• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I didn't see the other thread, so I don't know. I just saw we were discussing in this thread to give it Transmutation or Summoning for the death effect.
It was in dispute, but considering Bambu is staff it really comes down to his opinion unless other staff disagree (I really hate how this site is set up to be so staff focused but oh well).

Wait so I just kinda realized that if Sigurns logs were written in the 1960s then wouldn't that make creatures like Coil-Heads (Who are man made and thus the ones that were made back then for some ancient war are the same ones now) effectively immortal? Or at the very least have longevity? Since they would have had to exist for a little over 500 years

Wait so I just kinda realized that if Sigurns logs were written in the 1960s then wouldn't that make creatures like Coil-Heads (Who are man made and thus the ones that were made back then for some ancient war are the same ones now) effectively immortal? Or at the very least have longevity? Since they would have had to exist for a little over 500 years
The individuals encountered hundreds of years ago aren't necessarily the exact same ones encountered today. They could be members of the same species that remain in the area, but distant relatives of the past ones.

The individuals encountered hundreds of years ago aren't necessarily the exact same ones encountered today. They could be members of the same species that remain in the area, but distant relatives of the past ones.
Unless the lifeforms are specifically stated to have eternal life or a long lifespan, we can't assume it. There are some with longevity though. Hygroderes can live for hundreds of thousands of years according to the bestiary, so they definitely qualify for Longevity. On the topic of the slimes, they should also have Enhanced Senses due to detecting heat and oxygen, Regeneration for "constantly replacing themselves", Absorption for converting objects to body mass, Poison resistance, and Small Size (Type 3) for individual cells.

Right but the thing is theyre robots how would they reproduce?

Right but the thing is theyre robots how would they reproduce?
Wherever they were produced could build more. Also I've seen the idea of robots capable of reproduction in fiction before, typically by the robots themselves making more of their group. This could apply well to Coil-heads since they make others become like them.

Unless the lifeforms are specifically stated to have eternal life or a long lifespan, we can't assume it. There are some with longevity though. Hygroderes can live for hundreds of thousands of years according to the bestiary, so they definitely qualify for Longevity. On the topic of the slimes, they should also have Enhanced Senses due to detecting heat and oxygen, Regeneration for "constantly replacing themselves", Absorption for converting objects to body mass, Poison resistance, and Small Size (Type 3) for individual cells.
I thought this list wasn't good enough so here's a more extensive list of powers and abilities.
Multiple Selves (Type 3: One Hygrodere entity is made up of millions of tiny eukaryotic lifeforms.)
Small Size (Type 3: The individual lifeforms in a Hygrodere are this small.)
Either Regeneration or Duplication (They are "constantly replacing themselves". The fandom wiki mentions the possibility of them splitting in two when injured, but I haven't seen any clips of this anywhere.)
Absorption (There is almost nothing organic they can't convert to more body mass.)
Longevity (Can live for hundreds of thousands of years.)
Enhanced Senses (Can detect heat and oxygen from far distances.)
Resistance to:
  • Poison Manipulation (Nothing has been found to poison them.)
  • Extreme Temperatures (Unaffected by steam leaks, and can survive on planets like Dine.)
  • Radiation Manipulation (Suffers no ill effects from increase in radiation when an Apparatus is taken.)
Weaknesses: They are unable to reach upwards, preventing them from hitting people on taller objects. Boomboxes can distract them.

I don't know if anyone has made a blog for the slimes yet.

Wherever they were produced could build more. Also I've seen the idea of robots capable of reproduction in fiction before, typically by the robots themselves making more of their group. This could apply well to Coil-heads since they make others become like them.
If that’s the case shouldn’t they have high intelligence?

Also that seems like a less likely scenario when the latter is just “the robots live awhile” which just makes more sense to me

Wouldn't his nerves being chilled just be straight up fear manipulation?
no, it's definitely Social Influencing. the sounds it made were horrifying (described as psychotic by Sigurd) and simply scared the ever-living shit out of him.

something that should be discussed, is if the monster, or the company itself should get memory manipulation due to Sigurd slowly forgetting everything besides working for the company.

no, it's definitely Social Influencing. the sounds it made were horrifying (described as psychotic by Sigurd) and simply scared the ever-living shit out of him.
Oh yeah I just read the thing I thought his mere presence somehow scared sigurn not that its just a noise
something that should be discussed, is if the monster, or the company itself should get memory manipulation due to Sigurd slowly forgetting everything besides working for the company.
Seems like thats more the company not the monster.

Speaking of the company they were actually able to capture Jeb right? So could that give them a Possibly rating for 5-B?

