• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limitless vs Rashoumon (Satoru Gojo vs Ryuunosuke Akutagawa)

but i think bro gets infinity'd first before ryu has a chance to summon the beast ☠️
Gojo gonna summon this treasure with "nah, I'd win" Chants
nah-id-win-domain-expansion.gif

Anyway so this is a stomp in Ryu's favour?

While it's not passive like Gojo's infinity, Rashoumon is Ryuunosuke's main form of offense (and defense) so it would be in character for him to summon Rashoumon before anything else, with speed being equalized and the starting distance between 20 meters he should be able to summon him first (unless Gojo decides to teleport), the cloth tendrils Rashoumon makes can also be applied with spatial cutting like the profile states

Rashoumon: (羅生門, Rashōmon) Akutagawa's Ability. It allows him to convert his garments into one or more shadow-like beasts that he can send after his targets to devour them and virtually anything in their path. It is a flexible and powerful Ability, being useful for both offense and defense. Nathaniel Hawthorne notes that it is most effective at mid-range combat.

Last edited:
While it's not passive like Gojo's infinity, Rashoumon is Ryuunosuke's main form of offense (and defense) so it would be in character for him to summon Rashoumon before anything else, with speed being equalized and the starting distance between 20 meters he should be able to summon him first (unless Gojo decides to teleport), the cloth tendrils Rashoumon makes can also be applied with spatial cutting like the profile states
gojo tends to open with a red or a blue which can close the distance against opponents of comperable speed (sukuna) before said opponent can react in time to dodge and red has a massive range (dozens to possibly hundreds of meters) so gojo kinda just one taps the poor lad.

highly, gojo has opened his domain in pretty much every fight he's been in and early on too, hell even when he was in a situation where opening his DE would likely kill a shit load of Civ's he just did it anyway (be it with a condition that prevented mass death)
Even if Akutagawa is to breach infinity, as long as he doesn’t take out Gojo instantly, Gojo could just press the 0.2 Domain panic button and fry him. Given that he’s likely to use the domain anyways it seems unlikely that Akutagawa can take out Gojo before he gets blasted or stunned with DE

Wait, Gojo does not open with DE wtf

We have Sukuna vs Gojo first fight where Gojo did not start with DE

Same with Jogo in their first fight

Same with the exam arc where Gojo sniped Hanami and crushed the guy i don't remember

Same with Shibuya arc

What?

Last edited:
Wait, Gojo does not open with DE wtf

We have Sukuna vs Gojo first fight where Gojo did not start with DE

Same with Jogo in their first fight

Same with the exam arc where sniped Hanami and crushed the guy i don't remember

Same with Shibuya arc

What?
what are you talking about, gojo and sukuna threw a few punches and measured each other and instantly went off into a domain battle.

Gojo left gojo in a pool of water after he smacked him 3 times to grab yuji to show off domains

thats cuse hanami was about 3 miles away from him.

He literally couldn't use a full domain since he was surrounded by civ's so he chose to wipe the curses out the old fashioned way, then when mahito showed up with 1k transmuted humans he poped a 0.2 sec domain as a last resort since ya know... he doesn't really want to kill civ's.

what are you talking about, gojo and sukuna threw a few punches and measured each other and instantly went off into a domain battle.

Gojo left gojo in a pool of water after he smacked him 3 times to grab yuji to show off domains

thats cuse hanami was about 3 miles away from him.

He literally couldn't use a full domain since he was surrounded by civ's so he chose to wipe the curses out the old fashioned way, then when mahito showed up with 1k transmuted humans he poped a 0.2 sec domain as a last resort since ya know... he doesn't really want to kill civ's.
You are using 1 fight as his standard tactic when all of his previous were him not using DE right away

he uses his domain in literally all of his fight when he had domain I mean literally all of them, the only times he does not use a DE on someone is when he just one taps them with either blue or snipes them from a mile away.

