• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Nihilus

The standing there thing would either instantly turn him into Nihilus' servant, soul suck him, or do both.

The Everlasting said:
The standing there thing would either instantly turn him into Nihilus' servant, soul suck him, or do both.
Latter won't work

First does however

Kratos can take his soul back before it even leaves his body, he has several feats of this during his battle against Hades.

Also, Kratos can resist and tank Zeus's fear manip which was literally Zeus empowered by the very concept. I don't know if Nihilus has the feats to mindscrew.

Fear and mind control are different things.

Also let's not jump straight to concept with this.

I'm not lying with the concept things, since all of the negative and positive concepts were created by the Primordials in their battle, passed around again in the battle against the Titans and locked away in Pandora's Box.

Fear Zeus is Zeus + the concept of fear, and PoH Kratos is Kratos + concept of hope. And Zeus was killing himself when he tried to punch Kratos or mindscrew.

@Azzy

And yet it's not in her power set.

@Kep

Is that really how it works though? Though I remember way too little about GoW to say.

The Everlasting said:
Nihilus stands there.
Alternatively, Nihilus talks.
This. There is absolutely nothing on the God of War universe that can stand up to Nihilus' sheer power and hax.

Pulled the cutscene.

Athena says fear, greed, and hate were created when the Gods clashed against the Titans, which infected Zeus's reign. As a result, Zeus commanded Hephaestus to build Pandora's Box to lock away all of those things so they could not affect mankind.

In the same cutscene, Athena says Kratos released all of these things to Zeus's reign again. She then realizes near the end of the game that Zeus was taken over by the very concept of fear from Pandora's Box, with Fear Zeus being basically Zeus with this power.

Except this is obviously false as the Titans and even the Primordials were motivated by things such as these. The Primordials warred, Gaia took revenge on Uranus, Cronos became paranoid and ate his sons, and Rhea lived in fear of him.

Yes. That part, the Gods and the Titans's clash creating them, was retconned by Ascension. Everything else is true, though.

>Spoken to death.

We just got to the point this is legit.

Bro, you proved the Titans creating the concepts wasn't true. Not Zeus sealing them inside the box, which is literally said by both Athena and Zeus.

If it wasn't true, GOW III would make no sense, since it relies on this specific bit of lore to tie it all together.

Also, I have to point out someone forgot to put Mind Manip on Nihilus's profile...

EDIT: Nevermind. His Telepathy apparently makes up for it.

Also going to sleep right now, so I'll see how this all turned d out tomorrow.

Nobody replied, so.

If Nihilus's mindscrew gets around Kratos's resistance, the Ghost of Sparta is done. But otherwise, Kratos will just keep resurrecting if he dies and use time-stop.

I still have trouble interpreting what Fear Zeus did.

Kratos retreats to his mindscape after dying, and after he acquires the PoH and resurrects, Zeus can no longer do anything to him at all. So I don't know if it'd be just fear manip or mind manip.

he kills his soul rip.

Him resisting soul rip from Hades is irrelevant to the fact that had Hades consumed his soul, he would be dead for good. And this isn't soul consumption, it is soul destruction.

Kratos has an extra soul, remember?

EDIT: Probably still loses as long as he doesn't die.

Back