• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This match interested me because of the fact that Sceptile is immune to lightning, but is a dragon and Laxus is a Dragon Slayer. Speed equalized. Mega Sceptile. Post 1st Timeskip.

Sceptilemega
LaxusRender

Sceptile via stat amp, precog, and life drain. Not to mention the absorbed lightning actually makes it stronger. Laxus would likely try a few lightning based attacks before realising Sceptile's immunity, rather than using one lightning attack and completely changing his strategy.

Hasn't Laxus demonstrated considerable melee combat abilities before? Also, I'd assume he has it, but there's the Fairy Law argument? He may also have some edge via his pseudo-flight even if he has to turn into Lightning against a Lightningrod user to do so.

Also, excluding Overgrow -which isn't its ability as Mega Sceptile; Lightning Rod is, hence the electricity immunity in the first place; But this may be a non-issue if Sceptile also has its non-mega abilities here also- & the Sp. Atk boost from Lightning Rod Sceptile doesn't have much statistics amplification of note here.

Admittedly, getting your Grass moves' power amped when in danger is great, as is the boost to AP for many of its attacks from Lightning Rod.

But Agility & Unburden don't matter that much, since, if my memory serves, speed changing doesn't work in Speed Equalized matches. Correct me if I'm wrong. Screech is sound-based, which Laxus may be able to dodge, & Leer may be of questionable utility.

Still, what AP boosts Sceptile does have give it an edge, & it'll be hard for Laxus to fight it, even in close combat, without his electricity. The life draining & Detect could also certainly help it last longer.

Other than Fairy Law, possible tactical use of Thought Projection magic, pseudo-flight, MAYBE the intangibility via Lightning Body, & POSSIBLY an edge in melee combat, I'm doubtful Laxus can handle Mega Sceptile.

This is a stomp thread. Everything Laxus can do against Sceptile won't work because of his lightning immunity. The only thing Laxus has is "Red Lightning", which, while being most likely his strongest move, he cannot spam.

Back