• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link revisions

ZephyrosOmega said:
it's one click, it's not hard.
If you're too lazy to click on the one game you want then that's your issue.
Different profiles are one click too. Except here tabbers overlap.

Don't get me wrong, the character of Link is far from being as bad as something like the entirety of Godzilla to organize as in a single profile, and your solution is definitely an improvement. But this solution to me seems just "Composite Link but with a few other keys to justify its existence".

Yeah, making all those other profiles does make it easier to keep track on what Link has and what the verse's scaling comes from.

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah we delete composite link and keep the separate profiles we already have for him as that seems to be the majority opinio
>majority

you mean the thing that you and one other person said, right

I mean, even for formatting purposes, the original 19 profiles function better, as this is what we do for otherwise massive profiles like Son Goku and Doctor Strange, where there is a significant passage of time between versions of characters which are equally valid to one another. There isn't a Son Goku or Doctor Strange, because said profile possess no reason to exist and neither do so canonically, same logic applies tbh.

Also, I reckon the Mario profiles are supported by a floating continuity and there isn't exactly any official material to contradict Mario being the same character across the media otherwise. Link has official statements of being different people, so the idea of making a single Link profile is dubious anyhow.

The concept of "Link is officially a single guy" is questionable at best, considering that A) It's really obviously there for marketing reasons on the website they refer to Link as a single guy and B) While yes, the Spirit of Hero does flow through all heroes, does it exist in the form as potrayed in the profiles? I reckon not.

Also if we do bring this into practice, what would it's implications be exactly? That every fodder in TLoZ across the games hits 6-C?

DDM seems to agree with multiple profiles, as does zark, siguard, risci, even cal became uneasy with the idea of deleting all the other profiles in favor of this...Thing

Yeah, I prefer to keep the multiple profiles for Link as it's much easier to distinguish for scaling and all that. But as for the fodder enemies; I'd like to make some details clear. The really fodder enemies like Octorocs are probably like Tier 9 at best. But various mini-bosses are High 7-A scaling from Dodongo's and Iron Knuckles. And High 7-A comes from being able to regularly eat those High 7-A calculated bombs.

By lore, all of the Bombs are based on the same technology being the "Bomb Flower". They have calculations ranging from High 7-C to High 7-A from various games based on what Cal said on another thread; the High 7-A came from Phantom Hourglass. So High 7-A Bombs are consistent.

Ehh... still seems bizarre though, oh well, the point still stands that even despite being "a singular character" as the OP purports, it would still be removed as Link is too varied a character to list in a single profile, especially given far more suitable alternatives exist

I do agree that there isn't much hope for the Composite profile staying.

Zark2099 said:
I mean, even for formatting purposes, the original 19 profiles function better, as this is what we do for otherwise massive profiles like Son Goku and Doctor Strange, where there is a significant passage of time between versions of characters which are equally valid to one another. There isn't a Son Goku or Doctor Strange, because said profile possess no reason to exist and neither do so canonically, same logic applies tbh.

Also, I reckon the Mario profiles are supported by a floating continuity and there isn't exactly any official material to contradict Mario being the same character across the media otherwise. Link has official statements of being different people, so the idea of making a single Link profile is dubious anyhow.

The concept of "Link is officially a single guy" is questionable at best, considering that A) It's really obviously there for marketing reasons on the website they refer to Link as a single guy and B) While yes, the Spirit of Hero does flow through all heroes, does it exist in the form as potrayed in the profiles? I reckon not.

Also if we do bring this into practice, what would it's implications be exactly? That every fodder in TLoZ across the games hits 6-C?
I'm not fully sure but Doctor Strange, but the case with Goku is very simple: Too many keys. Most profiles already has 5-6 keys, uniting all of them would create a page with so many keys it becomes incomprehensible. In this case, Link would only have 4 keys (Innate abilities, standard equipment, optional equipment and Triforce), so it would be far from messy. The only part you could argue is messy could be the equipment segment, but if instead of separating equipment into different games, we just list his equipment and say from which games they're from (as a lot of equipment appears through multiple games), it won't be anywhere as long as that of other big pages.

I don't get the point about floating continuity, but, as I already said above, in the OP, I've already explained why Link should have a singular page.

