• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lille Barro vs Samus Aran

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just read like three chapters where Lille didn't go for Kyouraku's head not once. I don't see how it's in character for him. He's facing the strongest person he's ever fought, and his one surprise attack is to the stomach, not the head. His attack after immobilizing him, all three of these attacks, were not to the head. It seems more accurate to say that he targets vital areas. But the head? Not in this form at least.

@Yomi

My name is right there. It's not that difficult to spell. Or perhaps copy paste.

I'm aware it pierces spatially. Though that statement completely disregards the potential for healing.

@theglassman

I can't tell if your lowballing or unaware.

No one has actually full on dodged it,they were still hit in some way.

If you don't think it's instant feel free to make a CRT to disprove it btw,as of now it's instant.

@Liten...tric

Wel

Lille headshotted Shutara's brain in a previous form when he was less bloodlusted

The Case with Shunsui is either circumstantial or "Good Guys Need To Win" trope

@Frantzy there's nothing in that scan that shows it being instant. Kyouraku was able to react to it. If it was instant, it would've hit him. You guys are arguing that she'd get headshotted when she's more than able to avoid a lethal shot.

@Lit He aimed for the head when he was stalking him,bit instead hit an illusion because Shunsui forces all combats to follow rules based on children games.

After that they were engaged in close combat to mid-range combat.

X-Axis isn't infinite in speed. It just fires nothing, that it appeares to looks like it doesn't travel. Think of it as if it fires an invisible bullet to his target.

It is still pretty fast tho, but if someone without precog can basically avoid the shot, I fail to see how Samus can't dodge it as well.

@Yomi

You can't write off the entire fight as "Good Guys Need To Win." I've literally only seen him headshot fodder. But he didn't do it to Shunsui not once iirc, and he didn't even do it to Nanao when she stepped in to fight. Saying it's in character for him to do so, when in his main fight in the series, he doesn't do it, seems strictly false.

I also don't understand how to you dodge something that is instant, unless you have precognition, which Kyoraku lacks.

@Yomi If you didn't debunk her precog, then she's not gonna die right off the bat. She's more than able to oneshot Lille before he does the same to her.

@SomebodyData

No Shunsui moved his body,but he was still pierced in the foot,he simply moved so it hit elsewhere.

How does Pre-Cog stop a paralysis that has no projectile? I would understand this point if Lille's form didn't have a paralysis that activates right at the start and has no projectiles. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, there's an argument of it not being what Lille starts with which is also rather fallacious. Lille only used Jillel once and at the start of it he uses his paralysis, so to say he wouldn't here is dishonest.

I think due to the range (NYC does have long roads and Lille has a huge range) and how Lille is a more spammable long range character, I'd give it to him.

From such a distance he's either gonna teleport to Samus (like he did to Kyoraku), paralyze her and then perforate her with X-Axis. Or he's gonna spam X-Axis from his spot towards her or use his paralysis then spam X-Axis like he did with Kyoraku. Kinda hard to dodge something like X-Axis even with Pre-Cog when it has no projectile and is instant. Maybe she could possibly avoid one or two, but successive shots are not gonna be dodgable due to it's speed and AoE.

Also, I feel there are too many assumptions to take with Samus to get her a win that it's unreliable ground to assume she takes even a small majority.

For starters, she has only one attack that can work on Lille out of a plethora of abilities. The odds of using that attack before anything else is low. On top of this, Lille has one offensive attack he always uses and it's going to severely injure or kill if it lands.

I'll end by asking, how does Samus act in character given she's a video game protag? I've only played Metroid on NES and Gamecube so she has no character besides me controlling her from what I know.

So with that I'd vote Lille from what I can think of and taking in Yomi and Frantz's reasonings as well.

@IMade

It would just mean Samus would quickly attack.

if he teleports to Samus, that gives Samus time (And thanks to her precog) knowledge of where he is gonna be. Which means she shoots him frozen.

