• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lille Barro (Bleach) VS Asta (Black Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lille Wins this is a stomp. His anti-magic only works on magic if we go by energy equalization, Mana = reiryoku and Quincys use Reishi another source of energy in battle. Anti-Magic would only applied to Kido, which is Demon Magic.

HokageMangaVox said:
Lille Wins this is a stomp. His anti-magic only works on magic if we go by energy equalization, Mana = reiryoku and Quincys use Reishi another source of energy in battle. Anti-Magic would only applied to Kido, which is Demon Magic.
Not really, Asta's swords already works in Demon powers too, The mages afirms that some VEtto attacks wasn't magic

YamiSukehiro1 said:
Not really, Asta's swords already works in Demon powers too, The mages afirms that some VEtto attacks wasn't magic
Demon magic = Kido Shinigami users = reiryoku, Lille is a Quincy, they don't use Kido or Reiryoku.

HokageMangaVox said:
YamiSukehiro1 said:
Demon magic = Kido Shinigami users = reiryoku, Lille is a Quincy, they don't use Kido or Reiryoku.
"Energy presents in all people" Mana/Reiryoku. Looks the same thing for me. In other hand, Why you equalized Demon Magic with Kido but not makes the same with Normal Magic and Reiryoku?

this is why i always see problems ith power-negating people, if their only ability is that than we must assume that it works because otherwise the whole fight would be useless...

so, going by the assumption that astas antimagic works on lille: no attack shown by lille would hurt him (unless lille goes for a large range spamming) since despite the fact that lilles attacks are basically "instant", the problem is that aster can use ki-sensing and dodge before lille starts to attack,

but since lille can fly he will be protected against any attack asta can do, at most the magic-reflection could be a problem but i dont think that lille would be defeated by his own attack (expseically not with that healing power) and the magic-release which asta still cant control,

everything considered: mostlikely he will simply spam his shots and defeat asta via stamina drain :)

PS: Varlon, you get a KUDOS for making a thread about Black Clover characters ^_^

@GreatestSin

The problem is that Lille always starts on the ground, and Asta might as well be teleporting from Lille's perspective due to the incredible speed difference (granted it's combat speed, but Standard Battle Assumptions state that Asta needs to be within a few meters of swinging range for it to be a fair fight).

Yes, Asta's Anti-Magic should work since Reiatsu (Spirit Energy) is composed of Reishi (Spirit Particles)... which all Quincies use for their Blut and Heilig Pfeil (the former of which is the only thing stopping them from going down in one hit in every major fight).

In addition, Asta has somewhat of a stealth advantage as his lack of magic would make his spiritual pressure extremely small, making it much harder for Lille to find him via Reiatsu Sensing.

So I can see Asta having a chance.

That said, the X-Axis doesn't use Reishi particles so it'll just punch through everything Asta has, meaning that he's virtually defenseless against it once Lille decides to get serious.

"Energy presents in all people" Mana/Reiryoku. Looks the same thing for me. In other hand, Why you equalized Demon Magic with Kido but not makes the same with Normal Magic and Reiryoku?

Because Kido is demon magic and is use with Reiryoku. (Spiritual Energy = Mana here.) But Quincy's use Reishi (spiritual particles.) To fight, is not energy but spiritual matter. His sword won't negate anything in this match, is a stomp.

this is why i always see problems ith power-negating people, if their only ability is that than we must assume that it works because otherwise the whole fight would be useless...
Wrong that would be a spite threath, since it will fall under NLF and say that he can negate all of his attacks and defore win the match.

Yes, Asta's Anti-Magic should work since Reiatsu (Spirit Energy) is composed of Reishi (Spirit Particles)... which all Quincies use for their Blut and Heilig Pfeil (the former of which is the only thing stopping them from going down in one hit in every major fight).
Wrong,

Reiryoku is spiritual energy.

Reiatsu is Spiritual Pressure.

Reishi is spiritual matter. (Which is what Quincy uses.)

I apologize for my confusion, but I don't think it really matters from the perspective of Asta's swords.

They can nullify any magical object that slice/stab/touch. Hell, it can nullify teleportation just by being in the general vicinity of the target and completely negate magical Regenerationn by being stabbed through a target. I don't think it cares if it's physical or not. If it's not made out of conventional matter or if it's magically charged in any way, it's not working and might as well be butter to either sword. Quincy Arrows aren't doing jack to it.

Yes, this is a stretch due to verse equalization rules, but it's the best we have since this would be a spite match otherwise.

