• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let me rate your favorite melodies #2

So considering staff decided to be hella cringe and delete the entirety of the biggest thread i've ever started, I believe it is high time that I made this a thing.

Rules are simple:
-you can send 3 melodies every 12 hours.
-you are allowed to send music as long as 6 minutes. You can send longer ones but i have the right to just not rate them or listen only to 6 minutes of them.
-playlists aren't allowed
-music compilations aren't allowed

ADDED RULES:
-no spotfiy, only youtube
-i'll be rating anything that i don't consider torture or a joke. I WILL rate meme songs if they're actually good.

I will rate them like this:

1. How pleasant it is to the ear (4 points)
2. How memorable it is (3 points)
3. How balanced it is (music complimenting vocals or musical instruments just generally balancing each other out) (2 points)
4. Personal opinion (1 point)

The ranks this time are:

10 - Legendary
9- Mythical
8- Grand
7- Great
6- Good
5- Mid
4- Sub-mid
3- Ear-smashing
2- Revolting
1- Agonizing

Last edited:

1. I'd say it's pleasant to the ear, there are no notable issues except for the fact that it kinda grinds your ears slightly with all the high notes, but overall generally good. 3.5 points
2. Not too memorable. It doesn't specifically stand out and while it'd be memorable with a specific moment, it isn't normally due to lack of repeating parts. They are present, but they somewhat mix in with the other melodic parts. 1.5 points.
3. I'd say while the guitar is obviously the main piece, the drums and bass really make the whole thing come together very well. Overall, i'd say a solid 2.
4. I liked it overall. 1 point.

Overall: 8 - Grand

1. Very pleasant to the ear, made me relax, made me enjoy the sounds throughout the entire thing. 4 points.
2. Sadly, not too memorable. It's certainly enjoyable but i'd say it's main memorable gimmicks like the side-noises and the calm tone are just not enough to make me remember this in a week or two after listening to more stuff. 1.5 points again.
3. Exceptionally balanced. nothing to say here, every little tingle, things you wouldn't hear with average headphones, all that jazz is absolutely stunning. Solid 2 from me.
4. I loved it, 1 point.

Overall: 8.5 - Grand+

1. Very pleasant to the ear, made me relax, made me enjoy the sounds throughout the entire thing. 4 points.
2. Sadly, not too memorable. It's certainly enjoyable but i'd say it's main memorable gimmicks like the side-noises and the calm tone are just not enough to make me remember this in a week or two after listening to more stuff. 1.5 points again.
3. Exceptionally balanced. nothing to say here, every little tingle, things you wouldn't hear with average headphones, all that jazz is absolutely stunning. Solid 2 from me.
4. I loved it, 1 point.

Thing is that's the first boss theme of the game lmfao

imma stop you right there, please read rules. I will only review one of the themes.
Lmfao okay

Stained Brutal Calamity is a full 4-part song

Roar loops in the video, so pick one lol

Lil Slugger is primarily electric guitar

1.It's very calm when it comes to instruments that tend to cause ear strain so it's overall pleasant, the voice too. 4 points.
2.I'd say the vocals add memorability but still, it doesn't have that hook, it doesn't have the catch that some of the most popular songs have. 2 points.
3.The instruments are overall balanced but i feel like the vocals are sometimes drowned out by the music. I get that there are lyrics, but i am reviewing the song, not the lyrics. Either way i think i'll just give it 2.
4. I liked it kinda, 1 point.

Overall: 9 - Mythical

1. Very pleasant on the ear, 4 points.
2. Not quite sure about memorability, but i'd say it's unique enough for it to be a 3 from me this time, the voice has the right repeating patterns and memorable themes which makes it very unique.
3. The voice is heard well and the instruments are balanced well. I think that's a solid 2 from me.
4. I liked it ig, 1 point.