"According to some of Sigurd's logs (some of which are no longer obtainable as of Version 40), Sigurd heard crying behind the Company's wall and whenever he'd use his walkie talkie he'd hear screaming. One day, Sigurd heard a voice on his walkie talkie, telling him that the "Golden Planet" existed and that it was devoured by "the beast" and that they were being digested by it. One night, Sigurd had a dream involving Jeb breaking out of the wall."

You think this could be dream manipulation?

Speaking of the company they were actually able to capture Jeb right? So could that give them a Possibly rating for 5-B?
When you sell scrap, the monster has a rare chance to say the walls cannot hold it. its quite clear that the monster either runs the company, or is forcibly controlling it so it can continue to feed. it's not 'captured'. it's moreso has found a more efficient way to find food for itself.
"According to some of Sigurd's logs (some of which are no longer obtainable as of Version 40), Sigurd heard crying behind the Company's wall and whenever he'd use his walkie talkie he'd hear screaming. One day, Sigurd heard a voice on his walkie talkie, telling him that the "Golden Planet" existed and that it was devoured by "the beast" and that they were being digested by it. One night, Sigurd had a dream involving Jeb breaking out of the wall."

You think this could be dream manipulation?
I think thats just Sigurd being scared of the monster. a nightmare induced by the noises he heard in the company. however, we could 100% calc Jeb emerging from the building as it's confident it could do that if it wishes.

Someone could also calculate the power to consume a planet entirely made of gold. bet that'd be far higher than just Planet Level.

And i know, triple post, sorry, but what exactly should we name the monster's page? it has no official name, even 'The Company Monster' isn't official.

the only official name we have for it is a nickname (Jeb) and an in-game 'name' being "Incredible Terror"

So either the page would be called "Jeb (Lethal Company)" or "Incredible Terror (Lethal Company)" ((personally i prefer Incredible Terror, only because it sounds cool))

I think thats just Sigurd being scared of the monster. a nightmare induced by the noises he heard in the company. however, we could 100% calc Jeb emerging from the building as it's confident it could do that if it wishes.
Kinda what I thought
Someone could also calculate the power to consume a planet entirely made of gold. bet that'd be far higher than just Planet Level.
Unless I did something really wrong its significantly weaker than I thought
And i know, triple post, sorry, but what exactly should we name the monster's page? it has no official name, even 'The Company Monster' isn't official.

the only official name we have for it is a nickname (Jeb) and an in-game 'name' being "Incredible Terror"

So either the page would be called "Jeb (Lethal Company)" or "Incredible Terror (Lethal Company)" ((personally i prefer Incredible Terror, only because it sounds cool))
Incredible Terror goes hard but I think The Company Monster makes more sense It might require more discussion tho

When you sell scrap, the monster has a rare chance to say the walls cannot hold it. its quite clear that the monster either runs the company, or is forcibly controlling it so it can continue to feed. it's not 'captured'. it's moreso has found a more efficient way to find food for itself.
Do you have any clips of the monster saying that?

Super sucky but I just tested the fall damage and the player can no longer survive this fall. However they should downscale from Coil-Heads who can rip off heads (4800 Joules)

The only issue with the monster profile is that we don't know how it ate the planet. Was it in one bite or in 27 bites? Still impressive but that could range from tier 6 to tier 5

It also doesn't seem to be planet-sized given it's contained within the company building, that while huge, isn't planet-sized

The only issue with the monster profile is that we don't know how it ate the planet. Was it in one bite or in 27 bites? Still impressive but that could range from tier 6 to tier 5
It swallowed the planet in one bite. the inhabitants (supposedly the voice is one of them, as it specifically says they are in it's stomach) survived the monster eating the planet, which wouldn't have been the case if it ate the planet in multiple bites.
It also doesn't seem to be planet-sized given it's contained within the company building, that while huge, isn't planet-sized
It would need to be planet-sized to eat an entire planet in one bite. (which is implied) we don't know how big the company building truly is, it could go far deeper into the ground to hold the monster.

Isn't it kind of implied its kept weak by kinda underfeeding it? I mean if you go from eating planets to rubber ducky's im sure your bodies going to atrophy a little

Isn't it kind of implied its kept weak by kinda underfeeding it? I mean if you go from eating planets to rubber ducky's im sure your bodies going to atrophy a little
That makes a whole lot of sense. according to Sigurd's logs, they never got a replacement for Rich once he died. the monster likely goes long periods without food between crews due to the company needing to find new hires, where they'll begin feeding it again at low amounts, and it's hunger will rise with each time it's fed.

this is also supported by the fact the monster is hard-coded to be REALLY pissed off on the first quota. it's far more trigger-happy to kill you on first quota than it is after you get your second quota.