HokageMangaVox said:
Wrong that would be a spite threath, since it will fall under NLF and say that he can negate all of his attacks and defore win the match.
nobody said that he negates his attacks, he negates his reiatsu/quincy energy/whatever, so that he can have a chance, but he has several weaknesses like the inability to deflect attacks that come from every direction,

and as i mentioned, lille would still win even if he can negate...

@reppuzan

asta cant negate teleportation, he moved through a lot of teleportation holes during his fight with vetto while his sword was in his hand, but he can destroy them (mostlikely) by hitting the border of the hole...

Yes he ca

Remember, the power isn't inherent to him but his swords. Intent also has a play a part in it since his Demon Dwelling Sword is able to shoot magic.

^but you said it works by asta simply being close to the spell :/

but it truly is strange, the teleport-spell of the villian was negated immediatly while the spell of the black-bull-teleporter was working...

maybe it has something to do with the specifics of each others spell or the spell of the villian wasnt complete and therefore vulnerable at every part >_>

GreatestSin said:
^but you said it works by asta simply being close to the spell :/
but it truly is strange, the teleport-spell of the villian was negated immediatly while the spell of the black-bull-teleporter was working...

maybe it has something to do with the specifics of each others spell or the spell of the villian wasnt complete and therefore vulnerable at every part >_>
Probably the sword just negate the things that Asta want

^both or only the magic-eating-sword? because that one seems to be reacting to astas intent while the first sword works all the time, and desite that, asta got easily teleported with that sword too :/

GreatestSin said:
^both or only the magic-eating-sword? because that one seems to be reacting to astas intent while the first sword works all the time, and desite that, asta got easily teleported with that sword too :/
Thinking about it, youre right. Asta control the first sword and he was passed for the speel with that. When he negate the telepor was with the second sword that he don't have the control yet, the thief swort.

I feel like it's a bit early for this. Black Clover hasn't even broken a hundred chapters. You're comparing Asta, who's limit has yet to be defined to a guy who has a definitive limit. Regardless, Asta's overall speed dwarfs Lille by a large margin: Sub-R vs MHS+. Shouldn't have much trouble avoiding Lille's offense. It's attacking that will be incredibly difficult. With verse equalisation, he should be able to nullify Lille's abilities. However, there's no guarantee.

Anyway, I'd give Asta time to grow. We know very little about his abilities and limitations. Plus, pretty sure Asta will gain demonic power like the White Night Eye members. It's been heavily hinted that his grimoire possesses a living demon within it.

thanks for the link Valon, and this sums up my idea the best: but we go off topic, lets discuss this in Black Clover Discussion Thread which i created a few minutes ago: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/399017

^if that was the case we would need to wait for every story to end before using chars in vs fights :( for now lille takes this via spamming, and i also think we can list it as such because if in 2 or 3 years asta got strong enough to maybe defeat him we can make a new vs battle and revise that ^_^

The main problem with this battle is, that Asta has the power of Magic Negation. In verse equalization that would allow him to cut, reflect or even absorb many of the Energy based attacks of Bleach, such as those from Shinigami or Hollows.... However Quincy don't actually don't use their spiritual powers in the way other Bleach peeps do, they don't form or discharged spiritual energy as attacks.

Quincy powers revolve around Reishi Manipulation. Reishi is Spiritual Matter, it isn't energy because Spiritual Energy is Reiryoku. These two things are not the same, even if people tend to forget that.

So Reishi isn't Energy, becuz it is a form of Matter. Therefore "Energy Equalization" would not apply. That being said in Vollstandig, Lille all of Lille's attacks possess the quality of the X-Axis,

"The X-Axis: When Lille fires, the rifle does not release a bullet; rather, it simply pierces everything between the muzzle and the target, leaving its power unable to be blocked by any barriers as a result."

Asta... Needs his swords to fight, as either blade possess an edge to cut/negate Magic/Energy based attacks and with the Demon-Slayer Sword the flat of the blade can reflect/repel Magic/Energy. The Demon-Dweller Sword can Absorb and Release the Magical Powers/Energy Attacks of others.

Neither of these Swords possess the ability to aid him in his battle against Lille. The X-Axis causes a "Peircing Effect", no release of Energy or Matter. It is an all peircing attack capable of "effortless penetration", that bypasses conventional durability.

Therefore Asta couldn't cut, block/deflect, or absorb it because this technique once used, has already peirced everything between the end of Lille's rifle (or since this is supposed to be Vollstandig Lille his weird Wing Hole things) and the target. There is nothing to cut, defend against or deflect, because everything has already been peirced.