If she can avoid one, she could also shoot Lille you know (Actually, now that I think about it, Sensemove allows her to insta charge a beam, so it would work perfectly.)

Like we've mentioned before in the manga and cutscenes she usually starts with scan visor and her beams. So she's pretty reliable.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
X-Axis isn't infinite in speed. It just fires nothing, that it appeares to looks like it doesn't travel. Think of it as if it fires an invisible bullet to his target.

It is still pretty fast tho, but if someone without precog can basically avoid the shot, I fail to see how Samus can't dodge it as well.
No.

No projectile is involved at all,This analogy is quite bad

It is instantaneous in the sense that it activates and delivers itself at the same moment it took lille to shoot

X-Axis has no time lag whatsoever

@Yomi if X-Axis is instanteous then how did a character manage to avoid having his entire body destroyed and only his leg?

>For starters, she has only one attack that can work on Lille out of a plethora of abilities. The odds of using that attack before anything else is low. On top of this, Lille has one offensive attack he always uses and it's going to severely injure or kill if it lands.

I'll end by asking, how does Samus act in character given she's a video game protag? I've only played Metroid on NES and Gamecube so she has no character besides me controlling her from what I know.

Samus always leads with her beam. Also manga . Beam lead and willing to murder although would not go full power while bystanders are arpund. Excluding samus beats lilie by aoe by millions of times over man.

Speed and AoE? I don't think that applies to his X-axis attack. Being the size of a full sized person isn't all that large compared to something like trompete. Also, isn't speed equalized?

Not actually casting a vote, but rather trying to understand certain things, as well as dispel certain ideas.

I don't think anyone has argued that he wouldn't attempt immobilization.

I'm still confused on how an instant attack can be dodged. That just doesn't make sense to me. If it's instant then there's literally no time to dodge, yet Kyoraku seems to do this somewhat consistently. I'm honestly confused here.

I don't think it's that precog stops it. It's that, say Samus can see five seconds into the future. Then she has five seconds to not be within Lille's sight. I believe that's what the people arguing for Samus are trying to say.

It's problematically to check votes at this stage. Would be necessary for me to slide through the thread again and count all the votes in a sober mind.

@Yomi

>It activates and deliveres itself at the same moment.

This is the textbook of Infinite speed which wasn't what X-Axis showed in the manga. There is a slight "delay" between Lille activates it and the effect of the ability. Hence why Kyoraku can dodge most of it, unless you wanna to argue Infinite Speed in Bleach.

Also, Lille only used Paralyze like, just once. After that, he doesn't even bother to use it at all for the next few minutes.

Also, to enter his owl form, Lille needed to be deca pulpitatd first. He never shown to do that willingly on his own.

@frantzy again, being semi-dodged already destroys your point. Not full on dodged of course, but the fact that he managed to get the majority of his body away from the blast is enough.

"Weakness: The X-Axis can be aim-dodged before is fired." Samus' pre-cog has been shown to work with aimdodging as well.

I think this kinda destroys that reasoning, which in turns destroys most, if not all the votes.

It isn't infinite speed because no projectile is fired,there was already a thread on this lol.

It simply pierces whatever is within point A and B regardless of defenses instantly.

Base Form: he has to pull the trigger of his sniper,but the move itself is instant.

2nd Form: he has a bunch of holes on his wings,where he can fire of multiple shots instantly.

3rd form: somewhat confusing since he became a light-based being,but it still maintained it's piercing capabilities.

That's interesting yet I don't think it would change much in terms of a fight of Lille's range, but I think how the fight plays out now is gonna be different regarding SBA since Samus has stellar range from the comments that came out while I was typing. How does this fight even happen with such a distance that they wouldn't even know?

Edit: How do you have stellar range in NYC

@Imade what do you mean they wouldn't even know? Samus has all the information she can get by looking at him in a couple of seconds.

@Frantzy that's merely durability negation, not infinite speed. The fact that Kyouraku can react to it debunked the fact that it fires at infinite speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back