• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Yhwach 2

It doesn't change anything because Kratos doesn't have a wincon

He has nothing to put Yhwach down, like, even if you want to give Kratos infinite soul potency and whatever, Yhwach can regenerate from soul destruction.
Now that I think about it, If the speed was unequal some things would be a little different. Yhwach has all types of absorption. I think Kratos resists all types except biological. How does he biologically absorb? Does he have to make physical contact to do that? I mean fighting a guy who has infinite speed would Really make this difficult, if not impossible. You do have the whole precog thing going on, but considering that you guys basically had half a thread worth of debates about it, I don't know how to tackle that.

Also, how long does Yhwach's soul Regen take? Does he just regenerate his soul instantly?

Not saying it's off the table tho. But honestly, it smells more like incon. Kratos can't permanently kill him due to his Regen. If Yhwach has to make contact, he can't absorb Kratos, therefore he's Not able to Kill Kratos either.

Doesn't matter, I'll probably have this closed and find another opponent for both characters

Now that I think about it, If the speed was unequal some things would be a little different. Yhwach has all types of absorption. I think Kratos resists all types except biological. How does he biologically absorb? Does he have to make physical contact to do that? I mean fighting a guy who has infinite speed would Really make this difficult, if not impossible. You do have the whole precog thing going on, but considering that you guys basically had half a thread worth of debates about it, I don't know how to tackle that.

Also, how long does Yhwach's soul Regen take? Does he just regenerate his soul instantly?

Not saying it's off the table tho. But honestly, it smells more like incon. Kratos can't permanently kill him due to his Regen. If Yhwach has to make contact, he can't absorb Kratos, therefore he's Not able to Kill Kratos either.

Doesn't matter, I'll probably have this closed and find another opponent for both characters
contact, but using his fate hax he can basically touch him on the future and bring the future to the present making it so that he does not need to touch him on the present

the regen is instant at most a few seconds long

also Yhwach has abilities that basically does not allow a character to touch him

Norse Kratos only resists energy absorption iirc

Greek resists both power and energy absorption, the power absorption is due to The Power of Hope as it says on his profile, but Norse doesn't have that.

Yhwach absorbs on contact

Regen is virtually instant

Unfortunately, for an incon to be valid both sides must actually be able to defeat the other or at least, a lengthy debate must be had over the conclusion, which wouldn't be the case if you unequalized speed, the conclusion would be that Yhwach can't hit Kratos and Kratos can't defeat Yhwach.

To absorb Kratos himself yes, though his power absorption doesn't require contact.
Since I can't think of any decent opponents for either of these guys, what if I just use Greek Kratos? I Know there's already a thread on it, but this time there seems to more people knowledgeable on both characters, and apparently it's closer

Since I can't think of any decent opponents for either of these guys, what if I just use Greek Kratos? I Know there's already a thread on it, but this time there seems to more people knowledgeable on both characters, and apparently it's closer
I didn't know this until today, but Greek Kratos has Abstract Existence Type 1, so no, that wouldn't work.

i am really sure he is manipulating all the souls in the underworld simultaneously due to existence of Hades arms and all mortals who died will go to underworld.

Also soul potency possibly can be applied to blade of chaos. Due to power of soul of hades in GoW Ascension.
Hades Arms?

Back