• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kotarou Tennouji Revisions

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Finished Rewrite, basically took all my vacation time to do it.

First having Kotarou Tennouji (Rewrite Terra Route) and Kotarou Tennouji (Rewrite Moon Route) is unnecessary, we don't do this Visual Novel profiles, one profile is good, with keys for when the abilities of the characters diverge a lot over routes.

Base Ap
His first key should be something like "Base". The profiles above have major issues, this Base key should probably be Town level, i say probably cause i am not too sure about something.

So Tenma has a familiar called Kirvoy, it's durability enough to tank a direct hit from a nuke, however it would die afterwards due to the heat.

Kirvou nuke

Kirvoy durability

So question is does not being able to survive the heat make a difference and if so what exactly is the impact of a nuke.

Now excluding that there are other things like here where it says Kirvoy can deflect tank shells which would make it have Small Building level durability, Midou another summouner like Tenma can vaporize people:

Midou ash

Kotarou gained Mudou's fire powers, also Midou and Tenma's familiars are inferior to Sakuya, Sakuya easily sliced through Kirvoy's shell which could deflect tank shells and nukes.

Kotarou gets as strong as Sakuya in many routes. So his Base should either be Town level or Small Building level depending on whether not being able to tank the heat of a nuke makes a difference.

In Akane's route he evolved his aurora to be able to take on the Earth Dragon which is 15m tall, so he could be Building level based on that, however not really sure what height exactly something becomes Building level via sheer size.

Base Speed
The attack of a Leaf Dragon is stated to be equal to lightning:

Leaf dragon speed

Kotarou was able to react to this, and again is comparable to Sakuya who is the strongest familiar, so he should be Massively Hypersonic

Base Abilities Additio
His Base abilities are the same as what's on his current Terra profile, but he should have some more abilities in addition.

Instinctive Reaction:

Kotarou instinctive

Duplication

Kotarou multiply

Base Lifting Strength
His lifting strength should be Class 1 since he lifted a Hound which weighs a ton:

Kotarou lift

Rewrite hound weight

Reflection Ap
Now a major change, his next key should be called something like "Reflection", think he referred to himself as such along with Illusio or Shadow, the naming isn't that big a deal.

As a Reflection Kotarou is basically a composite of every Kotarou in the infinite multiverse:

Kotarou infinite

An infinite multiverse does indeed exist:

Rewrite branch worlds

This isn't the only instance of someone like Kotarou combining with themselves across the multiverse, Sakuya does this too:

Sakuya power

So where i am going with this should be obvious, Kotarou as a Reflection is the combinations of infinite versions of himself, thus he would be High 3-A.

Reflection Speed
The world Kotarou was in, was outside the space-time continuum and time doesn't exist there:

Rewrite time

Rewrite outside

Rewrite future

Thus he should have Infinite speed for being able to exist in that world.

Reflection Abilities
A lot of the abilities on his current Moon profile which this Reflection key covers, are baseless.

Kotarou never displayed Immortality 4, 5, 8 and 9. Mid-Godly regen is baseless, so is info analysis, information manioulation, abstract existence and fate manipulation. The latter part of what i listed are abilities Kagari has, the theory of life isn't something Kotarou created nor does he implement it, he can copy Kagiri's to run simulations that create a world exactly as he wants, but it's just a simulation and Kagiri is the only one who can actually create worlds.

Also he isn't a conceptual like what's said in his Notable Attack section, there are minor things like that that need to be changed.

Nigh Omniscience i think is too high for his intellect, he himself says there are many concepts he doesn't know and there is a limit to human intelligence:

Kotarou limit

Supergenius is more accurate, he understands time and various abstract and fundamental laws, among other things:

Kotarou intellect

Kotarou intellect 1

Kotarou intellect 2

Familiar
At the end of the Terra route he becomes a familar who is stronger than Sakuya and can instantly reach the moon:

Kotarou speed

This would make him FTL, he would scale to being stronger than his Base key.

Though really not much is know about this version of him except at some point he would get fast enough to be able to travel outside the solar system.

In other routes he did become a familiar so probably not the best name for this 3rd key, but taking him at his strongest as a familiar should be fine.

Not really familiar with this verse, like most of the ones you've been in lol. But I think that the person who did this wasn't familiar with how most VN/LN/WN/whatever profiles work in terms of having several routes they go through, hence making separate profiles of these.

I can't say for the Nuke part since it clearly says it can survive one but would die from the heat of it. A toss up on that one.

Pretty sure Lightning speed here is like Mach 1297 or something on average from what I've looked around here on so he should get MHS+ instead.

Reflection AP reminds me of that one JJBA thread about HAD affecting Valentine across the infinite multiverse (something about killing off an infinite # of people being High 3-A). If that's the case, this is good, same for everything else after it.

Yea would have to get some input on the nuke feat.

From what i know calcs of dodging lightning usually come out to MHS, it's just like dodging light, is Relativistic. Which is why i went from MHS.

