• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami Fights a Dog: Light vs. Duck Hunt Dog

Jackythejack

They/Them
Here we go! Obviously 10-A is used, speed is equalized. Neither of the combatants know about the other. Light is armed with his fists and the death note, and the Duck Hunt Dog has his dog and duck self but not the...y'know guy who shoots for him in Smash. Fight takes place in Final Destination.

Light yagami
According to pla

Duck Hunt Ultimate

Light wins, not sure if he could really beat the dog to death, but he's smart enough to be able to get it in a position where he can knock/throw it off FD. He then probably strangles the duck, annoyed about having to get his hands dirty.

Does the fact that there's also a duck harassing him not mean much? I thought he'd be at least a little bit more overwhelmed.

either way 2 for Light

Meant to say he strangles the duck, not dog. Though you had a more unfortunate typo for the word.

Even if the duck is involved in the fight, the duck and dog don't actually work together. The duck would be more likely to run away in 'character'.

When people forget that the OP says there's a duck there, too...

Anyway, just like the majority of people said, Light does probably win here. And while he can't insta-win his way through his Death Note, he does have a few advantages over Duck Hunt that could probably give him the win.

One, because he's much, much smarter than Duck Hunt, so outwitting him would be a piece of cake. Second, he does have some fighting experience, after combatting with the likes of L, and he could potentially beat it down as Duck Hunt tries to get a bite in. And even if Duck Hunt does get a bite or two in, Light was able to keep running with multiple gunshot wounds for quite some time, so he'll likely be able to force his way through. And as for the aforementioned duck, admittedly, it would probably coordinate with Duck Hunt and prove to be quite a distraction for Light. However, it's even more frail than the dog, and one or two good swings from Light would probably disable it for the rest of the fight. Especially if he managed to land a hit on one of the duck's wings.

So, strangely enough, this would prove to be quite a battle for Light. However, due to his far superior intelligence and combat experience, I will give Light the win here, mid to high difficulty.

Winner: Light Yagami

Jackythejack said:
Starter is like the best at analyzing silly fights I guess.
Keep your Mami Tomoes and SCP-682s, I prefer my fights with lower tier animatronics, people and animals!

Pretty sure that's 3 Jacky.

Also, Starter, the Duck and Dog wouldn't coordinate unless it was their smash keys, in Duck Hunt the Dog is helping hunt the ducks, in character the Duck would run away from the Dog.

Blahblah9755 said:
Pretty sure that's 3 Jacky.
Also, Starter, the Duck and Dog wouldn't coordinate unless it was their smash keys, in Duck Hunt the Dog is helping hunt the ducks, in character the Duck would run away from the Dog.
True enough.

Light is smarter, likely the better fighter, but.... Aside from the obvious strat of throwing Duck Hunt off of Final Destination, I'm wondering.... How does he actually win?

From Duck Hunt's profile:

Durability: Street level (Can survive being shot)

Duck Hunt Dog has 9-C durability. Best case scenario for Light, Light is top level 10-A AP, Duck Hunt Dog's Durability is lowest possible 10-A, that just means they're evenly matched in that regard & he'll have trouble harming it.

Meanwhile, he has a duck distracting him, MAYBE attacking (SBA says "willing to kill", but this isn't a bloodlusted match.) & a large dog biting him; Keeping a throwing grip on a dog that size isn't easy.

Even if Duck Hunt Dog is stupid enough to bite Light's arm, and then just hang there while Light walks to the edge of Final Destination, bleeding & in horrible pain, somehow lifting a dog with his possibly damaged arm, what if it just lets go so as to land on the ground and attacks another part.

To actually throw a large & aggressive dog while in pain.... Well, possible effects on muscle & nerves from battle damage aside, it's within the realm of Light's regular human lifting strength. It's not easy.

It's tougher with a duck distracting you, but we don't know if the duck is aggressive enough to interfere.

If you ask me, the biggest question is: Can Light achieve a hold from which the dog cannot escape via strength, wriggling, nor bite him from, & which Light can throw the dog from?

A hold inescapable to a dog.

If the dog gets out, it can continue its offense on Light, & its 9-C durability gives it a strong chance of Light being unable to win in a straight-up fight.

Even in a choke hold, which isn't easy to achieve when it's constantly moving its head to bite him, it can claw & kick & flail.

I will say that "able to survive being shot" doesn't entirely prove being 9-C, however, since there ARE guns that are only 10-A. Not many, but some.

For example, this gun mostly used to hunt rabbits: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ruger_10/22

But, the profile is what it is.

I'll say I'm not sure how to vote for now.

The gap between 9C and 10A is very small, at most the dog would probably be around 2x stronger than Light. And again, the duck and dog do not coordinate, in character the duck runs away from the dog. SBA still leaves you in character, just willing to kill.

Light doesn't need to drag the dog to the edge, he just needs to get it to run over there, he has more than enough intellect and stamina to be able to dodge the dog's charge and get over to the edge where he could throw/push it off.

Light FRA, he's smarter and more physically adept even if he does have a lesser physicality.

A rare win for the Death Hax King.

Oh, did Light win the whole thing then?

I should probably add this to their profiles at some point.

Light's profile needs unlocked. It is on the Dog's profile already.

Back