• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leviathan Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the main thing for me was to look at the main reasoning that put Leviathan at High 1A cause I personally don't think that it's High 1A at all.

So, ignoring the nature of the cosmology for now, the main reasoning for Leviathan being High 1A is due to viewing the entire hierarchy of worlds as nothing more than a dream.

The hiearchy of worlds is likely an infinite outerversal hierarchy and even if its not it is still an infinite reality-fiction hierarchy which is transcended not just by the Leviathan but also by his entire species which has an infinite hierarchy with the Leviathan being the final whale that contains and transcends all of them so still High 1-A.

The issue here is that simply viewing a 1A+ hierarchy as fiction/a dream isn't High 1A. In fact, I'd just consider that another level into 1A+.

Another thing that people bring up is that the infinite hierarchy of smaller whales and whatnot are completely disconnected from the hierarchy of worlds as justification for High 1A as well, but that's, again, another layer into 1A+.

Obviously, I'm not against High 1A Leviathan, but I think a 1A+, possibly High 1A key should be there instead.

I think someone should also explain how whales containing whales somehow equates to a transcendence.

(That's the scan from which it came from)

It's the first time I've made a thread here, so I apologize if there aren't really any scans or anything like that. I was just basing this off the current knowledge I have on the tiering system.

It's a bit too convoluted for me to actually understand (just cause I'm lazy and tired rn), but if you could just summarize it, that would be nice.

However, my thing basically is not exactly a downgrade, but more of a "if you can't offer evidence that would support High 1A, then it's a downgrade". Basically, I'm saying that it being a dream for Leviathan isn't nearly enough to be High 1A and it's simply another layer into 1A+, at most.

It can be with the proper contexts.

On the other points and on more contexts, this thread gives more evidence why High 1-A is still valid.

The only reason I doubt it being High 1A is for the same reason I stated above. The reasons for them keeping it at High 1A was just it being a dream for Leviathan. That, alone, isn't High 1A. Even the whole infinitely-layered hierarchy of smaller whales and whatnot wouldn't offer a High 1A rating for Leviathan, and just a 1A+ rating that's ludicrously high on the scale.

I agree, their needs to be stronger evidence of inaccessibility
Tbf, this is an issue with a lot of the verses put at High 1A and whatnot. It's just not enough evidence for High 1A. And then you have Overvoid...

To be honest, High 1A is stupidly hard to reach, so it's highly unlikely that more than a handful of characters (besides the SCP-verse) will reach it.

If no one else has read the comic maybe the profiles should be deleted?

I mean, the profiles aren't too outdated, and seem to match the tiering system's requirements, so I don't think it's too big of an issue

@Antvasima I apologize for bothering you like this, but if you could ping some more knowledgeable members for the verse, it would help the downgrade progress much more efficiently.

We had a lengthy discussion with multiple staff and knowledgeable members about this months ago and it was agreed to remain at its current tier. Seeing as nothing new has been brought to the table here, I don't see the point of the thread

The issue here is that simply viewing a 1A+ hierarchy as fiction/a dream isn't High 1A. In fact, I'd just consider that another level into 1A+

Viewing the very hierarchy as fiction is High 1-A.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on this. Have no interest in revisiting a dead and done topic.

Oh, and non-members can't ping staff, you'd gave to go to his wall and message him.

I'll just call some people to save you the trouble.

@Firestorm808 @Antvasima @QuasiYuri @Ultima_Reality

Viewing the very hierarchy as fiction is High 1-A.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on this. Have no interest in revisiting a dead and done topic.

No, not really. If the entire hierarchy is fiction, it's merely another layer above it. It's not High 1A at all. In fact, the evidence offered doesn't really show much of an inaccessible transcendence at all.

Oh, and non-members can't ping staff, you'd gave to go to his wall and message him.

I'll just call some people to save you the trouble.

@Firestorm808 @Antvasima @QuasiYuri @Ultima_Reality

Alright, thank you for the notice and notifying them.

High 1A would literally be whatever you said, and being beyond all further extensions as well. I'm not even saying to fully remove the High 1A rating, I'm just saying that it's not enough to actually be High 1A, and seems more like a solid 1A+

No, not really. If the entire hierarchy is fiction, it's merely another layer above it. It's not High 1A at all. In fact, the evidence offered doesn't really show much of an inaccessible transcendence at all.
If the hierarchy has idk, 33 layers and one views the topmost as fiction then he's just higher into the tier (1-B, 1-A or whatever). Viewing the very structure onto which these layers exist is enough to jump to the next one as far as the tiering system is concerned.

But Ultima can clarify when he comes here which of us is correct anyway.

If the hierarchy has idk, 33 layers and one views the topmost as fiction then he's just higher into the tier (1-B, 1-A or whatever). Viewing the very structure onto which these layers exist is enough to jump to the next one as far as the tiering system is concerned.

But Ultima can clarify when he comes here which of us is correct anyway.
Again, simply viewing the hierarchy as fiction can simply be another layer into 1A+. If no further context can prove High 1A such as Leviathan being beyond all further extensions of it, then the rating shouldn't be there.

And besides, Leviathan being harmed by the characters that are supposed to be fiction for it makes the transcendence that Leviathan has over the hierarchy seem...well...not the best. However, there's likely more context, so I likely oversimplified stuff.

Yea
I am pretty sure that's not enough, otherwise SCP 3812 would have been High 1-A long ago

Then again most of these standards are arbitrary and just depend on the meta and mood of the people.

Yea
I am pretty sure that's not enough, otherwise SCP 3812 would have been High 1-A long ago

Then again most of these standards are arbitrary and just depend on the meta and mood of the people.
Exactly, tho 3812 will likely be High 1A soon

Since this subject has already been thoroughly discussed elsewhere, and the conclusion was that the current tier should remain, and our expert for The Unwritten, @Sandman31, is currently not very active in this forum, should we close this thread?

I'm down with that. Far, far more elaborate reasoning was given before and after the lengthy discussion, the tiering was still agreed upon to stay. Seeing as nothing new was brought up, there isn't much of a reason for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back