Now as for Asta's "Speed", remember it is his reactions that are quote on quote from his profile "Possibley Relativistic", he hasn't shown himself to physically move that fast beyond parrying beams of magical light. This won't do him any good, because he can't react to or parry Lille's X-Axis once it is used.

Asta would have to rely upon Aim Dodging... Against Lille's Wing Holes to avoid getting killed off. But beyond that, Asta is screwed against Lille since he can't dodge forever and the limits of Lille's endurence is not known.

Lille has the benefit of true flight, intangibility, and unblockable all peircing nigh instantaneous attacks (of which he can "fire" six times simultaneously). He is also capable of self-resurrection/evolution in off chance he is killed while Vollstandig is active, which would be when he enters his 2nd Stage.

Asta has Light Speed Reactions, and Swords that are better suited against Magic/Energy using opponents. Lille manipulate/uses matter based attacks and uses a form of conceptual peircing... Also he can release large "bursts" of the X-Axis that can peirce through/take out portions of a city, which is needless to say is a good deal beyond the scope of Asta's ability to block something with the flat of his blades. He'd be vaporized.

I'd give the win to Lille, eventually. Asta would furiously aim dodge like a boss, till he inevitably tires out and screws up. Which is to say, if he hadn't already been killed off by trying to cut/negate, block/reflect or absorb Lille's X-Axis based attacks like he would with any Magic/Energy based attacks.

1) You seem to be missing the part that Asta's anti-magic swords can withstand and cut through any form of magically or spiritually charged matter with absurd ease. Let's give some examples, shall we?

Cutting through giant structures made of diamond

Highly pressurized water.

Solid blocks of magically infused ice.

Hordes of corpses

Basically, if it's inherently magical in any way, it's going to get cut/blocked. No exceptions. The only limitation is the surface area of the blade itself. As long as Lille does not resort to the X-Axis first, Asta will be crushing all of Lille's bones.

Yes, he has no defense against the X-Axis, which I mentioned earlier.

Asta is explicitly able to follow the movements of his Captain Yami, who explicitly defended against "lightspeed" attacks and casually reflects beams of light magic which move and act like real light (to the point of being reflected by mirrors, affected by shadows, e.t.c.)

Asta is able to nullify Regenerationn by keeping his sword in someone. I don't see why it won't do the same for intangibility.

Do I think this is a good matchup? No. Not in the slightest. Asta's only advantage is speed and one of his explicit limitations is the width and length of his swords. Anyways, one of two scenarios will occur:

1) Asta speedblitzes, smashes through Lille's Blut with his anti-magic properties, and calls it a day.

2) Lille is serious from the start and uses the X-Axis to shoot a hole through Asta's head.

^lille is in vollständig, that means he can fly and spam his attacks, even is asta manages to keep up he will lose due to stamina-issues..

but you mentioned het intangibility :asta already slashed through a person who asw intangible to magical attacks, i would say this counts right?

Like I said, it wasn't a good matchup due to Lille's flight abilities.

He hasn't done it in-story yet, so I'm only speculating here.

Yes Asta swords are very capable of cutting through "Magically" created matter, however against anything else his swords are simply heavy pieces of dirty metal that can only smash/cut things normally. Quincy gather and manipulate preexisting spiritual matter, they don't create Reishi through their own power like the ice, water or diamond you listed.

Also in this battle Lille starts in Vollstandig, if you didn't knowit already, the X-Axis is constantly active so therefore Lille will be using the X-Axis constantly so every attack possesses the nature of the X-Axis. Which you admitted Asta has no defence against.

Regardless of Asta's speed, Lille has the advantage of flight, teleportation, and intangibility. Lille's intangibility is uneffected even by energy like shown in canon when Shunsui used a "Blade of Kido", so neither physical or energy attacks will effect Lille while in Vollstandig. The only thing that injured him in Vollstandig was Reality Warping and his own power used against him.

Asta really can use neither of those things to his benefit.

Updated terms.

About the flight: Asta can put slashes that are anti-magic.

http://********.me/manga/black_clover/v04/c045/12.html

@GreatestSin

Somehow I don't remember the "slashing intangible being" thing, remind me.

@Valon Don't use ******** for posting scans. They stop producing images as soon as they're licensed (which was always true for Black Clover due to it being a Shonen Jump manga).

Reppuzan said:
@GreatestSin
Somehow I don't remember the "slashing intangible being" thing, remind me.
http://********.me/manga/black_clover/v05/c055/6.html

http://********.me/manga/black_clover/v05/c055/7.html

http://********.me/manga/black_clover/v05/c055/8.html

http://********.me/manga/black_clover/v05/c055/9.html

ok, it wasnt total intangibility but only worked on magic but it should work considering lille is only a mass of supernatural energy (whichvia verse equal can be destroyed through anti-magic) :/

Since when does matter count as energy? When it's convienient?

