• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs Kratos

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So now that fairy boy is 3-A, what better way to celebrate then to pit him in a death match with the God of War? Kratos in his Power of Hope key (3-A low end obviously) and speed is equalized. Might be a stomp, might not, worth a try.

Link:

Kratos:

Inconclusive:

Link vs Kratos

K so basically the 3-A scaling for Link is Restricted Majora < Full Power Majora < Fierce Diety Link < Full Triforce < Person Amped by the Full Triforce.

I don't remember how well power of hope chain is but it's like, around Zelda's 3-A scaling or higher.

Basically Wish Granting vs whatever Kratos opens up with.

Lonk Dant and Crate are all approximately equal to one another in their tiers. If Lonk vs Dant was a tie, and Dant vs Crate was a tie, Lonk vs Crate should be a tie.

Well this is already becoming a memefest and realistically I could see this going either way so yknow what I'm gonna go ahead and vote incon

Crate pulls out Medusa's sexy head and solos. Lonk got no counter to that, gg, and he can't put down crate

Petrification ain't transmutation and magic resistance doesn't grant him resistance to hax in general

Mirror shield is not his standard equipment and even if he had it he would have been dead before he could use it

Konaguna said:
Petrification ain't transmutation and magic resistance doesn't grant him resistance to hax in general
Albeit depending on how fast the process is, it might not be an instant win button. Petrification is also a fairly popular fictional ability which means a number of characters have resistance to these. Resistance to transmutation/matter manipulation or at times via resistance to magic (if the ability is magical) can also negate petrification.

So Link should resist dunno about mirror shield or most things TLoZ tbh

Major NLF, if link has no feats of resisting to a hax then he just don't got resistance.

He's never resisted petrification, thus you can't use it as a valid argument

Konaguna said:
Yeah, because Kratos is gonna stand around for fi to give him her thorough analysis
Because Link is gonna stand around as Kratos pulls out a weapon that may or not even work

What stops him from just sniping with an Ancient Arrow, Kratos would likely try to reflect with golden fleece but then gets EEd cuz blocking enemies still get EEd by them

Konaguna said:
Major NLF, if link has no feats of resisting to a hax then he just don't got resistance.
He's never resisted petrification, thus you can't use it as a valid argument
It's not my words, that's from the petrification page on the site.Besides it makes since, if I can resist being turned into an object or something inanimate, petrification should be a breeze otherwise it would lead to arguments like "you can resist being turned into a cookie but that doesn't mean you can resist being turned into sand" .Petrification is taken as a sub catagory and weaker form of transmutation

Kratos will just come back if he gets erased, he is protected by fate, and Link still has no feats of resisting petrification, so Kratos should take this easily

It's not my words, that's from the petrification page on the site.Besides it makes since, if I can resist being turned into an object or something inanimate, petrification should be a breeze otherwise it would lead to arguments like "you can resist being turned into a cookie but that doesn't mean you can resist being turned into sand" .Petrification is taken as a sub catagory and weaker form of transmutation

All i'm seeing is a lot of assumptions

@Kona. No, he's right. Heck, I once took your stance on that same argument (ironically involving Link) and was proven wrong.

Konaguna said:
Kratos will just come back if he gets erased, he is protected by fate, and Link still has no feats of resisting petrification, so Kratos should take this easily
"As long as aspects of his mind, such as his soul and body, still exist, Hope will bring him back to life. Therefore, this is effective even against high-level Matter Manipulation hax or the likes"

You know EE gets rid of body and soul by consigning foes to oblivion right

The real cal howard said:
@Kona. No, he's right. Heck, I once took your stance on that same argument (ironically involving Link) and was proven wrong.
Kona's right that petrification would work, or He's wrong and it doesn't work? Just to check.

The Master Sword is also more effective on "Evil" foes, which Kratos can be argued to fall under.

And it can seal, which Link will use in character.

^

Assuming what Kep/Cal say is true about AP being roughly even (at least to the point where they can harm eachother), Kratos also doesn't resist sealing and I'd definitely qualify this key as "evil"

Okay so

What stops Kratos from Dodging the Arrows that font home and are coming from 4KM away in a speed equal match

Nothing, though Link is an expert marksman so there's that.

If the battle closes, and it will because it's Kratos, Link can defeat him at CQC ranges and seal. Extra points for having a weapon that takes advantage of Kratos' moral alignment.

EDIT: And if it that's not good enough a single arrow will delet him at those ranges.

Yeah but being an expert marksman can only go so far when the opponent is as fast as the projectile and they barely need to sidestep to dodge the projectile.

Not saying Link doesn't win, but ancient arrows aren't that helpful

Schnee One said:
Okay so
What stops Kratos from Dodging the Arrows that font home and are coming from 4KM away in a speed equal match
By that train, what stops Kratos from trying to slap it back and getting EEd

Back