• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (2018) Innate Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratos in the 2018 game should still have his innate resistances from the previous installments. His 2018 profile is extremely barebones for a character that had a good amount of hax throughout all of the previous games. His resistances should be on his 2018 page as well, considering it is still the exact same character and all of the events in the previous games are still 100% canon.

*Note: No, this is not a proposal to merge both profiles, nor will kratos retain any hax that is directly connected to any weapons/items he no longer has. Just labeling things he has already resisted in the past on the norse profile.

Agree....people take the word 'soft reboot' way to literally...its only a reboot in gameplay sense when it went from spectacle fighter to souls like mechanics...
Storywise its the same Kratos....one just doesn't lose his/her resistances which are now part of one's physiology....

Kratos should get all his resistances and any inherent ability tied to his physiology...

There was a thread like this a while back but it went nowhere because the guy who offered to "check" all of Kratos' resistances never bothered to show up again.

Anywho, I'll say this as I did in that last one. Unless there is some valid reason as to why Kratos doesn't have his old resistances from the Greek World, he should still have them with his Norse page self.

Obviously, the ones done through items or whatever shouldn't since that's specific with it but those he naturally resisted on his own should be on there as there's no reason he would just not have them anymore now.

There was a thread like this a while back but it went nowhere because the guy who offered to "check" all of Kratos' resistances never bothered to show up again.
This. I remembered there was a thread about this exact topic that was pushed through, yet the profile was never edited?

Alright, So I went through kratos' profile and gathered up all his innate resistances. They are as follows:
Fire Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Time Stop, Petrification, Electricity Manipulation, Transmutation, Soul Manipulation, Power Nullification, Mind Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Absorption, Corruption (Type 2), Possibly Clairvoyance, Fear Manipulation and Possession, Limited Resistance to Sleep Manipulation
I would like to also bring forth the fact that the ONLY resistance Norse Myth kratos has is resistance to Poisons, which is asinine.
With all of this structured together, we could just label it as "Resistant to the following scaling from his Greek counterpart:"

*Note- Specifically for resistance to fate manipulation, besides the obvious with the fates in the greek pantheon, kratos has shown he is still actively resisting/above fate in the norse pantheon as well. He considered fate as a concept to be nothing but a "lie told by the gods", and mimir stated that "the prophecies didn't take kratos into account" as he was changing the prophecy of Ragnarok with his mere presence in the norse realm.

Last edited:
I also agree with this

Never understood why people didn't allowed Kratos to have his natural innate abilities and resistances from his Greek version, is still the same character storywise, which means he was the same physiology as his greek version on his Norse version.

Last edited:
Agree as well.

And the same should be apply to any abilities that aren't related to the weapons from previous games.

Like Non-Physical Interaction.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. These are things that by default kratos should already have, because he's done these things before.... Not giving Norse Kratos these abilities/resistances is basically saying he never had them in the first place.

I agree.
So we can either refer to the Greek profile (all the resistances he previously had intrinsically), or copy the resistances in the Greek profile into the Norse profile.

Below is all the resistances from the Greek profile minus a small handful that are done through items:
Resistant to the Following: Fire Manipulation (Is unfazed by the burning fire of Hades from a monster out for his head), Poison Manipulation and Acid Manipulation (Can overpower the effects of the manticore's acidic poison), Age Manipulation (Can overpower the effects of the Amulet of Ouroboros, which can decay those that get hit by the spell), Time Stop (Overpowered the abilities of the Amulet of Uroborus several times in his fight against Castor & Pollux, which was also confirmed by the developers), Petrification (Can break out of gorgon petrification), Electricity Manipulation (Can power through the Siren's electric shriek), Transmutation, Soul Manipulation, and Power Nullification (Is capable of fighting off the effects of the Hands of Hades, which can transmutate people into lost souls, and strip others of their powers), Illusion Creation, Perception Manipulation and Reality Warping (Can resist the illusions of the Furies with the Eyes of truth, which is stated to warp the victim's senses and even distort the area around them), Mind Manipulation (Resisted Persephone trying to persuade him into letting the gods die), Sound Manipulation (Can power through one of the Morpheus monster's shrieks), Death Manipulation (Resisted the effects of the River Styx, which can slay any being who drinks from it) Limited Resistance to Sleep Manipulation (Was the only person in the world not to be immediately affected by Morpheus seizing power. However, with prolonged exposure to the fog, he eventually succumbed), Power Nullification, Memory Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (Should be able to resist the power of the Lethe River, which can erase a person's memory from existence), Fate Manipulation (The Sisters of Fate, who determine the destinies of the Gods and Titans, were unable to use their powers to actually force Kratos to lose, resulting in Kratos killing them instead), Madness Manipulation (Can resist the song of a Siren, which can drive one mad with its voice), Absorption (Can resist the Siren's song, can drain his magic), Corruption (type 2; is unfazed by the trial gates, which can corrupt anyone who touches it into being a monster), Possibly Clairvoyance (The Judges of Hades were unable to judge Kratos through his heart, and they’re stated to be able to do just that), Fear Manipulation and Possession (Easily resisted and ignored the effects of Fear Zeus, who was possessed by the very evil of Fear from Pandora's Box and was using it to possess Kratos with Fear before he gained Hope), Power Nullification or Absorption (Even after Kratos killed himself with the Blade of Olympus and released Hope to the world, he was still brought back to life by Hope. Also able to resist Fear Zeus's abilities)

As for abilities that don't require items, there is just Absorption (Can drain the life force and magic energies of opponents on contact with them),, and Advanced Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Fear Zeus).
Very doubtful about the latter, as he only beats up Fear Zeus with the Power of Hope.