I meant the 1st ep of season 1 not their recent fight
that wasn't a fight it was a test of if yuji can control sukuna or not, frying the brain of the person you wanna check isn't exactly what he wants and is not the best indicator of his willingness to use DE don't you think?

he uses his domain in literally all of his fight when he had domain I mean literally all of them, the only times he does not use a DE on someone is when he just one taps them with either blue or snipes them from a mile away.
Season 1 EP 1 - Gojo did not use DE against Sukuna

Season 1 EP 7 - Gojo did not start right away with DE against Jogo, He went for H2H and CT

Season 1 EP 20 - Gojo snipes Hanami and does not go for DE (Given he was out of range, But still)

JJK Movie - Gojo did not use DE against Miguel (I have not seen the movie but i think he had it by that time, I could be wrong though)

Season 2 EP 9 - Gojo went for H2H against Hanami and Jogo for a good while and ONLY LATER used DE because of their Strategy to beat Gojo which involved using humans to make him not able to use his techniques

Legit the only time he used DE against an opponent was because he knew Sukuna was a real threat, He does not use it against someone he doesn't know nor can't feel CE (Akutagawa doesn't have it, So he can't really sense him)

Season 1 EP 1 - Gojo did not use DE against Sukuna

Season 1 EP 7 - Gojo did not start right away with DE against Jogo, He went for H2H and CT

Season 1 EP 20 - Gojo snipes Hanami and does not go for DE (Given he was out of range, But still)

JJK Movie - Gojo did not use DE against Miguel (I have not seen the movie but i think he had it by that time, I could be wrong though)

Season 2 EP 9 - Gojo went for H2H against Hanami and Jogo for a good while and ONLY LATER used DE because of their Strategy to beat Gojo which involved using humans to make him not able to use his techniques

Legit the only time he used DE against an opponent was because he knew Sukuna was a real threat, He does not use it against someone he doesn't know nor can't feel CE (Akutagawa doesn't have it, So he can't really sense him)
1. again that was because he asked yuji to swap with sukuna for 10 seconds to see if he could control it, frying the brains of a regular person is not what he wants to do doncha think?

2. yeah he threw 2 punches hit him with a red and went to grab yuji to show of DE's, truly a massive fight. I mean the bastard was showing off for the hell of it prior to DE

3. Oh maybe because hanami was about to DE yuji and Todo so instead of wasting time he just sniped her from a mile away since running in and going for a DE clash would be a tad bit stupid?

4. domains where not part of the series yet not really a good way to judge.

5. OH its almost like it was their whole plan for gojo to now be able to use DE without killing a shit load of Civs meaning that in that SPECIFIC situation he could not use straight away.

He use DE against sukuna, Jogo (who was not a threat what so ever, I mean he even stoped to grab yuji while he laid Jogo out), he used a specific version of his domain to bypass the whole vail issue when things became dicy enough for the civs.

1. again that was because he asked yuji to swap with sukuna for 10 seconds to see if he could control it, frying the brains of a regular person is not what he wants to do doncha think?
Does not matter, He did not start with it
2. yeah he threw 2 punches hit him with a red and went to grab yuji to show of DE's, truly a massive fight. I mean the bastard was showing off for the hell of it prior to DE
It's proof he does not start with it
3. Oh maybe because hanami was about to DE yuji and Todo so instead of wasting time he just sniped her from a mile away since running in and going for a DE clash would be a tad bit stupid?
This is fair given he is at a great distance like i said
4. domains where not part of the series yet not really a good way to judge.
I don't think that's a good argument, Sukuna had DE in the heian era, Just because the anime didn't show it at that time doesn't mean he didn't have it

Gojo had DE quite possibly, He just didn't want to use it which further validates my point i think
5. OH its almost like it was their whole plan for gojo to now be able to use DE without killing a shit load of Civs meaning that in that SPECIFIC situation he could not use straight away.
He wouldn't use it against someone without DE, As if i'm not mistaken, People with no CE are not affected by domains (correct me if i'm wrong)

Does not matter, He did not start with it
yes it it bloody does, gojo is testing if a regular person can become a sorcerer and does not want to kill them since you can't RCT a melted brain which is something his DE does, you can't ignore context.
It's proof he does not start with it
ah yeah he uses it after 2 punches truly does not start with it
I don't think that's a good argument, Sukuna had DE in the heian era, Just because the anime didn't show it at that time doesn't mean he didn't have it
if the author himself didn't even come up with the concept of domains, how exactly was he supposed to use it?

He wouldn't use it against someone without DE, As if i'm not mistaken, People with no CE are not affected by domains (correct me if i'm wrong)
verse equalisation my good man, everyone in jjk has some CE only specific individuals who have heavenly restriction don't and honestly its far out of Akutagawa's favor cuse if he has exactly 0 CE, he has no resistence to CE's effects on people (basically astral poison which nearly killed maki when her restriciton was limited), he would not be able to see blue nor red or purple (big oof) and neither would he be able to see gojo's domain, but again verse equilisation they can both see and interact with each others power systems for the sake of a fair fight.

Back