Also as for the intelligence of Jeb I think he should be below average just based on the fact that it can speak english

Also as for the intelligence of Jeb I think he should be below average just based on the fact that it can speak english
I don't think so. it unlocked intergalactic space travel before we humans could even get to the freakin moon. Gifted at the vey least, considering i doubt it was the one who directly built the spaceship.

I don't think so. it unlocked intergalactic space travel before we humans could even get to the freakin moon. Gifted at the vey least, considering i doubt it was the one who directly built the spaceship.
To be totally fair there isn't any evidence it unlocked space travel it might just be some eldritch horror thats existed since the beginning of time and just exists in space eating planets it whole life kinda like Galactus

To be totally fair there isn't any evidence it unlocked space travel it might just be some eldritch horror thats existed since the beginning of time and just exists in space eating planets it whole life kinda like Galactus
The crew from the 1960's already figured out the entire point of the company was to feed the monster, so it always had that ship for humans to find scrap and bring it back. it definitely set up everything like the ship considering the crew and monster are the only living things in the company, it wouldn't have anyone to do it for it.

The crew from the 1960's already figured out the entire point of the company was to feed the monster, so it always had that ship for humans to find scrap and bring it back. it definitely set up everything like the ship considering the crew and monster are the only living things in the company, it wouldn't have anyone to do it for it.
Yes but it was captured and put in the company building its not a symbiotic relationship the monster is being held prisoner and the whole point of the company is to keep it tame

Yes but it was captured and put in the company building its not a symbiotic relationship the monster is being held prisoner and the whole point of the company is to keep it tame
There isn't some righteous group of people holding the monster captive, there isn't a living soul besides the current crew and the monster. it's already admitted it can leave the building. The Company is The Monster's making.

The Company was set up due to a famine, as a poster on the ship implies reminding people to ration food (something you'd only have to remind someone to do if there was a lack of food). it has this entire company set up to have people mindlessly work to get the monster food, so it doesn't waste energy getting the little food it'd find for its size.

There isn't some righteous group of people holding the monster captive, there isn't a living soul besides the current crew and the monster. it's already admitted it can leave the building. The Company is The Monster's making.

The Company was set up due to a famine, as a poster on the ship implies reminding people to ration food (something you'd only do if there was a lack of food). it has this entire company set up to have people mindlessly work to get the monster food, so it doesn't waste energy getting the little food it'd find for its size.
Is that quoted somewhere? And if that’s the case why’s he yapping about “this wall cannot hold me”. And if the case is that he’s just got a ton of people working for him mindlessly then Jeb should probably have mind manipulation

Is that quoted somewhere?
The entire story of Sigurd tells the slow realization of that. there's no employees of this company (and never has been for over 500 years). it's always used the same 'fake voices' and such that it uses when you sell things to it for everything to recruiting and briefing. it's not like they say that directly, but thats the consensus of what Sigurd's crew found out.
And if that’s the case why’s he yapping about “this wall cannot hold me”.
I think that's a threat it makes to have employees work harder. 'if you don't get more, don't think this wall will stop me from getting your ass for failing' kind of thing.
And if the case is that he’s just got a ton of people working for him mindlessly then Jeb should probably have mind manipulation
It's through mental gymnastics and the memory shit it does. The high pay makes people tirelessly work for each paycheck, to the point Sigurd's crew dropped any sort of moral compass to continue to get scrap for it, being okay with abandoning crewmembers and leaving bodies of friends behind. with their memories slowly being deleted, working for the monster is the only thing they'd know.

The entire story of Sigurd tells the slow realization of that. there's no employees of this company (and never has been for over 500 years). it's always used the same 'fake voices' and such that it uses when you sell things to it for everything to recruiting and briefing.

I think that's a threat it makes to have employees work harder. 'if you don't get more, don't think this wall will stop me from getting your ass for failing' kind of thing.

It's through mental gymnastics and the memory shit it does. The high pay makes people tirelessly work for each paycheck, to the point Sigurd's crew dropped any sort of moral compass to continue to get scrap for it, being okay with abandoning crewmembers and leaving bodies of friends behind. with their memories slowly being deleted, working for the monster is the only thing they'd know.
That’s actually pretty cool then and is pretty good supporting justification for the Gifted intelligence being that good at manipulating people is fairly impressive.

That’s actually pretty cool then and is pretty good supporting justification for the Gifted intelligence being that good at manipulating people is fairly impressive.
Yeah. gifted intelligence with the reasoning of being able to make a coverup company to make people deliver it food during a famine, being able to use the company to manipulate employees into becoming heartless bastards that care about nothing but getting that thing food is pretty good.

Back