• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to VS Battles Wikia. We don't owe you anything. The character you like will lose sometimes. And that is 100% okay.

The fact that you have the inability to convince people means the character is unlikely to win.

And yes. Title fallacy is a thing. But you're using Strawman lol. Most people are saying his intelligence is what grants him victory, not the fact that he is considered a great detective. The fact that he is a great detective is a skill that will practically guarantee him the win. Please stop bringing up redundant points if you don't have anything constructive to say. Please stop being disrespectful in place of actual arguments. You have been going in circles for literal hours now.

Provide an argument or please, please, just stop.

Because we disagree.

As a side note, the memes are more to keep me from attempting to get as close to actively screaming out of anger through text because my god some people just absolutely ignore everything and boy oh boy nothing is more rage inducing than that.

Anyway, this is the last time I'll try to explain, so I'll try to make this as clear as possible:

• Light does not use any of his hax in character, so Fate and Probability hax are meaningless here.
  • Light's deaths are not random, they follow a pattern of only killing criminals, which is more than enough for L to track him down, and even if Light realises that and change the pattern, L will realise tht he changed it, which will only give him another clue.
  • Mind controling the police wouldn't help at all; the police has nothing that could lead him to L's name or face, and L already doesn't trust them to begin with.
  • If Light tries to use his dad to get information from the police, L will simply notice that, and find out that Kira is somewhat linked to the police, bringing him even closer to capturing Light.
  • The people of the world being in favor of Kira makes no difference; Yagami had a bunch of followers, but got tracked down anyway.
  • L has experience dealing with criminals who try to hide, and has solved cases involving people much smarter than Turner.
  • Light has above average intelligence when it comes to academics, such as math, but this does not mean he is a good strategist, which gives L, who is a genius, a massive intelligence advatague, which is very important, since this will mostly be a battle of wits, as impliyed by the OP.
So stop saying that we're not bringing up any arguments, because I'm not going to repeat everything again.

Disregarding all arguments because you have no rebuttal.

Must be desperate.

If you have a legitimate counter, I am happy to hear it.

Since this thread has become a lot more toxic than expected and i dont want to repeat how Titles are literally a non argument and that Intelligence does not counter hax i will post ny four conclusions.

1.-All votes based on any of the two fallacies above should express on greater detail why they believe L would win and HOW, unless they should be ignored.

2.-I find it funny how you three ignore the fact that the police cannot be trusted with Netflix Death Note, as any of them can be turned into a mind slave in any moment, and that the netflix DN can cause collateral damage and probability manipulation

3.-Light is able to outrun L without issue in case of a direct confrontation in the middle of central park, as ststed by the SBA and ignoring the fact the Kira followers in Netflix DN are willing to hurt or even Kill L for their god.

4.-Light doesnt have a god complex like Yagami and kils in various methods all around the globe. Ignoring this fact i flat out wankery.

I will put the result of the thread in revision regardless if the winner is L or Light if the votes for L are not clarified.

Hax doesn't mean anything if it cannot be used or is not used in character.

No votes are based on fallacies. You just refuse to acknowledge them. The result of the thread is what it comes down to when the grace period ends. If you can actually come up with an argument other than "intelligence doesn't mean anything" to convince people, then yes, maybe you can convince people and keep it from ending and turn it around.

If you cannot do that, the match will end, and Turner will lose based on the vote.

I get that people don't like the death note netflix adaptation....but the downplay against Light and especially the overplay in favor L is crazy.

Light has a pattern of killing criminals....so L's going to find him....

How does that make sense?

The only reason L knew that Kira was a person and not some supernatural phenomenon was because of the Lind L. Taylor situation....From what we know about Light Turner, he wouldn't kill Lind L. Taylor in that situation.

In addition, there's the fact that Turner's killings are way more random than Light's and have no correlation other than the fact that they are all criminals, and I find it very hard to believe that L could find Turner via that alone (He doesn't have the intelligence feats)

Having said all that...I don't think Light would have a reason to track down L because I don't think L could track down Light...So I vote inconclusive (Unless we want to make it so that Light would want to track down L)

1. L focuses on patterns. Or, more accurately, it gives him a significant lead.

2. He doesn't need to know it is a supernatural scenario, he just needs to find the killer through some means (which is not unlikely) and detain/kill him.

3. yes. More random does not mean untrackable, I have no idea where that idea comes from. It just means sloppier.

4. Okay. Another vote for Incon.

YungManzi said:
I will say that if Mia is with Light, it would put the battle more in L's favor for me.
If she was with him during this fight it would become a stomp, Mia isn't as dumb as Turner, she will exploit the DN to kill L

Mia is not dumber than Light. Not in the ways that matter, at least. Speaking as the person on here who actually didn't mind the Netflix movie (not as good but as a stand alone it was not bad), Mia was the only character that could have carried out Light's mission. Light is smart academically but not strategically.

Mia would have a far better chance here. I doubt she'd decipher L's name, but still. Maybe in another thread, eh?

For now, L vs Light remains. No outside help and whatnot.

YungManzi said:
I get that people don't like the death note netflix adaptation....but the downplay against Light and especially the overplay in favor L is crazy.
Just asking but hoe are we downplaying Turner and overplaying L?

One of the major plot twists at the end of the movie delt with Light tricking Mia.

Also, I mentioned that I would be more in favor of L if Misa were here because she would make it a lot easier for L to track Kira down.....not simply because Light is smarter (Even though he is).

Yes, I remember. That wasn't really a matter of intelligence though. Been awhile but wasn't it mostly some piece of semantics over the rules of the book?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Anyway, this is the last time I'll try to explain, so I'll try to make this as clear as possible:
  • Light does not use any of his hax in character, so Fate and Probability hax are meaningless here.
  • Light's deaths are not random, they follow a pattern of only killing criminals, which is more than enough for L to track him down, and even if Light realises that and change the pattern, L will realise tht he changed it, which will only give him another clue.
  • Mind controling the police wouldn't help at all; the police has nothing that could lead him to L's name or face, and L already doesn't trust them to begin with.
  • If Light tries to use his dad to get information from the police, L will simply notice that, and find out that Kira is somewhat linked to the police, bringing him even closer to capturing Light.
  • The people of the world being in favor of Kira makes no difference; Yagami had a bunch of followers, but got tracked down anyway.
  • L has experience dealing with criminals who try to hide, and has solved cases involving people much smarter than Turner.
  • Light has above average intelligence when it comes to academics, such as math, but this does not mean he is a good strategist, which gives L, who is a genius, a massive intelligence advatague, which is very important, since this will mostly be a battle of wits, as impliyed by the OP.
So stop saying that we're not bringing up any arguments, because I'm not going to repeat everything again.

>Does not use ANY of his hax in character

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I knew it. I knew you were lying thru your teeth.

He mind haxed Watari, medical staff, American Mafiosos, probability manipulated the last death note page into a dumpster fire, made the american mafiosos write in japanese to give messages with information they didnt have.

You are 100% full of it.

And im asking this to be revised as soon you add it.

Asuka.

The character you like lost.

I want you to chill out, kay? Seriously. We try to keep threads civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back