• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos profile merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
From what I'm seeing, GoW 4 is canon and all to the rest of the series, this combined with how the GoW 4 profile is quite small, I wonder why the profile isn't merged with the main one, the amount of content in both profiles combined wouldn't even make the profile more messy than what it already is, it also would make navigation easier and avoid redundancy overall.

For instance:
Kratos isn't even in the top 200 longest profiles
The GoW4 Kratos profile, in comparison, isn't in the top 6000 longest profiles
29,577 bytes + 6,599 bytes wouldn't make the page that longer really (36,176 bytes), and that's assuming the redundant stuff isn't removed to make the merging cleaner, and the amount of bytes afterwards would still be smaller than the Nasuverse page (36,207 bytes)

Last edited:
The point was that GoW4 Kratos has basically none of the abilities of the previous versions and is for all intents and purposes a different charcter altogether, hece why a seperate profil was made

The point was that GoW4 Kratos has basically none of the abilities of the previous versions and is for all intents and purposes a different charcter altogether, hece why a seperate profil was made
I mean, that happens to plenty of game characters and we don't make an entirely separate profile for them.
Plus I'm pretty sure GoW4 Kratos still inherits several past powers later on.

For the first one Mario, Samus, Sora, etc... It's a common game trope to do this to let newcomers adapt to whatever goes early on without being overwhelmed, this being justified plot wise isn't something that always happens, however, but in any case, as said before, having the profiles separate seems quite out of standard in this case.
For the second one, oh, in that case nevermind on that aspect, although I'm sure that they can be recollected as the plot progresses, I'm not a GoW guy, but I think that they can still be listed if they really eventually become part of his equipment once more, assuming they aren't already.

Last edited:
Admittedly, the Greek Pantheon Kratos has too many keys with each respective key being crammed up; three tiers per key. And it was one of the first to have stuff like that. Squeezing an extra key would succeed in making the profile even more messy. I think it's better overall to keep it separate to keep things cleaner. And Weekly's right that he lost a lot of powers and having the key at the end of the profile is prone to making people assume compositing in Vs threads even if we clarify that he lost those powers.

Imo, Greek Kratos profile is overwhelming to begin with due to all the keys; the franchise got a soft reboot so it is plausible for people to be searching exclusively for Norse Kratos. The large difference in arsenal and personality are a plus.
There is Part 1 Naruto, Part 2 Naruto, and Adult Naruto in different profiles. So this should be in line with precedent.

I would have been in favour of merging them but after reading the comments on here, it makes sense to keep them separate.

Not to mention we also have the new GoW game coming up (whenever that's showing again) and who knows what else is there if the Norse Pantheon side of GoW gains a trilogy out of this, which would add even more keys to the Kratos profile if you think about it.

Given the mention of Naruto...yeah...

Last edited:
Admittedly, the Greek Pantheon Kratos has too many keys with each respective key being crammed up; three tiers per key. And it was one of the first to have stuff like that. Squeezing an extra key would succeed in making the profile even more messy. I think it's better overall to keep it separate to keep things cleaner. And Weekly's right that he lost a lot of powers and having the key at the end of the profile is prone to making people assume compositing in Vs threads even if we clarify that he lost those powers.
Well, the versus thread issue is already covered in the Versus Thread Rules, in fact, this is why I could remove that kind of note from Sora's profile once I organized the profile to be pretty specific per game in terms of content.
As for the keys, everything is already mixed in, to remain consistent it would be best to just add the GoW4 key to the main profile as well.

Imo, Greek Kratos profile is overwhelming to begin with due to all the keys; the franchise got a soft reboot so it is plausible for people to be searching exclusively for Norse Kratos. The large difference in arsenal and personality are a plus.
There is Part 1 Naruto, Part 2 Naruto, and Adult Naruto in different profiles. So this should be in line with precedent.
Sorry for the double post, but as for this, well, it's different on Naruto's case as there's a ton of keys that depend specifically on scaling for many other characters from what I'm aware, so to keep scaling quite clear per era it does the job well, but in this case it doesn't as not that many rely on the GoW4 era to scale, and it doesn't help that it's just a single key for that one, at that point it would be better just staying as another key on the main profile.

Also, I went ahead and did a draft over how this would look like... huh, just as expected, I would like if the result looked like this. Kratos already has 8 keys, a single more really doesn't make that much of a difference in aestetic, I have to admit that inheriting stuff from past keys should be done more, but as I'm not into the series I'm not the best at evaluating what gets in and what doesn't.

This is a bit off-topic, but I wonder from where the "possibly far higher" part at the last key before the GoW4 one comes from, just being pretty casual/high on that tier doesn't mean that should be around, unless there's some reasoning to potentially scale him to an higher tier.

Last edited:
Hard disagree on merging the pages. The mythos and the soft reboot of the whole thing, on top of how vastly different Kratos is from the Norse games would justify him having a different page. Comparing Kratos to Samus or Sora is ignoring the fact that those two do not have a complete reboot of their entire series from the ground up as opposed to god of war

The God of War profiles current placements are questionable in general, but now's not a good time to tackle that.

Hard disagree on merging the pages. The mythos and the soft reboot of the whole thing, on top of how vastly different Kratos is from the Norse games would justify him having a different page. Comparing Kratos to Samus or Sora is ignoring the fact that those two do not have a complete reboot of their entire series from the ground up as opposed to god of war
So you're saying that GoW4 stuff isn't canon to the rest? If not, then it being a reboot is quite irrelevant if there's not that much content to make it worthy of separation in the first place if you ask me.

I never said it’s not canon to the rest, stop putting words into my mouth. I said it’s basically a soft reboot with a Kratos that isn’t the same as the previous kratos. It’s the equivalent of modern and classic Sonic, they’re different enough to warrant their own profiles.

Oh, I was just asking, thanks for the clarification.
In that case I guess this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back