• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krillin vs Tien Royale

During Dragonball, we meet Kuririn, Goku's best friend, and Tenshinhan, one of his main rivals. During DBZ, humans were often left aside, but the question on who was the strongest human was often debated by fans of the series.

Rounds are during the Android/Cell Saga, during the Buu Saga and as a Bonus/Fun Round, them at their current state (Peak).

Tien: 3

Krillin: 2

Inconclusive: 1

Bumpage: 16!!!

Krillin vs boros
Turtle Style.

Tien 2
Crane Style.

Yes and no. There are two statements, but considering feats and results, Tien has always been superior. So they kinda block each other. Think of it like this: Spider-Man is mentioned to be stronger than Venom. Venom constantly beats Spider-Man and is superior, but forever Spider-Man has the statements by his side, so I dont really take them as fact.

Other than that, I dont think Krillin has feats to compare. But I cant vote so yeah.

Well, this isn't my opinion, even if it doesnt seem 100% impossible in my yes, but Tien could be considered stronger than Freeza at his 100% before DBS due to Ki Attack Multipliers and Tien being able to destroy/reflect Buutenk's serious attack (Buutenks mentions going serious before attempting to kill Mystic Gohan during the last 10mins of Gotenks' fusion) and denting Cell while pushing him back, something that should be above Star Level and this would reflect back to his power.

I really dont know where to place the humans anymore after changing opinions many times over the course of the last year, one of the purposes of this thread.

Tien was almost an equal to imperfect cell and comparable to semi perfect cell as well. Tien>Imperfect cell>>android 17>> Trunks(android saga)>>Frieza.

Indeed, but I meant his base power, not Kikoho. Kikoho is nearly above Semi Perfect Cell due to causing damage to him (since attacks with times that of the victim's power dont kill them somehow). Acc, if you wish, we can create a Tien Revision, you and I, William. How bout it? (also someone really needs to revise DBS power levels. Frost being SSG level makes no sense due to him struggling against Piccolo, who never trained, achieved and even in later states didnt yet reach the levels of SSG).

Couldn't care less about DB scailing. Also, SSG's powers from battle with Beerus is now base Goku and his SSG form is now considered a "new" type or form of SSG. I am not gonna comment further.

I understand, I may do those alone then. I could counteragument ya, but I wont, since you wont comment any further anyways. Debates need two opinions so all can learn, after all.

Anyways, pretty sure that counts as a vote to Tien.

I'm not gonna try and figure out who is over all stronger cause of how they are shown I can't tell so I'm gonna say their around the same.

So it now comes down to techniques.

Tien possesses the Solar Flare (so does Krillin and Krillin has Solar Flare ×100), Multi Form (which is good but they cut his power and Krillin possesses that move scatter move). Tien also has the ability to reflect or negate Krillin's Kamahamaha and I think his other blasts as well but I can remember an Tien can read Krillin's attacks with his Third Eye. Lastly Tien possesses the Neo Tri-Beam which is capable of holding back stronger foes but it takes his life force.

I pretty much said the moves Krillin has so the only thing to say is the Destructo Disc which can effect people much stronger then him, like Tien's Neo Tri-Beam.

So I come to the conclusion both are Skilled Fighters and around the same but Krillin has the Destructo Disc, it doesn't take as much energy as the Neo Tri-Beam and Krillin can control them and fire of multiple ones at a time. Though this doesn't mean Tien will fall easily since he could use his clones to take the hit.

Im gonna vote for Krillin right now but only 5.5 out of 10. It's a very close match to me.

Sorry that I can't talk about each round that much because I don't know their exact power given the story doesn't do too much with them. I guess Krillin would have my vote for the Saiyan Saga, Nemekian (obviously, given Tien's lack of screen time), Cell Saga (might be a draw tho) but I'll give Tien the Buu Saga because I think Krillin stop training. For DBS I'd say Krillin (because more time of course and Tien lost to Roshi who admitted Krillin was stronger then him).

Krillin should take this. The Keinzan would be able to kill Tien very easily, and they should be on par in speed and strength. Krillin would know to dodge if Tien was going to use the Neo Tri-Beam, while Tien would have to be on the lookout to make sure he doesn't get hit by any of the blasts from the Scatter Kamehameha. Overall, it would come down to technique, and Krillin edges out.

While Krillin can win through Taioken into Kienzan, but lets not forget that Tien was the one who invented the technique and that the Scatter Kamehameha takes quite the time to charge. Neo Tri-Beam does nothing to Tien individually (nothing visible at least) and seems to be quicker on the draw than Kienzan.

