• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but raw power doesent affect such things, much like you cant say that someone can lolnope mindscrew cuz hes too stong, unless there is a litiral universal scale between them, that is

Kratos's resistance is easily 20x what Madara has shown, as per his profile, assuming the Elemental Nations's population is 7 billion. Since it obviously isn't, and is likely closer to the low billions at best, it would be more like 60x.

You can easily say that yes Petrification works on anybody without resistance but unless they has shown the ability to harm characters much more powerful than them you cannot just assume it will work.

Not how it works. Petrificaton ignores dura.

Kratos can also increase his speed by several times with the Boots of Hermes.

So yes, Madara touching him is almost impossible, and if he touches him, the resurrection takes care of it.

@Risci

He still isn't getting hit. That omnidirectional blast will be slow to Kratos. He has plenty of time to prepare his defensive abilities or just make a crater in the ground to hide.

Kratos can easily get out of the AOE in time.

Madara has no way of incapping. TSB is a kill. Chakra chains are resisted. Kratos's regen covers almost anything else.

and if he starts running away from aoe madara gets time to prepare.

how does ressurection work tho ? like, where does hes body go, how long does it take and such

Wouldn't work. Amulet of Uroborus can deconstruct objects.

His body will reappear in the vinicity. Lore-wise, it is five minutes at most.

It time-manipulates them, separating and aging them completely. Here is its reconstruction in effect. Deconstruction would be similar.

Also, since this fight is bloodlusted, I haven't even mentioned stuff like Scourge of Erinys and casual Time-Travel, which null a lot of what Madara can do.

how does time travel work , cuz if its plain time travel it would make this a stomp

as of now i see madara usin shinra tensei right away due to bloodlust, kratos possibly dieing by not knowing its power and getting oneshot.

even if he went for the dodge, it would give enough time for madara to spam wood and limbo clones out, as well as susanoo

He can teleport himself to the past and the future.

As of now, I'm writing another wall of text to explain Kratos's advantages and counter ThePerpetual's points.

Kepekley23 said:
So I guess Madara's Izanagi is restricted to compensate.
one allows the character to ne sell pretty much all enemie abilities and simply lol nope everything they have, the other can be used twice and would negate most of hes abilities, mmake him unable to predict movement and make him unable to use the susanoo, and its ressurection, so i would understad if i asked to restrict ressurection, not time travel

Uhhh arguing with the guy who's responsible for the majority of the Naruto stats isn't very wise. Anyway we should wait for him to post his debunk argument instead of taking his focus off it.

Part 1:

@ThePerpetual

A lot of the logic upon which Kratos's win is predicated seems to be that he would absorb large chunks of Madara's AP and Dura over time... I do not see this as being the case. Unless this power draining effect is explicitly percentage based or some such in some way, I can't see it draining that much more than his max AP per hit, at most... which is what, 40+ Petatons per hit via scaling from Atlas? (Probably closer to 60 or so, given how far Zeus/Power of Hope are above Atlas, but oh well)

1. Since it is implied in the novels Atlas is capable of holding up the world with a single hand should he have to, and he has 4 of them, he is actually in the hundreds of petatons range.

Plus, Helios's death storm is pretty far into the High 6-A range given how quickly it covered the world.

2. The AP draining effect is described in the God of War I novel twice. A single slice of the Blades of Chaos drained all the strength and lifeforce of a merchant, and Kratos was contemplating slaying all the slaves in a ship to gain their strength and energy for himself.

3. Given how much Kratos abuses his blades, a single hit draining even 60 petatons would mean 600 petatons in a combo, and so on. Within a minute, Madara will have tens of exatons of energy, which is actually a lot.

If that's what he leads with, then yeah, he might start chipping away at that difference fairly quickly I guess, but with Madara's... 3.8 Zettatons or so, that's not at all as drastic as you seem to say. What are the mechanics behind this power-steal, anyways, out of curiosity?

1. It is significant enough to affect the course of the fight. Madara will be losing several exatons a minute, and they will be going to Kratos's own AP, allowing him to deal more damage.

2. I've already explained the mechanics behind it above.

At any rate, Standard Battle Assumptions in play, they start 4 kilometers apart, right? And within line of sight presumably? The moment Kratos makes any motions, Madara's pre-cog will pick up on them, since it would at least initially require some brief amount of acceleration- even if he is much slower, Madara would still be able to at least react to it, in much the same way that a human can react to a fast, but far away, vehicle.

