• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning of Candice

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this topic, it was debated that Lightning of Candice may have the speed of return, but was denied since we didn't have that much support.

However, its Lightning is still greater than any Lightning of nature (this in general) and the Lightning Feats page states that Lightning speed can vary in the range 1,0 - 14 × 10 5 m / s (1,400 km / s), so this should be Candice's lightning's minimum speed.

i agree with 1 400 km/s for candice lightning as a minimum .

the novel statement along with giriko comment support this enough imo .

well I think the minimum speed is fine upon further consideration, but the return stroke thing straight up does not make sense with lightning speed in general since all lightning has a return stroke of that speed I believe.

But why Return Stroke speed? We know it's greater than natural lightning speed, but why would that mean it has the return stroke speed?

When you thinking of a lightning strike and it's speed, that's the stepped leader speed. The return stroke is not the strike and speed we usually think of.

You need more staff and calc group acceptance first.

I'm somewhat leaning against this but willing to read through more to get more context. Can you link to the full translation of the novel that includes these excerpts?

@USlaverei; that is the part of the novel that has the first excerpt in it. Which parts are the other excerpts from?

Giroko's speech about the speed of lightning just says that the speed of lightning varies, right? Can you point out where he's saying Candice's lightning is faster?

Never mind, I found the Giriko bit. For what it is worth I also found these statements in the novel:

> Although it is far slower than an actual lightning strike, this arrowhead of Reishi still came flying at a rate worthy enough to be called 'lightning speed'.

> "Ha… awfully slow for lightning wasn't it? It seems impossible but, that couldn't possibly have been a lethal assassination technique just now could it?"

I think this means that we shouldn't be scaling Candice's arrow attacks to actual lightning speed.

Candice's attacks with her arrows are explicitly slower than lightning.

I'm pretty sure if you read closely you will see that they are provoking her . Ginjō spoke as if to provoke this enemy who had not yet revealed themselves, Giriko who was in a spot a small distance away then spun out words with an unfazed demeanour.

That quote is about her Heilig Pfeil, the Reishi arrows, not her lightning strikes. You're being misleading by leaving out context:

Although it is far slower than an actual lightning strike, this arrowhead of Reishi still came flying at a rate worthy enough to be called 'lightning speed'.

They dodged it just in the nick of time, but if they had been caught up in the electrical discharge, there's no way they would have gotten away without consequences ― before he knew it, Ginjō was brandishing a large sword in his hands, sweeping it sideways to disperse the lightning strike together with the Reishi that filled the air.

Whilst readying his large sword, pointing it in the direction in which the arrow that mingled with lightning flew in from, a daring smile played on Ginjō's lips.

"Ha… awfully slow for lightning wasn't it? It seems impossible but, that couldn't possibly have been a lethal assassination technique just now could it?"

You're also being misleading for leaving out the context where Candice address that her Heilig Pfeil are slow and shows how her actual lightning is fast:

"Who are you calling… slow?"

It was the voice of a young woman.

Meanwhile, a Reiatsu different to that of Shinigami or Hollow, swelled up at the center of the group.

Was it that she had cast off some sort of special coat that implements active camouflage, or perhaps she was using a different method altogether? The woman who materialised so abruptly as if she had seeped out from the shadows, was completely wrapped in white plasma.

Her white western style garments which were mostly open at the chest, was designed with her unique modifications applied in which a large portion of her abdomen, including her navel, was exposed.

Scars which appeared to be the result of some experimental procedure could be seen all over her body including parts of her exposed skin, however Ginjō had no time to pay attention to small details.

Then, the woman who had emerged from the shadows shouted at the top of her lungs in a voice mixed with mockery and irritation.

"If that's the case…… I'll let you assholes die quickly!"

With those brutal words, small bolts of lightning extended into the sky from her raised hand —- a genuine lightning strike not entangled in an arrow came rushing down towards Ginjō and the others with a thunderous rumble.

The bold speaks for itself and answers how the lightning is different than the Heilig Pfeil.

> This quote is about her Heilig Pfeil, the Reishi arrows, not her lightning strikes. You're being misleading by leaving out context where Candice address that her Heilig Pfeil are slow and shows how her actual lightning is fast:

If you read my comment fully you'd see I was stating that the speed of her attacks with arrows (Heilig Pfeil) is what should not be assumed to be lightning speed.

This affects the Relativistic calc of Ichigo where her arrows are assumed to be lightning speed.

I don't think that calc matters anyways, I thought it was being replaced with the other speed calcs in the first place.

All that matters is Candice's lightning bolts since those are the more important feats.

Right now on the verse page that's the only Relativistic calc in effect, so it seems important.

I can't say for whether it is being replaced by other calcs or not, but for now at least it should be removed and the ratings re-scaled.

Actually it wouldn't really matter since the Candice in the novel is way weaker, we already know all her abilities are slower in this weakened state.

Also the quote literally says it's still lightning speed lol.

