• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Resistance Downgrade

No she wasn't sealed in Link. If that were the case then she wouldn't have been able to leave Link. Also how does this at all have to do with the fact that Link's time stop resistance should be removed?

Didn't we do that already? Unless you live in a Void naturally, you don't get infinite speed nor resistance to Temporal stuff unless it's consistent. That was what that huge thread was for.

worst case scenario, I make the argument that the Master Sword being held by Link dispels time stop (because that's what it did), so every Master Sword using Link gets resistance to time stop.

It means as long as Link holds the Master Sword, time stop can't affect the local area, because the MS prevents it. Maybe it's power null in this case, but it's the same effect.

@Cal

That's still not resistance. That's a precaution taken against said Time Stop and it doesn't work until Link draws the Master Sword.

No it doesn't, saying it helps the user resist timestop is reaching it a bit too far Cal. Not to mention there's no feats for Link that has him resist timestop with the master sword.

Again, there's no context on how the timestop happened. Saying it automatically makes timestop ineffective around the user is stretching it considering in BOTW, you have a timestop-esque ability and it still works even with the master sword in possession.

What does the context of timestop happening have anything to do with my argument?

You're arguing that an ability Link uses shouldn't work because he has his strongest sword in game... No offense, because you're a good fiend, but that's a terrible argument.

That doesn't say anything on the king and Ganondorf being timestopped. It says that it was sealed. You even break the seal in the game in order for you to get into the freaking castle in the first place.

You're now nitpicking. Sealing is definitely not just one method, and the seal isn't broken until Link draws the Master Sword.

Because without context, it's just headcanon for assuming that the master sword easily removes timestop. How is it a terrible argument when that moment alone contradicts your point on the sword dispelling timestop?

Because you're arguing for something that happens in game rather than a cutscene. Mewtwo resists mind manipulation that works on tier 2s, but it must be illegitimate because he can be confused by Confuse Ray. See how your logic works? Link takes the Master Sword, time resumes for an area that was without it. Simple as that. Either Link's items override it or it doesn't apply for Link's things (not exactly uncommon in fiction for the latter).

Again, it's mere assumptions to say that the tools aren't affected by the master sword if what you said about the master sword dispelling timestop is legit.

The real cal howard said:
Because you're arguing for something that happens in game rather than a cutscene. Mewtwo resists mind manipulation that works on tier 2s, but it must be illegitimate because he can be confused by Confuse Ray. See how your logic works? Link takes the Master Sword, time resumes for an area that was without it. Simple as that. Either Link's items override it or it doesn't apply for Link's things (not exactly uncommon in fiction for the latter).
Are you talking to me?

If it can dispel time stop it would be anti-time stop power nullification i think. Not resistance (The result is still the same tho)

The real cal howard said:
Ganondorf's the one invading the castle and is said to be trapped in Hyrule, yet isn't there when Hyrule was put in statsis. In other words, the guy who Hyrule was put into statsis for wasn't there to be put into statsis.
Hmm.

Yeah agreed. Except Ganon.

I'll see what Reppu or Azzy thinks of this.

To quote my opinion: "I doubt it just passively nulls Time Stop just because Link has it. It seems to have undid the particular Time Stop after Link lifted it. So I don't think it's enough to say auto nullifier IMO."

If you disagree I don't really mind.

The Master Sword acted as key on the seal of Hyrule, it was used by the Goddesses to keep time frozen in the first place. I'm not too keen on using this one instance where the Master Sword dispels a specific time stop it was linked and had a connection with to say that it can null any time stop.

What? The sword may have been containing Ganondorf's power (he outright says that much), but the gods care nothing of the Master Sword to use it as a key.

Ganon never had his own power sealed, that's a NOA mistranslation. In the orginal Japanese text he says that the Master Sword kept his demons sealed/frozen in Hyrule.

"By the way, kid, when you pulled that sword from its pedestal, the unmoving monsters all began to move at once, didn?t they? Do you understand what that means? That sword is the Anti-Demon Sword that repels demons. However, it is also the annoying seal that was sealing my Mazoku. You broke that seal?"

Translation was found here. Ganon says the Master Sword was the seal that kept his army of demons frozen in time in the first place.

So that basically guarantees that Ganondorf had to break out of that time stop himself. Also that the Master Sword can perform a localized time stop.

The Master Sword can't perform a localised time stop, it was used as a seal to keep the Goddesses time stop intact. It never stopped time itself.

I'm a bit neutral, but leaning toward Cal's side based on the immediately above information.

Back