• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let me rate your favorite melody

Any music you like goes here. I will rate it with my honest and true opinion.

I will use a few pointers.
1. How pleasant it is to the ear (4 points)
2. How memorable it is (3 points)
3. How balanced it is (music complimenting vocals or musical instruments just generally balancing each other out) (2 points)
4. Personal opinion (1 point)

Now for the ratings:
0-abomination
1-dumpster fire
2-trash pile
3-garbage
4-spoiled
5-tolerable
6-ok
7-nice
8-great
9-amazing
10-heavenely

Edit: you are allowed to add 7 songs but you need a 30 min grace period between posting them.

Last edited:
Start with some pretty messed up melody, ratio rate it:

Reason why two song is because it connected each others (the latter is direct sequel)

Alright here we go.

First one.
-The melody is flawless, it is pleasant to the ear and and generally has no major issue.
4 points.
-When it comes to memorability, except for the lyrics themselves the song sounds a bit generic just like many j-pop songs that you may find. After listening to it and then the second one i basically forgot the melody of this one. I can give it a 1 here.
1 point.
-Musical balance is good and the melody complimented the lyrics.
2 points.
-Personally, not a big fan of suicide, but the music is alright so
0.5 points

Overall: 7.5 - Nice+

Now for the second one.
-It has a bit of trouble with the somewhat loud voice peaks which don't fit as great with the general flow. Still, it is a good and solid piece.
3 points.
-For memorability it suffers from a similar issue as the first song but this time it is better since thanks to those voice peaks and the general music synergy i can actually remember the music after a while.
2 points.
-Balance between sound and song is good.
2 points.
-I like it, it's good.
1 points

Overall: 8 - Great

Aight
-The song is amazing and truly pleasant... But it has those few moments that are just unexpected and just hurt your experience a bit. Sudden shifts from minor to major or from one tone to another. It's like a pleasant wave but suddenly it crashes through a small rock and changes course.
3.5 points
-it's memorable alright, real memorable.
3 points
-music fits the lyrics really damn well.
2 points
-I loved it,
1 point

Overall: 9.5 - Amazing+

Aight

-pleasant and charming. No problem here.
4 points.
-very memorable. I've heard it before and recognized it fast.
3 points.
-has some issues with balance as sometimes the sound drowns out the song a bit.
1.5 points.
-I liked it a lot.
1 point.

Aight
-Generally pleasant to the ear. I liked it.
4 points.
-has a bit of a memorability issue, that being the fact that it is simple and some parts of it sound like they just came from a random surfing scene. It's good, but not perfect and idk if I'll remember the general theme after a few hours.
2.5 points.
-Balance between the musical instruments has been kept up well, no problematic overlaying.
2 points.
I liked it, 1 point.

Oh goodness...

-Pleasant to the ear, high quality.
4 points.
-somewhat memorable since it has lyrics and an alright sound but doesn't have the hook that some other songs have.
2 points.
-Balanced, well made, good song.
2 points.
-I liked it
1 point.

Overall: You best believe that I'm Doing your mom, doing doing your mom (9/10 - Amazing)

-Relatively good and nice, pleasant to the ear.
4 points.
-not as memorable, though the violin helps out a lot and turns it from relatively generic metal to a better song.
1.5 points
-Balanced well, no issues here.
2 points.
-I am okay with it, not a big fan
0.5 points.

-Very pleasant to the ear.
4 points.
-Not memorable. Like it's pleasant but normally one would forget about it after a few other songs. It's generic and doesn't have enough depth to be memorable. It's riffs are memorable though so...
1 point.
-balanced instruments, good drums
2 points
-I liked it, 1 point.

-Pleasant to the ear, high quality.
4 points.
-somewhat memorable since it has lyrics and an alright sound but doesn't have the hook that some other songs have.
2 points.
-Balanced, well made, good song.
2 points.
-I liked it
1 point.

Overall: You best believe that I'm Doing your mom, doing doing your mom (9/10 - Amazing)

-Relatively good and nice, pleasant to the ear.
4 points.
-not as memorable, though the violin helps out a lot and turns it from relatively generic metal to a better song.
1.5 points
-Balanced well, no issues here.
2 points.
-I am okay with it, not a big fan
0.5 points.
You have no idea the L you’ve just handed me 😭

You have no idea the L you’ve just handed me 😭
84e13-16429766771492-1920.jpg

Aight

-Pleasant to the ear. No problem here.
4 points.
-Memorable, loud, high BPM, screams WOOOOO at you.
3 points. Solid.
-ngl instruments don't balance well with song. You just can't hear them. Like you hear the drums and the song but whatever is going on in the background is just indecipherable.
0 points.
-I liked it.
1 point.

No lyrics, but I still like it

And another one that's quite known:

-Good, pleasant to the ear, no issues here at all.
4 points.
-Boring. Not memorable and i basically forgot it's melody already. It's good... But it is just not special. No beat drop, no anything... Oof.
0 points.
-Generally balanced, no flaws.
2 points.
-Wasn't a fan, was just bored and waiting for it to end.
0 points.

Overall: 6 - Ok

2. That one i actually know.

-Very pleasant to the ear.
4 points.
-Memorable. Been listening to that for years now ever since i heard it for the first time.
3 points.
-good balance of instruments and sounds.
2 points.
-Love it.
1 point.

Overall: 10 - Heavenly

Gonna hit people with weird esoteric stuff

Aight
-Good sound, very pleasant
4 points
-Not really memorable as it is veru simple and not that melodic but it is somewhat outstanding.
1.5 points.
-Balanced song and sound.
2 points.
-I liked it
1 point

Overall: did that chick just say NFT? (8.5/10 - Great+)

-Nice and pleasant.
4 points.
-Like many Mario songs it is memorable but not to a grand extent.
2 points.
-The instruments are balanced out and pleasant.
2 points.
-I like it.
1 point.

Overall: gets hit with a red shell mid air (9/10 - Amazing)

Back