• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here is the issue with this resistance. This type of feat is very trope heavy. Very much so. We have to differentiate between the two. What defines this as tropish is this,

-Link enters this area where time has already been stopped. Nothing states that if you enter the area, you are stopped as well. This is as common as void feats.

-He goes to the area with another, yet they are not stopped. And let's say that BoatLeomon has time resistance, it does not help Link's case. This issue here is that nothing else supports the fact that anyone who enters gets frozen. That simple statement would negate all of this.

Based on above, this seems very trope heavy. You can say this is because "It's Bayonetta, ergo you want to downgrade the one getting her trouble" if you so wish. (Not saying you would) However, in my honest opinion, I find this resistance to be extremely iffy. And before anyone says "But you support Royal Knight Resistances". No I do not. They are a pain in the ass. They are why I dislike using them in battles as I have no actual way to prove this. If you wish to be rid of them, you have my support. But you will be the ones to deal with the others.

Still, while the CRT doesn't come, Bayo spams WT in-character. I don't think she would have anything else to do here, since Link resists it (as of now). She has other haxes, such as the bazillions, but they usually require slowed time to be a sure-hit.

Frankly, how we treat void feats is very stupid. But that's another argument. What does matter is that the boat, if anything, has more reason to be resistant to timestop than Link, given he was actually there when time was stopped, so the boat being able to move means naught. Next, there's no trope for this. That's...just a fact. But even if there was, it means naught. Look at power of friendship, and I'm not just talking about FT. The Demon Lord's conceptual based immortality is based on the As Long As There Is Evil trope. Doesn't make that any less legit. What's a thing is that if you move in an area with stopped time, you can move in stopped time. Any usage of this where it no longer becomes true is wrong. It's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Except with the Demon Lord and Fairy Tail situations, they are actually proven by multiple statements, lore and feats. And with the Demon Lords there is more to it than that and you know it.

Isn't Link able to move in Greatfish isle, in which there was an endless night, but only so long as you're there? I haven't played WW, so I'm not sure

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except with the Demon Lord and Fairy Tail situations, they are actually proven by multiple statements, lore and feats.
>feats

...quite literally no difference if the feat is the thing being called into question. And I said I'm not just talking about FT.

TriforcePower1 said:
Isn't Link able to move in Greatfish isle, in which there was an endless night, but only so long as you're there? I haven't played WW, so I'm not sure
Nah.

Well then, now with he resistance and time slow dealt with, we're good to go.

Bayonetta time slows at the start of the match and calls it a day

I'm still waiting to see what majority sees about that. No one other than Cal, Kep or J-Man agreed with that. We have gotten no word from Azzy or Reppu about it.

One, if Link's walking into a fight, he has the Master Sword drawn. Two, it being in Link's possession is enough. It needed to be out of the pedestal. That's it. Three, even if one and two were untrue, drawing a sword as a reflex beats Bayo's conscious thought of a time slow.

I doubt it just passively nulls Time Stop just because Link has it. It seems to have undid the particular Time Stop after Link lifted it. So I don't think it's enough to say auto nullifier IMO.

Link draws the Master Sword before he fights in-character, so it's not like that's going to be a problem.

The real cal howard said:
Even his artwork has him with his sword drawn.
Okay I don't care what you use to justify, but do not use artwork to justify a character having their weapon already drawn....

I said even, as in even if you want to ignore that SBA has Link with his Master Sword and Hylian Shield equipped, the fact that there's more official artwork of Link with a sword drawn than without says a lot.

That's not icing on the cake as it is completely irrelevant to proving Link starts with a sword in hand. Either way I'm dropping this as this is as irrelevant as that.

The real cal howard said:
I said even, as in even if you want to ignore that SBA has Link with his Master Sword and Hylian Shield equipped, the fact that there's more official artwork of Link with a sword drawn than without says a lot.
No it does not. It says absolutely nothing about what he starts off with. Merukimo's artwork always has his Dagger out in his hand, yet he does not always use it off the bat 100% of the time.

Joseph619 said:
What's the wiki consenus on the time stop and time slow thing? I am quite confused
We are waiting for Azzy or Reppu to reply to the whole Master Sword Nulls Time Stop automatically deal. They disagreed with Link having resistance regardless.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We are waiting for Azzy or Reppu to reply to the whole Master Sword Nulls Time Stop automatically deal. They disagreed with Link having resistance regardless.
I see. I have been avoiding many thread involving time stop/slow resistance since there seems to be many conflicting opinions about it

Using it and having it out are two different things, and you know as well as I do that Link uses the Master Sword, or at least a sword 100% of the time.

For the record, even if Bayonetta's time slow worked, she kills Link once, she dispels time slow and starts to leave while Link resurrects, time stops, and kills her that way. And given that this wasn't originally my thread, being a remake I thought was outdated, I can give an opinion.

I'm not arguing whether Link has it 100% of the time. Never did. I'm just arguing that official Artwork should not be used as evidence to support it.

Then she resurrects with Red Hot Shot and uses Bazzilions. Unless Link has resurrected from atomic destruction.

Not only are the odds of her killing Link with Bazillions of all things are slim, given that she has dozens of other weapons, or guns even, to go on and doesn't have something like a Fi or Ezlo or the mindset of using specific weapons to compensate, slim, but she also can't take the medicine before getting killed, meanwhile, Link has more than just his revival medicines, but has Mipha's Grace and his fairies to resurrect him.

Even if the medicine does work, if Link stabs her and leaves the sword in her, she's turned to stone, if Link shoots her with Silver Arrows, she's reduced to unresurrectable dust, if Link shoots her with ancient arrows, existence erasure, if Link uses Magic Powder, she's slime, if Link uses Quake Medallion, she's slime, if Link uses Spell, she's slime, etc.

"Not only are the odds of her killing Link with Bazillions of all things are slim, given that she has dozens of other weapons"

Same for Link. Also after seeing that he can resurrect, you'd naturally assume she'd want to kill him permanently.

"but she also can't take the medicine before getting killed, meanwhile, Link has more than just his revival medicines, but has Mipha's Grace and his fairies to resurrect him."

Have any of these resurrected him from being atomized? If she slows time down she can. Need I remind you that she slows down time to a near stop.

This is basically the equivalent of I die, you die, I die, you die. So Inconclusive.

Back