Fate resistance should also stay....he did actively resist Fates from buggling up his fate....so he has that innate quality within him...so no matter what he should able to resist it no matter what different entities manipulate it next unless it is more potent like HigherD or somthing else....after all we give characters who are able to resist any haxxes the ability to resist haxxes from others as long as it is not relatively more potent...
Besides Obi explained reasons why he already resists it via hints in Norse game...

I agree.
So we can either refer to the Greek profile (all the resistances he previously had intrinsically), or copy the resistances in the Greek profile into the Norse profile.

Below is all the resistances from the Greek profile minus a small handful that are done through items:

As for abilities that don't require items, there is just Absorption (Can drain the life force and magic energies of opponents on contact with them),, and Advanced Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Fear Zeus).
Very doubtful about the latter, as he only beats up Fear Zeus with the Power of Hope.
Doesn't Kratos still have a small portion of Hope inside him even after he sacrificed it??

Anything regarding the PoH key would not translate to the Norse Profile for kratos. He gave up hope to humanity at the end of 3, and that was that. No little fraction of hope that he would still have left would grant him the abilities he had at the end of 3. As for what would carry over, everything I posted above would be it.
Along with things like Non-Physical Interaction as Stefano said.

Last edited:
I think "Limited Resistance to Sleep Manipulation" should be moved to the end. People might mistakenly think that all the resistances that follow afterwards are limited.

Kratos did keep a small portion of the PoH as stated in an interview with Cory Barlog. I agree with this tho. Kratos also needs his speed updated.

I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere in either 3 or 2018 that he has a small portion of the PoH in him as well. Agree with the resistance stuff of course.

I agree
I also think he should have Non-Physical Interaction if he doesn't already since even his depowered self in Chains of Olympus can physically shred spirits

I'm also not seeing anything for Life-Force Absorption despite the fact that his Blades of Chaos are able to do this as established in the novels and theres no reason to say they don't still have it

Regarding his speed, do you have anything specific in mind?
There is some Infinite speed scaling based on Interviews and in-game descriptions. Such as the Underworld and other areas being described as "Infinite" in the guides and Hermès' light being able to light up the Underworld. I'd have to dig it all up, since it has been a sec since I've touched GoW scaling.

Additionally, you could get him to Immeasurable since he does get physical amps from the World Tree that transcends everything space and time and among other things in each of its strands. This is essentially what gave Persona Immeasurable speed by scaling off of Archetypes.

Infinite could be considered a high ball, and was removed due to no one really wanting to debate it honestly. Immeasurable is a big no no. It literally breaks the plot for the game.

Infinite could be considered a high ball, and was removed due to no one really wanting to debate it honestly. Immeasurable is a big no no. It literally breaks the plot for the game.
Wouldn't consider it a high-ball given all the statements. But how so for that latter bit? We already know the devs have to make some concessions on Kratos' ability for the sake of the plot/gameplay.

Already talked about this to Obi before, but I agree with this. Never really got why Norse Kratos didn’t have those resistances to begin with.

At a certain point it goes beyond simply having a "high-end interpretation" of Kratos's strength and speed, because saying Kratos is so fast he can bend time with his sheer speed is completely destroying the logic presented by the game

I mean, what logic is presented that contradicts that if you don't mind me asking? Been awhile since I played any of the games, so maybe my memory is hazy.

Cause what would be the point of the bridge that is a MAJOR plot point in the newest game? Kratos could just "run" to the next realm, which clearly he can not do, nor can he run through time. I don't believe kratos is on-par in sheer speed with the flash when he is running through time.

Immeasurable speed Kratos makes literally no sense with any feat in the series, at least not in the sense of "fast enough to literally move through time with his physical attacks"

Cause what would be the point of the bridge that is a MAJOR plot point in the newest game? Kratos could just "run" to the next realm, which clearly he can not do, nor can he run through time. I don't believe kratos is on-par in sheer speed with the flash when he is running through time.
Could just be that even with Kratos' speed, that the realms are too far to cross. Additionally, I presume he would get insta-erased by the space in-between the realms as shown when you cross through the bridge. And again, the devs can't show all of Kratos' stuff because it'd just break the overall dynamic of the game.

Immeasurable wouldn't really be something I'd gun for btw, was just bringing it up for additional feedback. I think Infinite would be the only thing worth focusing on in a potential CRT.

There is some Infinite speed scaling based on Interviews and in-game descriptions. Such as the Underworld and other areas being described as "Infinite" in the guides and Hermès' light being able to light up the Underworld. I'd have to dig it all up, since it has been a sec since I've touched GoW scaling.

Additionally, you could get him to Immeasurable since he does get physical amps from the World Tree that transcends everything space and time and among other things in each of its strands. This is essentially what gave Persona Immeasurable speed by scaling off of Archetypes.
While I personally and firmly agree with infinite speed scaling even though it is high end....

Obi is true that immeasurable speed breaks scaling.....remember the time when in GOW2 he had to time travel using portal??

I agree with the OP in adding Resistances and Innate Haxes to him, dunno why he still didn't had it

About speed, Immensurable indeed breaks the plot of the game (since this speed means you can basically Travel in time, something that Kratos can't do alone with GOW2 being a thing)

Neutral on Infinite speed

I agree with the OP in adding Resistances and Innate Haxes to him, dunno why he still didn't had it

About speed, Immensurable indeed breaks the plot of the game (since this speed means you can basically Travel in time, something that Kratos can't do alone with GOW2 being a thing)

Neutral on Infinite speed
He'd only have it in 4, where Kratos actually gets those amps from the World Tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back