So despite the fact that in Bleach canon Reishi is distinguished as Spiritual Matter, distinct from Spiritual Energy aka Reiryoku, it is just now for the convienience of Vs. Battles a form of Energy?

Despite the fact it is a form of matter.

That's ridiculous.

If that's the case THEN OF COURSE, Asta can hit Lille, because if logic doesn't apply in this fight, then why not?

Reppuzan said:
@Valon
Don't use ******** for posting scans. They stop producing images as soon as they're licensed (which was always true for Black Clover due to it being a Shonen Jump manga).
Okay, man. I didn't know.

@Nisemono96

It really doesn't. But due to the nature of Asta's swords (which I pointed out earlier), it really doesn't matter at all. If it's magically charged in anyway, it's going byebye. Blut is really the only thing keeping the Quincies from being one-shotted in every fight, so destroying it is effectively destroying their durability.

@GreatestSin I see, can't believe I forgot that one. Well, it's nice to have a precedent.

I know well the nature of Asta's swords, him cutting something impervious to Magic is nice, but Lille is impervious to matter, and energy, the only things thus far able to injure him so established are reality warping and his own X-Axis.

Asta's never cut anything remotely like Lille in Vollstandig. Precendent nothing.

Lille in Vollstandig isn't even using his Reishi Weapon, he is "firing" the X-Axis.

In character Lille fights from a distance because he is a sniper. He is one of the more pragmatic Quincy. He was perfectly fine with sniping the invading Shinigami force one by one, if he is in character and Asta is, then I see no reason why Lille wouldn't shoot from an airborn distance and why Asta wouldn't try to block or cut Lille's attack, then fail and die.

1) Then please tell me why he doesn't use it always use it (i.e. when he's fighting Squad Zero for the first time).

2) You seem to be assuming that Lille is already in Vollstandig, which is only in Round 2. He's still physical and rarely takes to the skies when he's sniping while in base.

3) Asta's swords also nullify magical properties upon being stabbed into an object. It doesn't matter if Lille's intangible or not. Once Asta's sword goes into him, he'll most likely be tangible again.

4) Standard Battle Assumptions states that characters must be as far away as possible that it'll be fair. Automatically assuming Asta is on the other side of Soul Society is blatantly skewed in Lille's favor.

Anyways, this thread is devolving into a debate over what Asta can cut and how intangible Lille is, so I don't think it should stay open much longer.

Nisemono96 said:
If that's the case THEN OF COURSE, Asta can hit Lille, because if logic doesn't apply in this fight, then why not?
im not even talking about aster winning, even if he can reflect it he will lose, a attack from from every direction will easily defeat him, lille simply needs to stay in the air and attack...

and yes, we do take this as supernatural matter, only stuff from earth that exists out of atoms is "real"...

@Reppuzan

Okay.

1. When Lille had initially fought Zero Squad, he hadn't been in Vollstandig and hadn't yet had the full potential of his X-Axis unlocked when he was resurrected via Yhwach's Auswahlen. Still he used it right of the bat when he shot Shutara's body double through the head.

After that he was killed before he could even open his "Third Eye", by Nimaiya who speed blitzed all Schutzstaffel besides Askin (who was still sorta blitzed anyway).

After he was resurected, he used the X-Axis to "shoot" a hole right through Kirio, Tenjiro's weapons and Nimaiya's body.

2. Round one matter's little, because unless Asta knows the nature of the X-Axis, Lille is just going to shoot right through him. Also if Asta manages (which he could, if Lille sticks to the ground) to hit Lille three times, Lille will open his eye, then he becomes intangible. Three times over and Lille enters Vollstandig. Asta can't beat Lille in base, three almost injuries makes Lille enter Vollstandig which means round two is the one that counts.

3. That is utter nonsense Asta can't cut what he hit, that should be obvious. He cannot touch Lille, if his sword passes through. That's all it would do.

4. Which is why Lille would have the advantage in both battles, and the definite win in the second.

@Greatest Sin

"and yes, we do take this as supernatural matter, only stuff from earth that exists out of atoms is "real"..."

Well in Bleach, if we are observing Bleach canon with any level of adherence, Reishi (Spiritual Matter) is the spiritual equivalent of Kishi which is the physical matter that makes up say the Earth.

^and the "spiritual" part is what makes it supernatural, via verse equal it seems logical to assume that anitmagic works on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back