard, with cain having immortality that's likely on par with 682's (a bit weaker than 1440's) and able being High 8-C but with 2-A absorption (kinda a odd hax to smurf with but whatever)

I meant like, DC Cain. He has a 1-A protecting him.

Kharn's power null is an obvious one. Iirc there's a fate character with 6D shields. Celexus assassin's can kill daemons in the eye of terror with their mere presence, though they're a weird case in that they work better on people who are stronger than them. Case in point, against "normal" people their passive is only a life changing experience, whereas Ahriman got siezures and shit from astral projecting too close to one from solar systems away and either a Daemon prince or powerful Daemon straight up died permanently from being near one.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Does mind hax really count though? It's just the number of people mind manipulated.
When you are tier 6 and have 2-A mindhax...

Yeah but Mindhax doesn't have a tier. It doesn't do any sort of actual damage. It's not like Reality Warping, Existence Erasure or Absorption.

"For our purposes here, a smurf is any character who has pretty much all of their stats and abilities as far higher than their actual AP/Tier."

Higher dimensional mindhax should count. For the pusposes of this, are we counting 4D as higher dimensional?

Yeah, but to determine if hax is "higher" than AP, said hax has to have some sort of quantifiable AP. Something that mind hax does not have. Simply being able to mindhax a lot of people doesn't make your mindhax higher than your tier.

I get the idea that 2-A mindhax = can mindhax a 4-D, but still.

Mindhax is kinda weird. I assume we'd be able to dimensionally scale though.

Also I am taking credit for using the term Smurf to describe these types of dudes on this wiki regardless of whether or not I was actually first therefore I own this thread due to copyright

I mean, it does, but the thing is that mindhax can't be said to be "higher" or "lower" than one's AP unless it gets into higher dimensional stuff, while most other hax can, so I'm not so sure we can include it here.

I think just about everything here is based on higher dimensional stuff though.

It doesn't really count when that's the character's actual tier though.

Monika has Low 2-C AP in a 10-B body. Not sure this would apply, though.

Pretty much all D&D folks like Mordenkaine are low-end tier 7 but somehow can use Sealing to seal way literal gods, who are tier 2 (looking at you, Iuz)

PaChi2 said:
"For our purposes here, a smurf is any character who has pretty much all of their stats and abilities as far higher than their actual AP/Tier."
@everyone Just want to point out that someone with just one or two higher d powers isn't a smurf

It's when the character could feasibly have a proper fight with or even win against a higher d character despite being 3-D that they enter smurf territory, e.g. 1440 could feasibly be put against Mister Myx thanks to 1-B power null, 1-B resurrection and 1-B sealing.

Maybe Celexus assassin's, fhough I think I posted about them already.

Yeah. Mordenkainen could feasibly battle a Tier 2 with Sealing. So could all of the Circle of Eight and whoever scales to them (like Elminster), assuming they got prep time. Sealing. It is an ugly power.

He's just deathhax. Also Umineko chars are apparently supposed to be upgraded to straight up 1-A, and have been for a while now.

He as in McQueen, not Bolas.

Dargoo you got a link to that? Not sure I remember what you're talking about.

Back