Find me a single example of "It's really obviously there for marketing reasons on the website they refer to (Random character) as a single guy". Also because, regardless of the reason they're doing it, they're still considering Link a singular person. We never consider author intent in the wiki. "While yes, the Spirit of Hero does flow through all heroes, does it exist in the form as potrayed in the profiles?" Does any Pokémon have every move they can learn as once? Or, since I can see why people could say that Pokémons are a different scenario, does any video game character get everything they have the possibility to get, regardless of what they can actually get? As an indexing site, we say everything a character can get in a videogame, even if some abilities exclude some other abilities.

The pen or the sword said:
DDM seems to agree with multiple profiles, as does zark, siguard, risci, even cal became uneasy with the idea of deleting all the other profiles in favor of this...Thing
Meanwhile, DragonMaster, Zephyros, Lgamer, Dust, Bobsican, Tarta, I'm Blue and AshenCrow agree

I didn't actually agree, I just said that if we're going to nuke the other profiles then just Link would be a better name for the profile rather than Spirit of the Hero. I'm at best neutral.

Except each game would have a reasonable argument for giving it a key of it's own, since the abilities, equipment, etc. would all be very clearly outlined in them.

So it's still nuking every single profile except that one with four keys. I just don't see what's the point of doing that.

Honestly, All this mess is out of my comprehension, why separate the current Composite Profile in 19 profile is a problem when every profile with a similar case do this?

The Causality said:
Honestly, All this mess is out of my comprehension, why separate the current Composite Profile in 19 profile is a problem when every profile with a similar case do this?
What do you mean "this"? Being reincarnated with over and over, going through different powersets, is more than enough reason to get different keys for each reincarnation.

Mario gets a single profile because beyond his upgrades, every single mario is the same person, with the same body and memories and mind.

>Different powersets

90% of a Link's abilities are repeated in multiple games. Every game only adds 2 or 3 new abilities that didn't exist in other games (Except ALTTP and MM, which is where a good chunk of Link's hax comes from).

Keeping the different games separated means having 19 profiles with mostly the same stuff. THAT's redundant, not having a singular, more precise page that doesn't repeat everything 10 times.

Like I said before, I don't particularly care.

Nuke all but this one or don't make this one. That's it. Feels uneeded to put them in one profile to me, but I don't care about the games enough to argue for it.

Is this the case for link?

"Nintendo itself considers Link a single guy as shown on the official website or Hyrule Encyclopedia, and while it's hard to explain with words, there's a reason why every single wiki with Link has a single page for him."

TriforcePower1 said:
"Nintendo itself considers Link a single guy as shown on the official website or Hyrule Encyclopedia, and while it's hard to explain with words, there's a reason why every single wiki with Link has a single page for him."
Again, this was countered so many times.

They are all Link, but their body and mind changed immensly. Little Treasure is also Meng Hao, I think you can see the differences between them regardless.

Yet they're considered two different characters, even by their ow wiki. Link is considered the same character. That's the main difference.

Also, "Body and Mind"? All Links look the same (with the only way to distinguish them being the overall artstyle adopted be the entire game) and they all have the same personality (Courageous boy who doesn't like to speak much and is more than willing to help people and defeat evil)

Why are we using other wikis as evidence? May as well consider GT Goku and Super Goku the same since the Dragon Ball Wiki has them sharing a page.

Dust Collector said:
Why are we using other wikis as evidence? May as well consider GT Goku and Super Goku the same since the Dragon Ball Wiki has them sharing a page.
I mean, the reason we have different Goku pages is because a single one would be a mess of keys.

Nice job missing my point, it was to address the whole thing about all Links are the same character thing which you used wikis to help prove, that's like saying that DBGT Goku and Super Goku are the same character and GT is the official continuation to Super because the wiki has both GT and Super Goku sharing the same page. If you're trying to prove they're the same character don't use wikis.

Rocker1189 said:
I agree with Risci this is just composite Link reworded.
Not what I'm saying, exactly...

This would be fine according to our rules as far as I am awere, assuming that the most recent reincarnation has all the physical capabilities of previous links.

It would be more about making profiles that show what he resonably could achieve with equipment at once. Putting them into one profile would let people just throw any item he can obtain in games in all at once, despite their mechanics and even the ability to find them not being a constant.

Dust Collector said:
Nice job missing my point, it was to address the whole thing about all Links are the same character thing which you used wikis to help prove, that's like saying that DBGT Goku and Super Goku are the same character and GT is the official continuation to Super because the wiki has both GT and Super Goku sharing the same page.
Fine, the wiki thing was more of a supporting thing anyway. It was to show how Link is perceived as a singular person by the fans themselves, not just by Nintendo.

Back