• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyoshi Island Recalc Updates/Tier Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calculation seems good from what I can see, but I'm not sure if it got accepted yet. If it was and staff agree to add it, then I have no problem helping out

Yes. Unalaq's High 7-A rating should also be changed due to matching Korra in the avatar state and eventually defeating her.
Unalaq defeated her due to hax (basically seperating Raava from Korra). Also, considering Wan stomped Vaatu when he turned into the Avatar state, all of them would scale above Raava and Vaatu on their own (Even child Aang. Nothing actually says his Avatar state powers became stronger as an adult)

Unalaq defeated her due to hax (basically seperating Raava from Korra). Also, considering Wan stomped Vaatu when he turned into the Avatar state, all of them would scale above Raava and Vaatu on their own (Even child Aang. Nothing actually says his Avatar state powers became stronger as an adult)
I mean, the reason why Unalaq is rated High 7-A right now in the dark avatar key is because he matched Korra in raw power. Not changing it would upset the precedence that has already been set on the site.

Okay so now that that’s settled the Low 6-B update would only apply to the Avatars who have the Avatar State power.

Calculation seems good from what I can see, but I'm not sure if it got accepted yet. If it was and staff agree to add it, then I have no problem helping out
Ant gave the go-ahead to add it, Gilad.
I only gave a go-ahead because I thought that the calculation in question has been accepted by our calc group members as preferable to the old one.

Yeah, Pyschomaster said that it would work and prefers the method/calc for this one and Jasonith said it’s good to go.

So

Base form = whatever the base form can go
Avatar Kyoshi and Avatar state post-Kyoshi and Unalaq Dark Avatar = Low 6-B
Fused with Vaatu or Raava = At least Low 6-B with likely 6-A Environmental Destruction

I see the changes good to go.

Now, do we need (or have we had) an explanation for
1. Pre-Kyoshi Avatar state standing
2. We only have Unalaq as Dark Avatar state user right? And it is Vaatu matching Wan plus Raava right?

So

Fused with Vaatu or Raava = At least Low 6-B with likely 6-A Environmental Destruction

2. We only have Unalaq as Dark Avatar state user right? And it is Vaatu matching Wan plus Raava right?
I don’t even think we have a profile for any Avatar’s pre Kyoshi so would it matter? Just looked and yeah Kyoshi is as far has the wiki went back in regards to the multiple incarnations of the Avatar.

So

1. Yeah, as Mystic said we don't have any profiles for the Avatars that came before Kyoshi, such as Yangchen or Wan.
2. Unalaq is the only person who ever fused with Vaatu, yes.

Well, if they ever are created, then the power of their avatar states shouldn't be all that different. As Roku says, the AS gives you the knowledge and skills of all the previous avatars; he doesn't mention power.

Well, if they ever are created, then the power of their avatar states shouldn't be all that different. As Roku says, the AS gives you the knowledge and skills of all the previous avatars; he doesn't mention power.
Well he does also say the past Avatars “focus their energy” into the Avatars body which in the contexts of Avatar (or just using the definition) means power/strength or something that can be used for a power boost or to make someone more powerful like this for example. Energy is a term constantly used to reference power and it’s used that way throughout the series. And it’s even stated in Avatar Extras (if that means something to you). It’s fair to say that back during ATLA the past lives did give power, but it was ultimately retconned in TLOK in exchange for Raava as the source of their power as she’s revealed to be the Avatar Spirit.

Last edited:
All Avatars should be comparable to each other (and we see Korra being able to fight Vaatu and overpower him just like Wan did 10,000 years before her)

The power of the Avatar state comes from Raava, rather than the human that she reincarnate into, so the power should be the same for all of them
Yes, since only Unalaq merged with Vaatu. Given that Vaatu and Raava are equal (and fighting on an endless cycle each 10,000 years), the Dark Avatar state should be equal to the regular Avatar state

Pretty sure the power up in the Avatar State is from Raava and not a combination of all previous Avatars.

Meaning they are all comparable while in their Avatar State.

Pretty sure the power up in the Avatar State is from Raava and not a combination of all previous Avatars.

Meaning they are all comparable while in their Avatar State.
Oh another calc member. Are you fine with the recalc and the update for the Avatars? (Will you comment on the blog).

Also yes, back during ATLA the Avatar State was powered through the energies of the past lives meaning that each Avatar would’ve gotten stronger than the last. But it was retconned to Raavas energy in TLOK who they all house. So they should be relative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back