• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about SCP 682

The real cal howard said:
See? This is the interesting part of SCP. Not Mr. Can't Die.
There are other 'Mr. Cant Die' characters in SCP that are far more interesting. 1440 has a surprising amount of character development and supplementary lore for being such a sadly underused character.

Like, if 682 wasn't a thing, I promise you, definitely wouldn't be on the opponents list. Lore is interesting and if I skip over the nihilistic stuff (like death being a fate worse than death or the sun turning you into an And I Must Scream), most of the SCPs are interesting.

Can we shut this thread now?

People got to vent and argue so lets just not go in another circle and close the thread.

The real cal howard said:
Like, if 682 wasn't a thing, I promise you, definitely wouldn't be on the opponents list. Lore is interesting and if I skip over the nihilistic stuff (like death being a fate worse than death or the sun turning you into an And I Must Scream), most of the SCPs are interesting.
>Dislikes an entire verse because of one character

you could just ignore him you know

it's literally that easy

When Matt breathes

-Verses get upgraded.

When he sighs

-Verses get downgraded

When his heart beats

-Verse upgrades are denied.

When he blinks

-Verse downgrades are denied.

@Cal I dislike Navi therefore i dislike all of Legends of Zelda

It makes no sense to dislike a whole verse just because you find one character annoying

When he speaks, verses are deleted

Also cal if you don't like 682 you can just ignore 682. I don't like 682 much either, so I'll only really end up in 682 threads if I have an interest in the other character. Sometimes you won't like a character in a verse. No reason to let one of many ruin all of SCP for you, even if he does get a lot of exposure.

The reason people hate 682 is because of a phenomena called the Raigen Effect.

It's no different from me hating Devil May Cry when it used to be 3-A.

Also talking with Kep and the boys and there's no way 1-A will be accepted.

At most High 1-B Swann.

It really won't WeeklyBattles. You shouldn't try it if you want to retain a modicum of credibility regarding SCP.

But you have literally argued for Tier 0, Possibly Higher Swann in the past so I doubt it.

I've seen the 1-A quotes. None of them are anything that can't be done at Tier 2.

It's gotten so bad there's a whole group who want to downplay the hell out of the verse in response. Some want to delete it completely.

Neither side is right. Doubling down either way will only lead to problems.

>Tier 0, possibly higher

lol wat?

I havent shown you the 1-A quotes i found. I will argue for the verse to be portrayed at its proper level until the day i leave this wiki.

LightinAnt said:
I just don't like 682, the other SCP verse characters are actually really interesting and cool imo. But 682 was literally created for no other reason than to be overpowered
yeah I agree, 682 is basically the "My dad can beat your dad" argument from elementary school, but on steroids. I just lost all of my hope when I read that story where he was sent to the moon and a gazillion bombs dropped on him but he just turned into a ******* giant

Back