Said vehicle would be approaching him constantly, eventually getting close enough to him to put the blitz into motion. Kratos is fifteen times faster, and if he geets within even 10m of Madara, it will be a blitz.

Not to mention the Boots of Hermes, which are specifically built for travel speed. They are so fast Hermes could run up a mountain range and fill several cups of wine before Poseidon, a god with far faster combat speed than him, could even finish a sentence. So they confirmedly have the travel speed to overwhelm Madara.

This means Kratos has the ability to close the distance with his travel speed alone.

If Kratos does lead with Blades of Exile, Madara will not only know where he's swinging, but he'll be able to throw out several Limbo clones to intercept (on top of immediately thereafter using Susano'o to just Barrier himself in from all directions.)

Madara will know where he's swinging, but his body won't be fast enough to react to it, since Kratos will have closed the distance by then.

Kratos has... not put himself in a good situation at this point. He's definitely faster than any of his opponenets, but there's at least six of them, all right next to him since he would have pulled himself adjacent or Madara to him after the attack, and after his next few actions its very possible that Madara's next move would be dropping more summons to stack the pressure. On top of all of this, the Infinite Tsukiyomi is constantly trying to mess with him in the background- I understand that Kratos's mind hax resistance is pretty crazy, but it is also worth noting that IT mind-haxxed an entire planet full of people, including a sizable contingent specifically trained to counter exceptional genjutsus, without any real hassle at all. I have a hard time believing that Kratos wouldn't be at least mildly phazed/slowed down by this...

Infinite Tsukoyomi is way more of a super-illusion, and only a limited mind manipulation. Kratos's resistance is far better than anything it has affected, so no, it is not happening.

So, Kratos's next few moves at this point are crucial, because unlike Madara he doesn't have the advantage of being able to one-shot with whatever attack he happens to choose from his gigantic pool (many of which have such stupidly massive area-of-effect that Kratos might not be able to wholly dodge even with his immense speed.) So, what are his options...?

Madara's AP advantage will not last more than half an hour with how many hits Kratos will be landing on him, so that isn't a long-term advantage. Even if Madara's hits kill him, he will resurrect on-spot, since 99% of them will be normal attacks.

Also, as far as I remember, there are only a few useful attacks in Madara's arsenal with stupidly massive AOE, with two of 'em being Shinra Tensei and Bansho Tenin. Only Shinra Tensei can actually kill Kratos, and using Bansho Tenin is pretty much suicide in Madara's part. It will allow Kratos to go to melee range.

There's also Wood Release, but it isn't fast enough to tag Kratos.

> Block/swat away a Limbo clone. This is an awful idea, as the raw force behind it compared to Kratos would shatter his arm, possibly stagger him briefly, and as a consequence of these two things very possibly get him merced before he has a chance to reposition/recover/what have you.

The Power of Hope ensures Kratos can regenerate from a thing like a broken arm. Plus, Kratos will have stolen quite a lot of AP by the time that happens. I don't doubt the Golden Fleece just bounces it back.

> > Throw out some AoE energy attack. With the immense AP difference, this fails to do more than singe Madara's coat, but let's say for the sake of argument that he threw out his Poseidon's Rage, which evidently can atomize people it hits. I am... very skeptical of this being some kind of molecular hax, as the description of it mentions nothing of the sort. To use an example of what I'm getting at-

First of all, don't use the God of War wiki as an argument. They constantly post fan theories on their articles and pass them off as facts.

Second, Poseidon's Rage has indeed affected opponents above Kratos's class before. The very first time he used it is an example of this; on the fight against the Hydra, he used it and exploded the Hydra's head to bits. This was before Poseidon's Rage got better, since it gets stronger with every use. His best use of it was to atomize these guys.

Plus, I have already acknowledged Madara's ability to initially shrug it off. He won't be able to do that after Kratos has sucked most of his lifeforce off, though.

> Time Manipulate via the Amulet of Uroboros. It's questionable whether or not it'd be able to pierce Susano'o I think, but assuming it does Madara full well might not dodge it even with the extra distance he's got, and would probably be his best bet for regaining his old speed advantage.

Due to Madara's lack of resistance to it, it would be able to affect Susanoo, yes. That makes the situation WAY worse, since the Amulet of Uroborus has shown the ability to deconstruct things. All of Madara's ninjutsu, like Wood Release, will suffer a lot.

