• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's bloodlusted, meaning that he will go with the most effective way of winning. I'd say that a thought based wishing machine considered "omnipotent" by the entire verse is absolutely the thing he'll lead with. And as we see in SS, he can and is willing to use it to wish people dead.

@Glass, I know, wasn't suggesting Link wins, just that bloodlusted inherently makes character lead with their best abilities. In fact, if this isn't a stomp, I'm voting Cloud FRA.

@Triforce the one time he uses it automatically means he would use it when bloodlusted? I can argue the same thing for Fierce Diety mask, Four Sword, Biggoron sword, and literally any other weapon that's the best in their respective games.

You missed the point. Even if Link has no set mindset, he, too, like the rest of the verse, considers the TF omnipotent.

(Bloodlusted) Link: I have a powerful mask, a powerful sword, a powerful bow, and an omnipotent object. Yeah, let's take the bow.

Say, uh, I'm still grasping some concepts here and I might be wrong and this is a genuine question, but: saying that given that the Triforce is mentioned as reality warping and is able to grant wishes (IIRC the exact scale is the sacred realm or otherwise unknown) equals to Link being omnipotent... wouldn't that be a No Limits Fallacy? I mean, among other things, if the Triforce made the user omnipotent, then Link wouldn't have been able to defeat a full triforce wielding Ganon, as his profile states, to begin with. (Especially given how pragmatic and no-nonsense Ganondorf is with his plans)

There's a difference between being omnipotent, and being considered omnipotent. I've never and I'll never state that the TF is omnipotent, but Link thinks it's omnipotent.

I'd give you a hint, but let's not derail the thread with more ass jokes. That should be a hint.

Link could use the four sword to gain advantage i mean four heads is better than one and the fact that their all equal with the real link will make it hard for cloud it will be just like a ff fight

Someone seriously needs to add this for both Profiles.

Link's Profile is locked.

Cloud Strife's Profile is not locked.

Link can minimize all damage taken to a single heart.

Either this allows him to tank, or he is stomped. You guys tell me: can he tank one-hits through this?

"Link can minimize all damage taken to a single heart."

This reeks of game mechanics.

Besides, what's stopping Cloud from just, you know, hitting him repeatedly after this?

Speed equalization.

This is to me more like an "Endure" pokémon move which boosts durability until every single attack causes only scratch damage. Given Link is "higher" than his base with equipment and can use this on top of that, he should at least be able to reduce Cloud's damages to a tolerable amount, especially since this skill works against cutting and piercing attacks versus skin, not just blunt damage which is the kind the human body best resists to.

If that's the case, he should be able to survive attacks and fight on equal footing for as long as this lasts by stacking this atop his best equipment. If his shield can defend even a single blow without breaking, it can regenerate back into full health and that allows Link to tank even more attacks.

However, can Link damage his opponent? This is what will truly decide the battle. If he can, then this is no longer a stomp and all AP-based votes might as well get refuted.

I'm now reading his page for magic and such, and it seems Link has many ways of becoming invulnerable. Add that to his extremely high stamina and yes, he can survive being struck by Cloud's "one thousand times stronger" attacks at least a couple times with his own body, his shield should be able to tank one blow and regenerate (Skyward Sword), allowing him to further not be trash. He can also use Life to heal himself and use the Purple Potion to ressurrect. Same does Fairy, Great Fairy's Tears can double his AP. There is also Bear Minimum which allows him to dodge attacks, but he should get one-shot should it fail, given it doubles damage taken.

Master Sword can deny Cloud's Regenerationn... The Fierce Deity sword should give him the best AP. Stack every single attack and defense and invulnerability boost he has or at least have one defense+invulnerability boost at all times, use the shield but focus on dodging... and he should be able to face Cloud.

Link has gifted levels of ability with problem-solving and fighting, plus much more experience than Cloud. I give this to him, yeah.

One thousand times difference or whatever, my vote goes to Link.

The Everlasting said:
"Link can minimize all damage taken to a single heart."

This reeks of game mechanics.

Besides, what's stopping Cloud from just, you know, hitting him repeatedly after this?
Cloud must wait until the bar is completely loaded to get a turn. U noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back