It says worthy enough to be called that. So it's still fast, but evidently not close to the actual speed of lightning which the calc assumes.

It literally says it's still lightning speed in the quote. Giriko already explained the speed of lightning varies.

And as I already stated this is a weakened Candice who's literal lightning is still superior to all in nature, so this doesn't actually affect anything.

We literally see it later in the novel again.

" In a manner that appeared to aim for the spot where the opponent's balance had been weakened, Candice fired a volley of arrows entwined in lightning.

Moreover, as if to indicate that it was the finishing blow, she cast down the same "Electrocution" that was unleashed upon Ginjō and the others a short while ago.

The barrage of assaults, that were hammered out with lightning speed momentum in a very literal sense, blanket the surroundings with a dazzling light."

I still believe the calc I linked up above in its current state needs revising based on the excerpts that I've posted.

As IMade has said, the genuine lightning she creates is a different speed to her arrows, and her arrows are suggested to be rather slow compared to lightning.

It's like you completely ignored my post dude...

Read what you're saying carefully. We already know her electrocution technique is vastly superior to natural lightning so it's at the high end.

Her Reishi arrows are imbued with lightning, and move at lightning speed in the very literal sense even while she is weakened in the quote above thus making it lower than her electrocution.

Nothing needs changing, you didn't provide anything new that wasn't already known.

I still don't think her actual lightning strikes deserve to be rated at the high end. When Giroko was speaking about the speed of lightning here:

> "Hmm, although it is often misinterpreted, the speed of lightning is far less than the speed of light. However, since it is influenced by factors such as air humidity and atmospheric pressure, those numerical values have a tendency to change. Good heavens, speed is truly an ambiguous thing compared to the flow of time isn't it?"

He was saying this after seeing her Heilig Pfeil.

Nowhere is the speed of her lightning stated to be better than natural lightning.

These two excerpts together:

> Although her might has significantly weakened now that she has lost the power of her Vollständig, the blow from her "Electrocution" still far surpasses any lightning in the realm of nature.

> The thunderstorm which even surpasses nature's lightning, was mostly absorbed into the ground through the large tree, meanwhile the flank attack generated by the thunderstorm was repelled in the same fashion as before by the big sword in the possession of the man with the black jacket.

Mention nothing about speed. They only suggest that the power of her lightning strikes far surpasses the power of natural lightning.

The only explicit statements related to speed are the ones showing that her Heilig Pfeil are slower than her the actual lightning she generates.

No it is not only referring to power only. It literally says the lightning that she created surpasses the ones in nature. So it's speaking about lightning in general.

Then we have Giriko explain how the speed of lightning is ambiguous depending on certain factors. Clearly it's about speed as well since he was watching the whole thing.

Edit - Now that I think about it, what does her electrocution being rated higher speed effect? It doesn't effect her arrows speed which is the Ichigo calc and all the other rel calcs are Mimihagi and Auswhalen.

I would like some more staff input regarding this; the number of times that her power / strength / might is referenced indicate to me that she's only referring to her lightning surpassing the power of natural lightning. Speed isn't referenced so I don't see why we need to include that.

The first excerpt doesn't give any information about the speed of her lighting. All it tells us is that the speed of lighting varies based on environmental conditions

The second excerpt is specifically referring to power as a "blow" doesn't indicate speed.

The third excerpt is the only one that is debatable as it refers to the thunderstorm as a whole surpassing the realm of natural lighting. I'll be honest in saying that I've been out of the loop with Bleach for a while but I'm going to assume that her "thunderstorms" are another method she can use to generate lighting? If that's the case, I can see it being argued that her thunderstorm lighting might be high end lighting speeds but I might just be misunderstanding things.

In regards to her Heilig Pfeil, it doesn't look like it is anywhere near high end lighting speeds. At best, it looks to be at around low-end speeds of 1.0 x 105 m/s based on the description of it.

For now, I disagree with Heilig Pfeil being anywhere near high-end lighting speed. I'm not sure about her other lighting attacks

I also agree her arrows aren't high end lightning speed, hell as a matter of fact the entire thread is for a single ability...her electrocution technique lol. I though it was pretty clear.

And to answer your question, yes she generates lightning directly from the sky as well. Her Electrocution techniques comes directly from the clouds after she shoots it up or something as seen against Ichigo and the novel.

I'll also say again that this Candice is also quite weaker with the loss of her full power thanks to Yhwach's Auswhalen.

@Damage

You can ask Soldier Blue and other staff members listed in the Bleach verse page to comment here if you wish.

"If that's the case…… I'll let you assholes die quickly!"

With those brutal words, small bolts of lightning extended into the sky from her raised hand —- a genuine lightning strike not entangled in an arrow came rushing down towards Ginjō and the others with a thunderous rumble.

This specific quote already shows that there is a difference between Candice's Heilig Pfeil and her lightning that comes from the sky. The arrows aren't as fast as her actual lightning and even Electrocution.

Her arrows should just be lightning speed based off of the quotes and her regular lightning should be the high-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back