> > Wail away at Susano'o... not working. At most, he might snatch a bit of AP/Dura.

Madara's Susano'o isn't going to take much stress, due to it only coming into effect after a lot of his AP has been sucked out.

Plus, Susano'o isn't really going to counter more than his AP-based haxes.

> > GTFOing out of there before Madara does something crazy. Kratos generally behaves like a berserker out for blood rather than developing complex strategies, this doesn't seem in-character.

This is Power of Hope Kratos. He won't remotely do that. Plus, this is a misconception about Kratos that annoys me a lot in general. I'll make a blog about it later.

> > Using Petrify. Again, assuming Madara doesn't react to it with Precog. following by Izanagi-cheat death, and its not blocked by the gigantic Susano'o chakra wall between him and Kratos, this'd definitely be his best bet, as Madara lacks Transmutation Resist iirc. However, this also seems out-of-character, as Kratos enjoys killing his foes in spectacularly brutal fashions if it can be chosen over anything else. Plus- correct me if I'm wrong- don't most GoW bosses resist Petrify? He'd probably assume the same holds here, against this "ultra-boss", as it were- and not bother trying, I would imagine.

It's actually a hundred percent in character for Kratos to petrify. In the novels, he abused it against almost everyone he met, followed by Zeus's lightning bolts. It's safe to say he'd use it here.

And yes, he'd use it against Madara. No reason for him not to. Plus, this is a bloodlusted fight.

> And if he's dodging all five attackers in the middle of all of this, still, and the Truth-Seeking Orbs that have just been passively flying out this whole time deleting everything they touch (a little NLF-baity, I know, but it definitely ought to work on beings weaker than him), then Madara's next attack would be... not one of his strongest things, certainly, but probably either Wood Dragon or Great Fire Destruction. The AoE on both skills being as massive as they are, and the danmaku hell Madara's set up at this point, make it a good deal more likely than not that Kratos is getting clipped by something or other, and with the AP difference even getting clipped once is likely the end of it on its ow.

Kratos's speed advantage allows him to dodge most attacks rather nicely. Due to the Boots of Hermes, it will be hard for literally anything Madara dishes out to hit him. He is several dozen times faster, and will see the attacks in slow motion.

If he gets hit once, Resurrection kicks in, allowing him to come back.

The first listed power of the Sharingan is it's ability to perceive the flow of Chakra- both spiritual energy (i.e. souls/psyche) and physical energy, and what binds the two together. He would definitely be able to see that Kratos's spirit is beginning to resurrect itself

When has he ever done this in the verse?

proceed to Human Path/Naraka Path to incapacitate for at least long enough to count as a victory, or Preta Path and disperse his chakra that way (preventing the spiritual/physical energies from properly reconnecting with one another).

None of which will work, due to Kratos's resistance to it, as you said yourself:

1. Preta Path doesn't do that. It absorbs chakra from the opponents, and it is mostly used for defense, since it nulls ninjutsus. Never once has it shown the feats to nullify resurrection.

2. Kratos can retrieve his soul, as per his profile.

> Even if Madara can't stop him from coming back forever via Power of conceptual Hope-et cetera, he certainly can long enough to call it a win and go run off to somewhere else.

Not really. As I said above, Madara doesn't have anything that allows him to incap.

> .S.: I'm pretty sure saying that the Blade of Olympus would just eat Susano'o on contact is also NLF, since it's based on similar logic to the Blades of Exile thing.

It's not actually a NLF, because Madara doesn't have resistance to Power Absorption and Lifefrce Absorption.

Anyway, due to the Amulet of Uroborus, Medusa's Gaze, Blades of Exile, Hermes's Boots and Claws of Hades, Madara is going down.

I was writing up another post, but I lost it.

Madara gets tired of all this scratch damage and being unable to put him down for good, so he uses a Limbo clone to throw Kratos into space.

I defy you to say otherwise.

Yes, I'm only doing this to spite Kep ovo

The Kratos Mewtwo fought last time isn't even a tenth of Kratos after I got my hands on him, ovo.

But seriously, if Kratos can fight Bayo and actually be the favorite as of now (I will bump that thread with another gigantic wall of text soon), he can at least put up a fight and go down with dignity against Mewtwo.

Make the thread. I actually think it can be 50/50 if we're talking bloodlusted. But really, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo would be the strongest 5-B Kratos can edge out a 5/10 against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back