And while Krillin does seem to hold the edge on technique and improvisation, Tien is also quite the skilled fighter (ex.: Tenkaichi Budokai) and has an attack as destructive as the Kienzan (Kienzan's greatest feat is being able to harm beings such as Nappa and Second Form Freeza while Krillin was incredibly weaker than both, but Tien did the same to beings far stronger than both that are Buutenks and Imperfect Cell). Also, let's not forget Kienzan never actually worked on an opponent in the past (Nappa only got his cheek cut, Freeza lost his tail (which he regenerated later somehow), Buu didnt care for being cut in half, in filler Kienzan didnt even affect Cell, was dodged by Goten and Trunks while they struggled to fight on top of each other).

As for DBS, I dont think Krillin being above Roshi makes sense (Pure ABC logic, but Roshi beat Tien, Pre-Training Gohan beat Krillin and Tien got wrecked (but not as much, somehow) by post-training Gohan).

Once again, both are valid votes, but lets keep the debate going.

DBS scaling is way outta wack, you shouldn't really count on it.

Eh, its not THAT wacky once you go through every statement and bs that it pulls. You can have a certain idea of the hierarchy and the battles kinda add to it and judge it. But the DBS part is mostly to see the different opinions, Im not taking the strictly DBS voting into account.

3248494-i-dont-always-bump-threads-but-when-i-do-i-use-memes
Relevant.
On all seriousness, this is a Versus Thread and not a Fun and Games Board thread, so lets keep maintain the focus on the match....

Tien stomps cuse I want to.

During Buu Saga its somehow even worse. I mean, during Buu's last 10 mins of Gotenks fusion, he mentions that he will go serious and kill Gohan since he is done playing. He lifts his arm and shoots a ki blast at him, and when Gohan's last words were "Damn you!" without dodging and desperately trying to block, Tien saves him using Shin Kikoho. Heck, Buu even calls Tien a "Legendary Warrior that has fallen to his power as well".

So mind you, Tien could deflect/obliterate a Ki Attack meant for someone far stronger than SSJ3 Goku and SSJ3 Gotenks while Krillin had stopped training and only trained again during the last 10 days of Peace before the World Tournament and Buu being awakened.

If you're gonna vote for Tien during the Cell Saga and go with feats other than statements, there is no reason to vote against him during Buu Saga, really.

Eh, no problem. Its just that DB Super is the "Bonus" round here. Not really taking it much into account. Better add that into the main post, acc.

BUMP IT TO THE LIMIT, BUMP ALONG THE RAZOR`S EDGE BUT DONT BUMP DOWN, JUST KEEP YOUR BUMP, OR YOU`LL BE FINISHED.

BUMPLING USED TO BUMP ON THE DOCKS. NOW BUMPING'S BEEN ON STRIKE, HE'S DOWN ON HIS BUMPS ITS BUMP.... SO BUMP...

Well Tien has his Neo Tri-Beam which has able to greatly damage and hold Semi-Perfect Cell for a while.

Krillin would die from such an attack.

As for the Bonus round I still think Tien would win since there is no indication he cant use Tri-Beam.

DEJA BUMP, I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS THREAD BEFORE, HIGHER ON THE BUMP, AND YOU KNOW IT'S MY TIME TO BUMP IT. BUMPING YOU AND THE BUMP IS A MYSTERY, BUMPING ON MY FEET, ITS SO HARD WHEN I WANT ANYONE TO WIN....

Android and Cell saga - Krillin had a huge advantage in raw stats simply because he created a large gap between him and Tien when he got his potential unlocked by Guru. He also has an advantage via his Kienzan. Raw stats aside, Tien would still hold an advantage with his Tri-beam(which deals more damage than his other attacks) and tenacity. Inconclusive.

Buu Saga -
We don't have enough knowledge on them to draw a reasonable conclusion. We only know that Tien continued his training while Krillin stopped altogether (however it should be noted that it is likely that Krillin's durability increased because, to quote deathbattle "he survived love-making with Lazuli"). We don't know if Tien surpassed him in raw stats so the conclusion would likely remain the same as previous. Inconclusive.

Current -
Both seem to be around the same level. Tien was doing better than Krillin back in the RoF arc, but things have changed as Krillin gained another boost before ToP. Since there doesn't seem to be that much of a gap in raw stats, maybe Tien can win via his Tri-beam, or maybe Krillin can win via his Taiyoken x100. Inconclusive.

I think if they were in-character, Tien would win everytime as he is more tenacious and Krillin scares and loses his nerves easily. But that can also be counted as CIS. So overall, INCONCLUSIVE.

Nice to see people come around here and vote after a while. That gives me hope this one day will be concluded.

Back