• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's Talk Verse Fodder

Just a statement of the amount of joules they carry.

@HeadlessKramerGeoff777

It says in in the Lightning Feats page that a lightning bolt requires at least 5 Gigajoules in order for it to be a lightning bolt.

Because you are A. able to call in that lightning and B. generally able to guide/manipulate it.

Because that's still the minimum energy required to pull a lightning bolt out of a cloud as well, and created the cloud could yield even higher results. And yeah, manipulating it especially warrants the attack potency being 8-C+.

What would be the tiering for Classic Mega Man fodder? I mean, many of the enemies in the game can either take multiple hits from the Mega Buster or can deflect the standard, or even charged shots, as well as certain Robot Master weapons such as the Metal Blade. So, where do we put them?

Thugs, Fisk Henchmen, Demons, Inmates, and Sable Agents from Insomniac's Spider-Man should be 9-A, given their incredibly casual 9-B+ feats and they can takes beatings from Spider-Man who holds back when fighting them. (As noted by Taskmaster)

I'm willing to do calcs and stuff since I sorta already did the calcs for Mario fodder, if you guys want

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm willing to do calcs and stuff since I sorta already did the calcs for Mario fodder, if you guys want
Hrm, okay. Can you work on those BOTW skull explosions, and I'll try to see about finding some kind of feat for Mega Man or possibly even Castlevania.

I'd need to find a video for proper pixel scaling but I can surely try.

Actually, proving I have a very short attention span, I just went over and dug up some interesting Kid Icarus enemies that might be helpful.

Sinistew: Drags opponents into its pot, which contains a one-dimensional universe inside, where they're rarely seen again. In-game, it just holds you there for a couple of seconds while damaging you before spitting you out again.

Vakloom: Absorbs all ranged attacks into the black hole in its body, before unleashing all of that energy into one massive laser blast.

Urgle Upon spotting an enemy, it charges at them at a surprising speed before tossing them into the air.

I'm actually working on finding a video determining how fast the Urgle runs, and that could be beneficial to figuring out how fast and/or powerful it is.

Digimon, depending on what you see as fodder. It's either gonna be 9-B or 3-C or even 2-A can be fodderized.

Nah, not what "can be fodderized"- I think this refers to like just nameless enemies that are cosistently the bottom rung.

The real cal howard said:
In that case, Poke-Fodder is 8-C.
Thought there were like babies at 9-B or smth

then I'm just misremembering don't mind me

As for my respective verses...

• Dungeons and Dragons fodder range from 9-B to 9-A (like Allip), though just mundane species of creatures hit limits of High 6-B or so by current reckonings (stuff like Prismatic Dragons)
  • Monster Hunter's lowest large monsters are 8-B, stuff like Great Jaggi and Great Jagras
  • Dark Souls I have no idea on but probably 9-B for basic Hollows, since they can shatter big carts
  • Enter the Gungeo fodder scales to the Blank calc done by Kaltias, which was 9-A IIRC
  • Absolver lands at 9-B fodders, albeit those fodders have Type 4 Immortality
  • Warcraft has 8-A fodder demons, the lowest creatures you can fight are unironically 10-C because you can fight tiny bugs and literally frogs even though they literally die in one hit and can't do anything to you

Speaking of low-tier Thanos, perhaps we should also try to find the tiering for the zombies from the actual story campaign in Fortnite. You know, what was supposed to be the actual reason they made the game instead of the Battle Royale aspect.

I would guess 9-B at least, though it may be higher as far as I know.

I actually meant to buy the actual Fortnite game when it was on sale but missed it. If I was to believe the titlecards it looked like it had some pretty damn monstrous enemies in it. And, Bobsi, sadly not that low.

I wouldn't call Mind Flayers fodder in D&D. Psionics are a pain to deal with. Plus there's some 10-C enemies like house cats or rats.

Goblins and Kobolds are the fodderiest things I've seen.

yeah but like

they only come in hordes or monstrous sizes

also a badger has the same challenge rating as an orc warrior

I think house cats are also stated out. Although there's always that chance of a cat being > Kobolds I guess

Also a bear is rated as a challenge for multiple level 4 adventures

yeah...

oof.

There are fodder Toads and a playable Toad who's much stronger than other Toads. Same thing could be said about Yoshi's.

@Bobsican

No, the Toad profile is based on the playable character, who scales from High 4-C feats. And actually, Toad never used power stars.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Bobsican
No, the Toad profile is based on the playable character, who scales from High 4-C feats. And actually, Toad never used power stars.
Super Mario 3D World exists, and he collects them just like Mario, Luigi or Peach do.

Power Stars don't play a part in 3D World, Green stars were simply used for unlocking new levels. No one used them for power enhancements in that game.

Oh yeah, you´re right.

I haven´t played 3D World in a while...

What about Captain Toad, however? I mean, he could easily scale to him as he goes along with him sometimes.

Back