• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limited Subjective Reality for Baki, Yujiro, and possibly Yuichiro.

Nah, Subjective Reality is making what you want come true. On the first place, it's a bit off in comparison to put that in Baki where it's about martial arts on the first place. Such an ability is more haxxy and it would make more sense if they have the ability to intimidate someone so badly that others feel fear, imagine demons or monsters, or have a reaction of some sort that seemingly defies logic. Which is Sense Manipulation or Perception Manipulation.

Subjective Reality is more like making thoughts come true.

It would make sense if Musashi's attacks without a sword can slice, or if the damage dealt by those guys who look like Triceratops have them take a form. The Tofu is the closest one but is contradicted by the miming and seems more like it's really really close to realistic.

There is nothing wrong with the illusion creation they currently have. Illusions change how people percieve things, such as Nomi feeling the weight of the triceratops, or everyone smelling the imaginary food. They don't exist, but it feels like they do.

That seems fair. It's more the Subjective Reality thing that I really disagree with. That said it should be noted that they don't really do anything much for combat though and would just be included for the sake of being included.

Machines (cameras) could perceive the flash Yujiro's Yujiro made, and Musashi can actually cut stuff with his sword (on top of the feeling they've been completly cut). I think percepction manipulation could work but there are points that indicate limited subjective reality. I mean, the bakiverse is very inconsistent. There are times musashi's imaginary swords actually cut stuff and there are times they only give the impression you've been cut.

If something is inconsistent, it's better to avoid adding anything that makes the ability set more scattered. We'd need more concrete showings otherwise.

Was there one? Could you show the timestamp for it? Even then it's likely less to be Subjective Reality and more of a form of light manipulation, but the narrative implies he was just that intimidating.

Throughout the fight I didn't see Musashi slice anything. You're going to have to show a scene of him physically harming something with a slice, without using a sword. Not just phantom pain.

The idea of them altering reality clashes with the narrative as a whole on the first place.

Musashi has never actually cut someone else with his imaginary blade from my memory. Any case of him cutting someone without a sword like against Pickle was very clearly shown to be a nukite style attack with his hand.

Against Doppo, Baki, Shibukawa and Yujiro his imaginary blade didn't do any real damage.

Wait, was it?

Anyways, yeah i think it's more consistent with Sense Manipulation now. Everybody agrees with this? If so, can i add the changes?

Yeah I'll get scans if necessary.

Defiantly Musashi needs his subjective reality changed to pain manipulation and perception manipulation or sensory manipulation. Yujiro and Baki are good the way they are.

Yeah those two should get that at least. There might be actual light manipulation too for Yujiro with what he did but that might be more based on intimidation.

The changes that me, Baki and Ciruno agree on are:

Removal of "limited subjective reality" for Musashi; Addition of "sensory manipulation" and "pain manipulation" for Musashi; Addition for "sensory manipulation" for Baki and Yujiro on top of their illusion creation;

Everyone agrees?

Back