• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light novel Kumoko Revision

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Basically this is what I've got from light novel. From japanese source of course. Many of the reasons why she is rated that way is in there but I will explain here the things that aren't in the blog.

And before that I like to point out that likes of Wrath and Sophia won't scale to Admin Kumoko. She is weakened at that point and she can't tap into that power at that point. And that'll **** up the scaling too you know. I didn't make a key for that simply because if I made a weakened God key then I need to make any significant power up or down of all Kumoko's form and it's too much of a pain in the ass and make profile look like rubbish.

==9-B rating==

Here's big snake biting off a piece of wall. If someone could calc it that'll be neat.

==High Hypersonic rating==

This is the most debatable of all the rating I gave. If someone can calc please do, and if you have definite objection to it then that'll be great.

Here's Ariel capable of reacting to meteors.

"Yeah. I don't know what it is, but I saw something being fired."

Demon King said with eyes conveying that she doesn't want to talk about it.

"So that's true. If they built G fleet, I suppose they built it too. They really did built it, damn."

Even Potimas seems to be not happy about this.

Yeah, I understand.

If they built one of your draft project meant to be as a joke, I'll be, you know.

So that's octopus are able to launch meteors to earth?

And this is Kumoko catching meteor while at combat speed. Keep in mind that this is weakened admin Kumoko, she's not that powerful at this stage. Potimas reacted to it too.

I connected my pocket dimension to the crack in the barrier.

There's no sight of anything changing so he likely won't notice.

Even if he could, he can't do anything about it anyway.

The moment I turned into swiss cheese by bullets, he fell right into my trap.

If you ask a RPG gamer what is the strongest magic in the game, what will he answer?

It's likely a meteor.

==Admin Abilities==

I don't know how to explain this with quotes because most of that comes from the fact that she can completely copy Queen Taratekt with a bit less power with her clones in volume 12. And tbh it's an entire chapter or so I don't know how to quote. Just look at the ln pls.

==6-A, 5-B rating==

Here's 6-A quote. This is consistently implied throughout volume 7 and beyond. Kumoko absorbed this to become a God. The continent they are talking about make Hokkaido a speck on the map.

Maximum power is what I've said before. If we mess up, the planet will explode. But that is hypothetical maximum power. That's not possible with MA energy. If we go by simulation, it's weakened to be able to blow up the entire continent. Well, it's no better than planetary destruction.

Furthermore, while in weakened state Kumoko said that she can create a meteor strike that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Getting meteor strike by telekinetically manipulating the flight of it is too pain in the ass so I won't do that.

What I did is just catching a meteor by using space magic in outer space.

After that I don't to do anything, the kinetic energy of meteor will do the job.

If I feel like it, I could summon bigger object that I can launch to the atmosphere.

If I do that I could get hurt because of sheer casualties.

It's the same as the meteor that almost wiped out the dinosaurs, after all~.

I have no intention to destroy the planet though.

This is 5-B statement for octopus thingy.

Long before and right now, giant meteor is an apocalyptic event that causes misery to everyone.

An end that can't be changed.

Literally planet destruction.

An object that causes that and you make it?

Are you an idiot or something!?

And this is Gyuliedistodies killing that effortlessly.

This barrier is the reason why killing a dragon is difficult.

That is why even if it is planet destroying attack, the question of if it can break through it is uncertain.

And even then if it can hurt me is a bet in on itself.

And even if you broke through the barrier, that doesn't mean you can kill a true Dragon.

This is the difference between Dragon God and human.

While knowing this, humans in the past didn't understand it.

The didn't understand it, so they made something like this.

Hoping that it'll work.

I destroyed that yesterday's hope.

G meteor is destroyed without any trace.

If you don't know or has objections to the profile, then post it in the thread. And I know this is very sloppy thread I'm not used to this forum at all, still. Probably because I don't post or interact with people here that much anymore. Help me with quotes AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

That there 9-B justification you're trying to put forward has been the bane of my entire existence for over a year now trying to get someone to look at it.

Though, let's be clear, that won't scale to her AP, but rather her durability. Since she is always considered < whatever she's fighting at all times, tending to have to rely on her poison to wittle away at her opponent's health, but at the same time, she did take some major hits from said snake and managed to survive long enough to kill it with her poison.

Also, this would be for her first form, since she had multiple evolutions throughout the course of the plot. If any justifications can be found for her other forms that can be set higher than the snake feat, they are always welcome.

You can ask a few calc group members for help with that if you wish.

First things first: Most of these parentheses in the P&A section should be moved to the Notable A/T section. It's just better style. The profile draft has the key in the wrong location btw.

Also, do you use bits from untranslated LN volumes? From the looks of it all that comes from the official english translation, no?

