• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Resistance Downgrade

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Geez...I feel like an asshole making this...

However, Link currently has a resistance to Time Stop for the current feat. He in Wind Waker manages to enter Sunken Hyrule without any negative reprocusions. The issue is that this seems very similar to our Void Feats issue. Someone walking into an area where Time has stopped.

Here is the issue with this resistance. This type of feat is very trope heavy. Very much so. We have to differentiate between the two. What defines this as tropish is this,

-Link enters this area where time has already been stopped. Nothing states that if you enter the area, you are stopped as well. This is as common as void feats.

-He goes to the area with another, yet they are not stopped. And let's say that the King of Red Lions has time resistance, it does not help Link's case. This issue here is that nothing else supports the fact that anyone who enters gets frozen. That simple statement would negate all of this.

Based on above, this seems very trope heavy. And like I said, plays similar to our Void feats situation. This is the feat btw.

For: Myself, Fate, Glass, Reppu, Ever, Weekly, Azzy, Gar

Against: Cal, Tri, Kep, Dark

Unsure: Ryu

As I said in the thread... As much as I hate to be the one to say this, the resistance feat does sound very iffy...

I legitimately feel bad typing this reply, but I think I have to agree with the OP for the timebeing.

I can't reply because I'll look like the douchebag, but I disagree for the simple fact that this isn't a trope. And the burden of proof isn't on me to prove that everything that enters gets frozen, because that's the default idea when it comes to time stop. If it was multiple normal people, you'd have a point, but not when it's Link and the one dude (besides Ganondorf, debatably) who was there when time got stopped originally and could keep on moving.

When I say trope, I'm not meaning a literal named trope. Just so you know.

@triforce that's just game mechanics. Not to mention no one at all mentions how time doesn't move under there

To piggyback off of myself, everyone able to move there had some connection to the TF. King of Hyrule and Ganondorf were able to get out of the time stop, and Link could move in it. If anything, it should be a TF based ability like their soul resistance.

@Cal there's nothing to suggest that they got out of the time stop since it was never shown that they got out of it. Also the king never had the triforce to begin with.

It's a reasonable assumption that he king was in the castle along with Ganondorf, given that one, the king should be in the castle oven how much his plot revolves around it, and even wishes to drown with it, and the fact that a king should be in the castle and two, it was meant to trap Ganondorf.

You know the ToW doesn't have to go to Zelda, right?

I will see how this goes for a bit. However, I still believe that this resistance should be removed. I want other opinions before I say anything.

@Cal again, there's no proof that the king or ganondork were there when Hyrule was flooded. For all we know, the king may have been outside of Hyrule before he used the triforce to get away from the flood.

Ganondorf's the one invading the castle and is said to be trapped in Hyrule, yet isn't there when Hyrule was put in statsis. In other words, the guy who Hyrule was put into statsis for wasn't there to be put into statsis...sure. You know, reasonable assumptions exist, right, man? It's not always "proof or gtfo", otherwise this thread wouldn't have been made, as I don't have the burden of proof on me.

It's completely out of character for the King of Hyrule to have left Hyrule Castle anyway, especially in the way you suggested.

Can I go out and say I have nothing against you Cal, so if that's what you are gathering or that I am being petty because "lolFightingBayonetta", I apologize. I don't want any hard feelings from this. However, you know I am not so petty that I would try and downgrade a character because someone I like is having trouble with it.

@Cal there's nothing to suggest that he would stay in the castle to even use the wish. He might as well use it as a trap for ganondorf and used the wish when his army arrived when he was far away.

Our void rules are incredibly inconsistent, so I'm not sure how we want to deal with this.

If Sunken Hyrule is within frozen time and no one or nothing else shows able to move in it but Link, then I guess we could use. I'm uncertain though.

@Glass. The TF wasn't even used for the worst. It was the Golden Goddesses just doing it because they were asked to resolve the problem.

@Ryu. It was just him and his boat.

@Everyone. You gotta remember that the other person at the time was a boat under the property of Link. That's like if SS or MC Link did this and his feat was disproved because his sword or hat could operate.

And how does that change the fact that we never seen either ganondorf or the king being time stopped.

Because they're out and about well before Link's adventure begins. And again, reasonable assumptions. Why would a time stop meant to seal Ganondorf just miss him, and why would the king who literally chooses to die with his castle when he has the choice to live leave said castle in its darkest hour?

@Cal It was never stated that the GG flooded Hyrule, just generic gods (which could mean Hylia or even Faron). And we all know the MS would have sealed Link had it been able to do so because Fi's able to be annoying even while sleeping ;). Also, Cal's right: if Link had time stop resistance, it would have estended to his boat.

I also feel that this has been iffy for a while now.

Walking into a localized area where time has been frozen doesn't mean that you'll be frozen if you are unfrozen outside of its range.

Sorry Cal, I guess we're outnumbered. Then again, I wasn't satisfied with the Bayo downgrades either, but this is pretty much the same case.

And about the boat not being affected by time stop, I'd like to make you remember that Navi was sealed with Link (which makes no sense), Tatl remembers the time travels and Fi is immune to time shift stone.

Navi was never sealed with link. Tatl was with Link when they time traveled, and the time shift stones only rewind time.

Back