• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (2018) vs Simon Belmont

Kratosvs
"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been. Who I was is not who you will be. We must be better."

SimonBelmontvs
"I will show you the might of House Belmont"

Rules: Both Combatants at 4-A
Speed is Equalized

Who wins?

Kratos (2018): 0

Simon Belmont: 3- Stillwinston, Jackythejack, Violetvoid

Inconclusive: 0

This one is a pretty good one.

Honestly, this is quite tricky. Simon can Stop Watch and go for the kill but I don't think he's getting past Kratos' 3 layers of immortality.

Zeldasmash said:
This one is a pretty good one.
Honestly, this is quite tricky. Simon can Stop Watch and go for the kill but I don't think he's getting past Kratos' 3 layers of immortality.
So should I take that as a vote for the Dad of Boy?

• Was gonna do Kratos vs Leon Belmont but been ninjda. XD*
Well Kratos can't answer time manip, but he can likely survive Simon's Soul Manip assuming he has any kind of resistence like he did in the Greek era (Based off his profile I'm not sure). Though Simon negates Regen up to Dracula's level. Kratos does have type 4 Immortality though.....

I guess I'd lean on Simon taking this if Kratos can't res in time (Not really seen much of the game so I'm not 100% sure)

LolStillwinston said:
*Was gonna do Kratos vs Leon Belmont but been ninjda. XD*
Well Kratos can't answer time manip, but he can likely survive Simon's Soul Manip assuming he has any kind of resistence like he did in the Greek era (Based off his profile I'm not sure). Though Simon negates Regen up to Dracula's level. Kratos does have type 4 Immortality though.....

I guess I'd lean on Simon taking this if Kratos can't res in time (Not really seen much of the game so I'm not 100% sure)
Lol that's hilarious. Orginally I wanted to put Trevor here since he's my favorite Belmont but the site for some reason didn't find any pictures of him so did Simon instead. Anyway you can always change your mind if you find out more so I'll count this as a vote for Kratos.

It's applied via a magic stopwatch, lasts for about a few seconds like Jotaro or Dio's. In retrospect I'm gonna change my vote to Simon, Kratos can't really answer it and sure Simon has a finite amount of hearts to power it probably there is nothing stopping him from spamming it.

Mhm fair enough, though Time stop > Time slow in my mind but since Simon doesn't resist Time Manip it can allow Kratos to get some hits in. Doesn't Time slow wear off or have a cooldown on it?

Currently I'm torn between the two based on several factors, but I'll try and do a rundown on each to explain my reasoning:

Kratos: Definitely has experience on his side, as he's nearly four times Simon's age and has been fighting for most of his life (I'm pretty sure Simon did very little when it came to fighting between Castlevania 1 and 2, but I could be wrong). In addition, I'm sure Kratos' Spartan training is far better than whatever Simon did. I don't know how the pure numbers for AP stack against each other, but I have a feeling Kratos edges out Simon.

Simon: Simon's hax and arsenal are WAY more than what Kratos has access to. The main problem with Kratos' resistances in his 2018 form is that a lot of them are attributed to specific items and armors, so we can't assume he has access to all of them at the same time. Simon's time-stop ability will allow him to take the edge here, but I don't know if it'll be enough to destroy Kratos quickly, just because of his ridiculous stamina and willpower.

One thing I wonder is shouldn't Kratos have the same resistances as his past self, at least the ones that didn't require godhood or specific items? Because if I remember correctly, Kratos resisted having his soul ripped from his body by Hades in GoW3 by himself, so that could give him resistance to Simon's Soul Manip.

Back