To the ratings:
Planet level rating makes no sense. It is made clear that Komoko's current energy is that of the continent destroying bomb. I also have a calc for that one, although I need to redo that. Scaling to D definitely makes no sense, as D is ridiculously stronger, and Güliedistodiez is also stronger for the time being. Given, I'm not sure if scaling Güliedistodiez to the octopus machine even makes sense. The octopus machine dropped meteors and stuff for Planet level rating. I don't think it is that strong in direct combat.

As for speed: Ariel has an approved Hypersonic+ calc here.
The meteor stuff results in nothing. Even normal humans can see meteors dropping, so the first quote doesn't imply speed. The second is Kumoko herself launching a meteor by teleporting a stone high up. That has nothing to do with speed.

I will look through the scaling later and might calc the wall thing then.

That aside you are suggesting adding a ton of abilities that you kinda don't mention in this thread.
For the sake of evaluating those, it would be very helpful if you could list which ones you added and provide the reasoning for why she should have those. (preferably with scans/quotes) You can put the quotes in a blog post and link it here, if the structure of the fandom wiki is what you're more used to.

Though, let's be clear, that won't scale to her AP, but rather her durability. Since she is always considered < whatever she's fighting at all times, tending to have to rely on her poison to wittle away at her opponent's health, but at the same time, she did take some major hits from said snake and managed to survive long enough to kill it with her poison.
A Small Lesser Taratects typical Offense and Defense Stat are equally 8 though. Since Kumoko has no specific defence boosting skill at that point I hence doubt she is less strong than durable. Her first stat sheet, shortly after evolving due to the snake, also had her Offense and Defense stats as equal, which supports the idea.
She is weaker than the snake (its species has tripple digit stats all across the board). The gap just isn't that immense in either respect I guess.

Valid points for me. Though she should be 9-B by the time of Zoa Ele, most of the monsters avoid her at that point. Hypersonic seems good too. While Kumoko won't scale to 5-B, but Gyuliedistodies scales to it right? Also then Kumoko blowing her head off is an outlier then.

What are the abilities I didn't mention in the profile?

While Kumoko won't scale to 5-B, but Gyuliedistodies scales to it right?
IMO no. The octopus generates that power by dropping meteors from space. It in itself isn't as strong as the meteors are and would be easier to defeat in combat. So Güllie doesn't need to be planet level to defeat it.

Also then Kumoko blowing her head off is an outlier then.
If things end up like in the WN probably not. In the WN it is explained that most gods are not as durable as they could be, because at a certain point the energy necessary to block an attack becomes greater than the energy needed to regenerate from it. I suspect that's the reason Shiraori could blow D's head off: D simply deemed that regenerating would be more efficient than blocking.

What are the abilities I didn't mention in the profile?
It's not about what you didn't mention in the profile, but about what you mentioned in the profile and not in this thread.
Like, you want to add new abilities to the wiki profile. Death Manipulation for example is currently not on it. But you don't give a list of which new abilities you wish to add in this thread or any justification as for why they should be added.
It is hard for me to evaluate if the abilities should be added, if I don't know based on what (which quotes preferably) you want to add them in the first place.

It might be worth to split of notable A&T into pre and post deification. A lot of her original abilities apply but many new, more creative ones exist that make browsing NA&T rather cumbersome, imo. Furthermore, plenty of abilities are lost during her deification.

Also, might be worth a minor note on D's profile for her tier "Likely much higher" since she's currently sitting in Tier 5-B and is noted as being much, much more powerful than we know.

Last edited:
In terms of comments on the profile revision:
High Hypersonic (Catched a meteor mid-flight in the outer space in her fight against Potimas)
Doesn't imply speed, but implies extrasensory abilities. She can detect and catch a meteor in space. In the web novel, she is able to react to a "Beam" attack from one of Potimas's ships, reflecting the beam back at him by opening two portals into a different dimension. This feat has not happened in the LN yet but likely will in Volume 14, which is slated for release January 9th (the day after the Episode 1 premiere of the anime). We may see even more crazy stuff happening at that time, as well, due to Okina Baba's revisions between versions being quite different. The Light Novel seems to be on a grander scale.
Continent level, likely Planet level (Absorbed Gloria's self-destruction to become God, which can destroy a continent. Likely comparable to Gyuliedistodies, who calls planet destroying octopus machine weak. Punched D in the head so hard her head exploded)
The technical term for this is "GMA bomb" and it was calculated to be Multi-Continent level, iirc. @DontTalkDT did this calc a while ago. He's also correct that D likely decided that regenerating was faster and more energy-efficient than blocking an enhanced attack. D's regeneration is kind of like golden boy from Parahumans, except likely on a greater scale. This is further enforced by the fact that we know from Volume 9 that Shiraori needs to apply body enhancements via conjuring/magecraft a-la her fight with Wrath.

