• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kosuke Ueki vs Yoh Asakura

Kazuma_kuwabara

She/Her
Both are shonen protagonist of the past and their mangas finished in 2004 but who would win in a battle? Both High 7-A Speed equalized

Ueki portrait
Asakura Yoh Battle Uniform V.2

huh...this is a tough one.

Both fighters can negate or undo attacks/powers, but I'm uncertain if either can perform their particular negation on each other. Ueki can undo powers by reverting them with his level 2, and Yoh can negate and dissipate energy to purify enemy attacks. Yoh doesn't have a conventional power that functions as the ones in LoU do, turning one thing into another. Rather, he channels spirits through physical objects to create items. Likewise, Ueki uses physical attacks with his sacred weapons as his main offensive force. These can't likely be purified and undone by Yoh's ability as it was designed to work on Oversouls and abilities present in his verse.

As for combat prowess, both have been known to adapt quickly and figure out new ways to defeat certain opponents. Yoh does this primarily through careful evasion and defence followed by purification, whereas Ueki prefers to use physical counters to throw opponents off-balance and prevent them from evading his Sacred Weapons.

The Yoh used for this fight is Byakko, meaning his range is slightly lower than SoS but his overall combat ability should be higher since it can function as both a weapon and capable armour. Ueki is in his 8-star state, so his 9th and 10th star weapons are out. Those included wings that allowed him to fly and a powerful attack with a limit on uses.

As for in-character mindsets, both will avoid killing and will try to fight to either incap or knock their opponent unconscious, with Yoh being the more passive of the two. They use their abilities in similar ways, with both using higher range physical constructs to reposition themselves in the air or leap much higher than ordinarily possible. Ueki has been shown to spare opponents even in the worst circumstances, with Yoh doing the same, so it's safe to say neither will go for the kill anytime soon. If I had to guess who would resort to murder first I'd say Ueki, but that's only based on my knowledge that Yoh considers himself a pacifist and refuses to.

Of the two Ueki has the better restraining abilities, but IIRC he's never actually used them for that purpose so I doubt he will here. Yoh is in a similar situation, often having to fight until his opponent admits they're beaten or can't fight back anymore. I'd guess both will fight with this mindset, unless one tries to negotiate in which case the battle ends when they realise neither actually wants to hurt the other. I doubt that sort of ending would be accepted here though, so I'll say a bit more.

In terms of fighting ability I'd say they're even. Yoh will use Byakko to avoid direct CqC so Ueki's counter won't be viable. A plus for Yoh is that his evasion ability functions by reading the flow of energy of whoever he's fighting, to evade and even reach their blind spots. Both have good stamina with Yoh fighting despite losing an arm and Ueki fighting after training for 24 hours without rest. I'd say Ueki takes that category since he's proven to fight for extended periods of time, as opposed to Yoh mainly fighting while heavily injured.

As for range, this is also somewhat even. Ueki has higher overall range thanks to Kurogane and Pick, allowing him to launch attacks at opponents several meters away without moving an inch, but most of his tools are less useful in close-mid combat. Mid-combat is actually better for him than close range, but Yoh won't be getting that close until he notices that weakness and Ueki will be wary of that so they're most likely to fight at mid-range for most of the time. Should Ueki launch a big attack Yoh can use that to evade and reach an opening or blind spot, which would be dangerous for Ueki.

I'll probably take another look at this later, right now I'm too tired to think much more. For now leaning inconclusive since I can picture either side winning. If either fighter can use their negation ability that would instantly be a huge advantage to them.

There isn't too much else to add here that I can think of so I'll need to think about it for a bit, but you should probably add some topics to the thread. It makes it easier for users to find and generally increases traffic to a debate.

Usually for a vs debate you would add the topics of the two characters involved and the verses they're from, so in this case it'd be Yoh Asakura, Kosuke Ueki, Law of Ueki and Shaman King that you should add.

Back