• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seriously though, not sure why this is... necessary

Since you know... Kagutsuchi is literally infinitely above Gretchen

So he can just

slap her

EDIT: Just remembered she has Mid-Godly Regenerationn that can bring her back against Nonexistence Erasure. Still an inconclusive, I guess

I love how UKG gets an inconclusive against fodder yet Homura vs Dante wasn't removed.

Anyway bump

I'll just post this quote from Matt:

"The Hax negating generally either comes from people like YHVH, or really high-end beings being completely unnaffected by the powers of any lesser god or demon, rendering them worthless before their sheer might."

Also just noticed my reply on that thread was never posted (blame slow internet connection for this), but aside from the characters using observation it seems more like they resist those powers rather than null.

The point is that if he doesn't null UKG can hax him to incap as he's still 4-D, and if he does this is actually pointless as she would get as much of an inconclusive against him as she would against stronger demons.

She also has 2 degrees of power null resistance

Still, we should wait for the changes to be implemented first.

I always thought this "AP-based Power Null" seemed more like some stupidly good resistance to hax that allowed them to Lolnope most stuff, rather than being outright Power Null. It still applies to Kagutsuchi though, "YHVH and other really high-end beings" are just examples, there are more examples of this from people weaker than Kagutsuchi (the Demi-Fiend lol-noping the Moirae's Fate Manipulation is one of them)

Although, Kagutsuchi likely isn't getting High-Godly

I tought the Demi-Fiend was stronger than Kagu? Anyway it also seems resistance to me more than null. Is there any scans that outright says it's power null?

@RKGenki

Well, on the game, it was needed a party of four to defeat him, so there is that, but it had been some time since I last played Nocturne

That was like, Mid-Game Demi-Fiend, which wasn't on Kagutsuchi's level yet

I mean, it doesn't have specific scans, it just screams Resistance everywhere. There are quite a few examples of SMT Demons and even Humans doing stuff to weaker beings and leaving them powerless to do anything. Such as YHVH stomping Lucifer and instantly sending him to hell in Megami Tensei II, or the Protagonists just punching everything that goes in their way

Huh. I feel like this needs to be discussed on the revision thread. Sadly I can't help much as I have basically zero knowledge on SMT.

Thinking about it, it looks similar to how in dragon ball Higher ki means resistance to powers from weaker characters (or something similar, don't really follow DB), and here it's treated as resistance to what they have shown to resist (as it should be). From my ignorance I don't see a clear difference between the two if it's not stated to be power null.

Never

Hence why I literally never said it whatsoever within this thread.

I just find the idea kinda funny.

He asked about regen, and I said he can still be incap'd. The "Lolno" seemed like it was going against this.

Anyway, it's just a little misunderstanding

Even then, that's still wrong

Regenerationn in a basic form can help you recover from Brain Trauma which already laughs at basic KO

Certain forms of Regenerationn such as High or Mid Godly allow you to shrug off certain Hax that force you to not exist causing an incap from that way

So even with that misunderstanding in mind it still has quite a few holes.

I didn't specify the means of incapacitation, obviously if you can regen from brain trauma you can't be ko'd in a conventional way. That's why I said "via other means" when replying to you.

And actually if I put a law that says that you can't exist somewhere, your regen doesn't matter as long as you stay in there, because you'll be erased every time you regen.

Non-damaging ways such as power null or sealing still work anyway

Back