• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seriously, if Vortech's page only takes into account the universes mentioned within the game he originates from, but none of the other ones from other LEGO franchises, I really don't see why we should treat this guy differently.

I think that I might need to make sure, but Yeah, Vortech should be 2-A, since Unikitty is part of it

I'd give the Maelstron 2-C, possibly 2-A, since Ninjago is part of it, and LEGO dimensions confirms Ninjago is just part of the larger multiverse, so we could consider it a retcon

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Seriously, if Vortech's page only takes into account the universes mentioned within the game he originates from, but none of the other ones from other LEGO franchises, I really don't see why we should treat this guy differently.
Because Unikitty is the first LEGO Verse to go above 2-c, and now the page is locked

Yobobojojo said:
Because Unikitty is the first LEGO Verse to go above 2-c, and now the page is locked
Yeah, but even before Unikitty, there already were more than 30, but he was only listed as 30, because that's the amount in LEGO Dimensions; he's page is only counting the ones withing the game, not all of them in all of LEGO; why is this other one counting all of them, but Vortech isn't?

There already were more than 30 when it was made; if Vortech was supposed to be able to destroy every LEGO verse, and not only the ones in LEGO Dimensions, then why is the 30 even on his page to begin with?

Why the hell is Vortech listed as 30 then? Shouldn't his lowball already have been way higher from the start? His page straight up says "there are 30 ones that are known".

30 comes from the amount of different verses in LEGO Dimensions, which is potentially higher (if you know they didn't cancel LEGO Dimensions)

DC, LOTR, LEGO Movie, Oz, Portal, BTTF, Dr. Who, Ninjago, The Simpsons, Scooby Doo, Chima, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters, MW Arcade, Adventure Time, Harry Potter, A-Team, Sonic, Ghostbusters 2016, E.T, Mission Impossible, Fantastic Beasts, Gremlins, TTG, Goonies, Knight Rider, LEGO City Undercover, Beetlejuice, PPG, and LEGO Batman Movie.

I disagree with 2-A Vortech tho.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
30 comes from the amount of different verses in LEGO Dimensions, which is potentially higher (if you know they didn't cancel LEGO Dimensions)
Then why are people saying that we should include every verse ever made by LEGO on it?

Yobobojojo said:
We aren't. We're talking about Maelstrom
Yeah, and to this day, nobody gave me a reason as to why Maelstorm should be treated differently from Vortech in any way, even through I've already asked this multiple times.

"At least 2-C, likely 2-A" (Was capable of affecting the entire LEGO multiverse, which should include unikitty, and Doctor Fox stated the multiverse is infinite)

No, I really don't see the what the problem is in explaining why you think a character should be on a certain tier, even if he doesn't have a profile.

Vortech's profile doesn't include every verse ever made by LEGO, only the ones from his own game, so if you think Maelstrom should be treated differently, and include every verse ever made by LEGO, and not only the ones from his own game, then just explain why; I really don't see what's so difficult here.

We only have a few 1-A verses, and most of them are either nearly 100 years of compiled storylines, or a power fantasy

Another type of media that it is easy to make OP are toys and board games, because when people buy the toy, they mostly worry about the toy itself, and the description of the character comes in second place, so you can just writte whatever overpowered shit you want in the box, and nobody will mind.

Eldritch horror is easy as well, since it is heavily related with higher dimensional beings and creatures that make our planet look insignificant, so it's already expected that stuff like that will appear sooner or later.

Science-fiction is another one that is easy to make OP, since you can just put a bunch of non-sense that sounds smart, and the word "dimension" ends up appearing wuite a lot, because it sounds cool.

One thing that prevents writers from making the characters too powerful is that, if you exaggerate too much, it ends up getting way too ridiculous to be taken seriously, and the person watching just flips the table and gives up (Suggsverse, anyone?); that's why it's common to see OP characters with vague statemtns, or OP characters coming from franchises that aren't heavily focuses on plot, or that aren't serious to begin with.

Back