• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never played a GOW game but I saw these while looking at the profile for the Neron vs Kratos thread.

Resistance to Energy Absorption (Can resist the Siren's song, which can drain his magic)

Why does he have resistance to something because he was affected by their energy drain?

Status Effect Inducement (Able to resist and block out Helios' light, which can stun its foes[82])

Is Helios' stun something like this? (making enemies unable to move an inch) or just "staggered"

The first scan looks like a decent feat, but is there more context for the second one? I am asking because performing an action instinctively in response to seeing danger is something normal humans can do, but the Instinctive Action page describes it as a "power", implying you'd need to have instinctive actions on a superhuman level to have this ability.

And what does Greek and Norse Mythology mean? Does he get isekaid into a different universe with a different pantheon during the games, and are they the same person?

I'll let more knowledgeable supporters answer the questions about the P&A, but for this:
And what does Greek and Norse Mythology mean? Does he get isekaid into a different universe with a different pantheon during the games, and are they the same person?
They are the same person, but Kratos lost many of his supernatural magical powers and abilities from the Greek realms while gaining new ones during his time in the Norse realms

Why does he have resistance to something because he was affected by their energy drain?
game mechanics

"staggered"
works like a flash bang, a large amount of candelas entering your body can cause severe stun.

The first scan looks like a decent feat, but is there more context for the second one? I am asking because performing an action instinctively in response to seeing danger is something normal humans can do, but the Instinctive Action page describes it as a "power", implying you'd need to have instinctive actions on a superhuman level to have this ability.
The first scan is used to show instinctive combat, other is used to show dodging feats. There are multiple examples littered through the materials but they are spread all over the self, we thought 2-3 scans of different types will be enough. Obviously, a single scan in a vacuum wouldn't alone work.

Was gonna answer this question but Gilver and Marvel_FUTURE got to it first.

Yeah, they pretty much stated what I was going to say.

@Planck69 @Theglassman12 Y'all got anything else to add?

game mechanics

works like a flash bang, a large amount of candelas entering your body can cause severe stun.

The first scan is used to show instinctive combat, other is used to show dodging feats. There are multiple examples littered through the materials but they are spread all over the self, we thought 2-3 scans of different types will be enough. Obviously, a single scan in a vacuum wouldn't alone work.
Ok, thanks for answering. I'm assuming you said its a game mechanic because Kratos in a cutscene/novel resisted the siren's song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back