Overall: 10 - Legendary

1. It's good on the ears as long as you don't put it on max level and overall it feels nice with the whistling and guitar. 4 points.
2. It is very unique. Idk how well i'll remember it, but it is very outstanding. 3 points
3. Instruments, voice, whistling...perfectly balanced. 2 points.
4. Super fun, truly enjoyed it. Solid 1 point lol.

Overall: 10 - Legendary

1. A feast for the ears. 4 points
2. I would've given this 3 points but i cannot count the clip in. Otherwise while some parts are memorable the voices can't just fully carry the song, and, as a person who has listened to sabaton on more than one occasion, it can just mix in with the others due to the similar guitar tunes ect. Overall, i'll have to give it a 2.5.....no, let's say 2.8
3. Balanced with 0 problems. 2 points.
4. Loved it. 1 point.

Overall: 9.8 - Mythical++++

1. Overall i'd say it's pleasant enough, 4 points.
2. Some parts are rather memorable and the vocals would've improved it...had i been capable of understanding anything. Either way the song is too bassless and too weak in some parts to be perfectly memorable. 2.
3. I think it was balanced well, the instruments played well and at the right moments, no problem here. 2 points.
4. ehhh kinda mid in my opinion. 0.5.

1. It's pleasant to the ear, though i will say the lack of bass in many places made the remix feel lackluster. I'd say it was a bit too boring. 3 points
2. Not very memorable tbh. It felt like eating bland soup. There's a bunch of parts of a theme and they are stringed together in a way that just isn't great. 1.5 points
3. There is balance but there are issues when it comes to some of the parts, specifically when the first and the second theme overlap, making a sort of cacophony. 1.5 points
4. Didn't like it, it was very lackluster compared to the real deal, idk what is so epic about this version. 0 points.

Overall: 6 - Good

1. The synth is a bit too loud compared to the rest of the melody so you have to listen to it on lower volumes so that it feel good. 3 points.
2. I'd say it's a bit too repetetive for my taste. There's a certain level of balance of repetetiveness, but when you're hearing the same loop over and over again, it gets a bit boring. 2 points.
3. Like i mentioned before the synth can be a bit too loud. 1.5 points.
4. Ehhh I guess i kinda liked it? 1 point.

Overall: 7.5 - Great+

I don't know what type of music you like so I can't really post anything.
the whole point is to post your own fave music bro it's in the damn title. My personal opinion only truly matters in the final point and I am very often non-judgemental there.

1. The guitar can be kinda ear grating at times. It's also a bit too loud overall while not sounding as great on lower volumes. 2 points
2. Ignoring the fact that it's a remix of an existing undertale theme, i'd say that it is not memorable at all for a remix but swell enough for a solitary music piece. I'd say 1.5 points.
3. I'd say the music is overall balanced with no real issues beyond the somewhat loud guitar but that falls under point 1. 2 points.
4. Can't say I like it, definitely will forget about it. 0 points

Overall: 5.5 - Mid+

Screenshot-2021-06-05-145819.jpg

SO THAT'S WHERE IT CAME FROM
HOW TF DID I NOT FIND IT BEFORE?
ahem

1. I'd say it's very pleasant to the ear. There is nothing bad here, there are no loud grating parts either. 4 points.
2. Ultra memorable nowadays. Still rings in my head every once in a while. 3 points. The chorus is fire combined with the singing
3. Somehow balanced, even though the voice that is silent is barely hearable and sometimes the words are eaten up by the overall chorus. 1.5 points.
4. I loved it. 1 point.

Overall: 9.5 - Mythical+

Was gonna post some meme song or something but I genuinely have no idea what to post so I'm just gonna post this

(If you don't have Spotify or something)

1. Very pleasant to the ear. 4 points
2. I can't say it's very memorable due to lack of some massive recognizable motif, but as a whole i'd say it's decent enough. 2 points
3. Balanced, but i have an issue with the fact that the instruments eat up the voice and you can't recognize the words sometimes...a lot of times. 1 point.
4. I liked it. 1 point.

Overall: 8 - Grand

Back