HAD is still 2-A isn't he? In this case its that they have the power of infinite versions of them, thus infinite power so High 3-A.

About what you said originally, VN are way different from LN in terms of tiering, LN you just go by forms of the characters or story arcs, VN however have many routes which showcase different stuff but yet at the same time isn't vastly different from the other, except when characters get a new power up not in other routes.

Really we treat VN profiles as composite here. There are some other abilities Kotarou should have like instinctive reaction that i forgot to post in op, just add them in now i guess.

>Checks HAD's page

Huh...well then again I left that thread cuz people couldn't decide what to even rate it so...yeah. Not even sure if it passed and if it already did, DK what happened to the RO thing (shrugs).

Oooooooh.

That's a fair point to keep in mind. And right.

So guessing it's fine to scale the characters to Town level then? Wasn't sure whether not being able to survive the heat of a nuke made a difference from being able to tank a direct impact from it.

I actually wanted to know that as well. Guessing just the impact alone would matter?

The thing for the chars would be that the thing that survived it probably didn't had any resistance from the heat or something...tho like I said IDK the verse so I'm going off whatever idea comes to mind for reasons.

If no one objects to it then i will just go ahead and assume being able to survive the impact of the nuke is enough.

Going to ask some more staff for input.

Well guess it doesn't matter whether the character can only survive the impact of a nuke and not the heat then.

I am only going to comment on the Base AP section for now, I'll try to read through the rest later

1.Like you I am not sure if tanking the impact of a nuke but not the heat is 7-C. I'd say you would have to ask for a calc group for their opinion

2.The scan you provided says the fire turns people to ash rather than vaporizing them. Although I guess that still leaves the tank shells thing

3. We really should stop making characters building level for being building sized. I'm well aware that such a thing happens a lot but that doesn't mean it's supposed to, There's a fixed number someone has to breach for him to be building level and unless it can be proven that someone breaches that energy value because of his size he shouldn't be given the tier. We also don't know what kind of building 8-C is based on, so even if we gave tiers based off of size, it would be hard to tell what size qualifies as building level under our system

Might there be a way to calc the Earth Dragon's KE for a more reliable tier

I have asked a couple calc members, we just wait now i guess.

I am curious what would be the tiering for tiering people to ash. Though being able to tank tank shells already qualifies for 9-A so doesn't matter i guess.

Don't know how we would go about calcing the Earth Dragon's KE, besides it's size don't remember any feats for it, other than stomping people.

From the sound of it, reading through the images for the base AP, it sounds like the carapace of the creature can withstand the impact of the nuke but the creature itself beneath the carapace cannot survive the high heat that would follow that.

So the durability would scale to the nuke, it would just be a weakness of the creature that it cannot survive high heat (and possibly the durability for its body underneath the carapace would not be that tough).

DMUA says the heat not taken into acount would half the result but withstanding the pressure still takes quite a bit.

So basically regardless, it's Town level anyway you take it. So think we can finally get this revision done with.

Other stuff

Base Speed

Massively Hypersonic reactions seem perfectly fine

Base Abilities

Instinctive Reaction and Duplication both seem fine

Lifting Strength

Yeah I have my doubts about this. "Weighs a ton" is a common expression for something being heavy, I wouldn't usually take it literally

Reflection AP

Once again not sure. Is the result of the convergence becoming composited in terms of peak strength, knowledge etc or do we know that their power multiples proportionately with the number of version?

An infinite multiplier is a big deal so I don't think it can be given unless strongly supported. Tho if further context reinforces this form being infinitely powerful that might be another story

Reflection Speed

The problem here is that they speak of matter moving on their own without the need of time as a normal occurrence that more comes from the properties of the realm rather than a special trait within certain characters.

The main problem with timeless void feats is that they don't usually establish characters as needing to require infinite speed to move within it and the case really doesn't seem different here

Rest of the stuff
No problems I am noticing

Base Speed

Not just reaction speed, Kagari is faster than the dragon and can easily deflect it's attacks. Same Kagiri who gets killed by superhumans in other routes.

Kagari speed

Lifting Strength

I guess, though excluding that Kotarou who had no training in the Kotori route and didn't even strengthen himself, is stated to have 3x the strength of an adult human, this Kotarou is fodder to other superhumans.

Kotarou superhuman

Reflection AP

We know when it comes to their knowledge it is a composite of the knowledge of all versions of themselves, Kotarou remembers everything his other versions did.

Sakuya who is also the same as Kotarou is stated to have the combined knowledge of all versions of him, which makes him more powerful than any version of himself, i don't think just having knowledge would make him more powerful, he clearly has the powers of other versions of him.

In Sakuya's case because he forcibly entered the world, all possibilities of himself die out there, so it does lead credence to what i am saying:

Sakuya final

Sakuya combined 1

Reflection Speed

I agree with this. The characters should be MHS then due to this:

Kotarou lightning

Anyways, I am not entirely sure on high 3-A AP but everything else appears solid

Back