Time Stop is on her power list twice on the Administrator key, and only applies to her Dimensional Manipulation (unless she has it using one of D's cheat-items). She also does not have Immortality type 8. Her soul is who she is, it is not a separate object and therefore does not apply to Reliant Immortality. If she does, please clarify in a reply. Afaik, she has 1, 3, and 6.

Her Scythe is likely much more powerful than we know at the moment. It is able to ignore Potimas's anti-conjuring zone from pre-apocalypse and in Volume 13 makes short work of Sariel's Guardians (which are around 50,000 power by in-System standards). The original Appraisal indicated that the offense ability was around 15,000 in Volume 7. This has likely increased by Volume 13 since D said it will "grow" and several years (12-16) have passed from Volume 7-13. Also, the English translation is using "Rot" instead of "Decay", and should be consistent for readers, imo.

For weaknesses, despite her thread being nigh-indestructible via ripping, tearing, or any other outside force within the System, it still burns with regular fire.

Your link to DontTalkDT's calc on Ariel's speed doesn't work, btw.

I think that's everything at a minor glance. I unfortunately cannot read Japanese but there are some more feats in Volume 13 from what I've been told from the Kumo community, so you might want to read that as well.

The technical term for this is "GMA bomb" and it was calculated to be Multi-Continent level, iirc. @DontTalkDT did this calc a while ago.
Yep, but I need to redo that calc. In Volume 8 we got a statement that the Mystic Mountain range is "hundreds of miles of mountains". That should serve as a better measuring stick than what I used until now.

Time Stop is on her power list twice on the Administrator key, and only applies to her Dimensional Manipulation (unless she has it using one of D's cheat-items).
IIRC her Evil Eyes of Paralysis were in the LN explained to be in fact time stop. But this goes in the vein of what I have been saying above: We really need the quotes/explanations for the source of all the ability additions.
Also, the English translation is using "Rot" instead of "Decay", and should be consistent for readers, imo.
I've been trying to change the WN terminology on the LN profile to the LN one, but seems like I didn't catch everything.
For weaknesses, despite her thread being nigh-indestructible via ripping, tearing, or any other outside force within the System, it still burns with regular fire.
Agreed. To provide the quote on that:
Cursing wildly, Hooligan moves on to his next course of action, which is……FIRE?! The wall of thread’s on fire! What kind of moron sets a fire in his own house?!
Even after my deification, my thread has retained the same basic properties. In other words, it’s still weak to fire.
From Volume 9 Chapter 3: Arrival of the Hooligan

Rough estimation makes it go down a bit. Possibly lands it in the Continent level range... which is probably not too unrealistic.

btw. found the quote regarding time stop Evil Eyes:
Inert Evil Eye originally evolved from Paralyzing Evil Eye. Since the latter has the Paralysis attribute, I normally wouldn’t be able to use it, but Inert Evil Eye has a sort of time-stopping effect.
It's from Volume 9 Chapter 5: Arrival at the Great Elroe Labyrinth

Time Control feat regarding Dimensional Manipulation: Volume 10-2: Let's Make Preparations
Anyway, I toss that mediocre clone into an alternate dimension. It's basically a world of my very own creation, where I make the rules. I can even control the flow of time in there, at least to a certain extent. So yeah, it's basically a hyperbolic time chamber.
There are further explanations regarding her clones.

Also, Space Manipulation from Warped Evil Eye is clarified in Volume 10-4: Let's Bring the Pain
My new Warped Evil Eye doesn't have such limitations! It's twisting the very fabric of space itself, so the makeup of whatever's in the way has nothing to do with it. In a sense, this attack is one that totally ignores defensive ability. The only negative is that it doesn't have a very wide range.
Volume 10-5: Let's Observe a Meeting: Clarification on Parasitic Immortality. (Will likely get stronger when she enhances her regeneration conjuring)
The mini-mes might seem like clones, but they're basically an extension of my body. Even if you detach them from the original, aka me, they're still a part of me. And the "original" is just where my consciousness happens to be residing at the moment. Its makeup isn't actually all that different from that of my clones.
This further implies that one would need to kill every single clone at once to fully kill Shiraori. It's no longer a manual process of transferring her soul from one body to another, since all the "clones" are technically all her.

These are all the highlights I made while reading, but there's definitely more in Volume 10.
e: literally every quote is from v10 here, my bad.

Last edited:
Continent level (or whatever the calc ultimately results in), but not in her current key but a new key she is going to get.

Back