• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i think i get a perfect opponent for Kokushibo, and funny enough this is likely my first time ever using a Berserk characters in my career, so i'll expecting some good things happen
Don't worry, Chisaki vs Kokushibo are still in my pockets but i'm not going to publish it in anytime due of consequence i will get when that match get published lel

Anyway enjoy the demon vs "monster" match folks!

Arrived at the place "land of sunrise", Guts continued his journey
He later heard something about a demon that terrorized the peoples around Iwaizumi. He later decided to investigating it by resting in the the town
As he gather the information, he later know what kind of demon they referring: A demon that once a greatest samurai from Sengoku era, who were granted by a corrupted power of Demon King, now lived for eternity, he is now terrorizing the peoples of "land of sunrise" alongside the other demons, many brave warriors tried to defeated him but no avail
Rumor said that he is now took Iwaizumi as his territory

In his investigation, Guts passed throught a cave, until he sense somethin in the inside, thus made him yo entering the cave
The deeper he went, the aura he sense became more larger, and soon as he arrived, he found him! The demon! Guts without thinking too much, unleashed his dragon slayer, the demon turned back and revealed his six eyes, looked at Guts
"Another warriors, huh? It looks like they so desperate" said the demon calm
"I ain't like the warriors you murdered like a fiddle, demon!" Replied Guts loud
"Hmm, you seems different....whatever, soon you'll be joining them, as my another victims" he unsheath his sword, revealed it has flesh and eyes

Who would win!?

• Black Swordman Guts is used
  • Berserker Armor is unrestricted
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place: In the Depth of Ryūsendou Cave
  • images
  • Staring Range: 10 meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • "Monster": 10 (Naito, Razor, Elixir, Phoenks, Harith, Baken, Sheev, Popted, Random, Uchiha)
  • Demon: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Guts.%28BERSERK%29.600.439370.jpg

VS

Kokushibou.600.3201598.jpg

Last edited:
Wait before the debate starts, I'd recommend placing the fight somewhere the sun won't interrupt them (Like a very deep underground tunnel) due to gut's extreme stamina and his self healing, he'll always outlast kokushibo until the sun rises which would kill koku

Wait before the debate starts, I'd recommend placing the fight somewhere the sun won't interrupt them (Like a very deep underground tunnel) due to gut's extreme stamina and his self healing, he'll always outlast kokushibo until the sun rises which would kill koku
Noted, changed Roadway to Mount Oe to the depth of Ryūsendou cave

I'll list the things kokushibo can do

-STW Lets him predict gut's movements and attacks fairly easy
-High-mid regen
- Danmaku (He can spam everything in his arsenal because of his limitless stamina)
-Range Advantage
-Limitless stamina

I'll vote Kokushibo here, STW will help him predict Guts' attacks but he can tank them anyways or regen, The AP Gap is so small and even then kokushibo upscales from douma, Kokushibo has higher stamina even though guts has ridiculous stamina and endurance it isn't limitless like kokushibo's, He can also spam his forms which cover a decent range however he please because he doesn't have to worry about losing stamina. He also has the intelligence advantage by a long shot due to guts being bloodlusted and kokushibo being a demon having hundreds of years of experience agaist swordsmen

Im not sure Koku can regenerate here actually, Guts' Dragon Slayer has a quirk where, when it damages you, it also damages your astral form, making it so any wound you get, even if your physical body is healed, will reopen again as the wound on your astral soul hadn't been healed, if memory serves.

I know he has res to regen nul, but Guts' variant is super weird, it's not even real regen nul, it's basically just soul damage, if he can regen his soul too he should be fine.

and kokushibo being a demon having hundreds of years of experience agaist swordsmen
Also this isn't an actual advantage at all in context, Guts has ****** with Zodd before, who's whole thing is just going to battlefields and ******* shit up and could even briefly toss hands with Skull Knight and Guts is pretty close to Zodd in terms of skill, and like hundreds of other demons of that age.

Guts scales to 119 tons in base, with the Berserker Armor (Which is unrestricted), he can stomp characters that were overwhelming his base form. In addition to his soul damaging capabilities, I think he'd be capable of eventually putting Koku down.

Im not sure Koku can regenerate here actually, Guts' Dragon Slayer has a quirk where, when it damages you, it also damages your astral form, making it so any wound you get, even if your physical body is healed, will reopen again as the wound on your astral soul hadn't been healed, if memory serves.

I know he has res to regen nul, but Guts' variant is super weird, it's not even real regen nul, it's basically just soul damage, if he can regen his soul too he should be fine.
Nah he can't regen his soul, but does guts always use his dragon slayer sword? From reading the profile it looks like he has a ton and if his intelligence is restricted to animalistic with the berserker armor on then unless he already starts with said sword he probably wont think of pulling it out, Kokushibo could also just dodge and keep range the whole fight and not get tired due to his limitless stamina, STW will help him dodge as it lets you perceive the world slower and lets you predict the opponent's moves

It's literally his main weapon.

In the armor he goes absolutely ballistic with it, like spinning tornado shit.

Voting Guts for UchihaSlayer's reasons. Guts' bloodlust should not be mistaken for stupidity. His willingness to get hurt and endure attacks is going to be something that Kokushibo has never faced, even with See-Through World's ability, meaning any hit that Kokushibo lands has to be conservative, otherwise he risks getting hit. It's also worth noting that while speeds are equalized, Guts' reactions scale far higher than his base speed so that covers Kokushibo's own See-Through-World and Analytical Prediction.

He's ****** around with beings with thousands of years of experience like Zod and has more than enough skill and endurance to outlast Kokushibo before he gets a hit in. He also has a crossbow and bombs to cover at range if he wishes.

I know he's bloodlusted in the armor but kokushibo will be able to predict his attacks easily with the STW. When Tanjiro got his STW he was able to attack akaza when he was mid attack even though akaza was toying with him before he activated STW.

unknown.png

Pre STW
unknown.png

unknown.png

Post STW
unknown.png

unknown.png

Plus on top of that kokushibo is intelligent and would use his surroundings to his advantage, He'll likely never engage in close quarter combat once he finds out that guts' dragon slayer sword can negate his regen. Also what does reopening mean? Like if guts' slices kokushibo's hand will it just get destroyed again? It sounds like it just talks about minor wounds that leaves visible cuts, not major injuries like a limb lost and etc.

Last edited:
Voting Guts for UchihaSlayer's reasons. Guts' bloodlust should not be mistaken for stupidity. His willingness to get hurt and endure attacks is going to be something that Kokushibo has never faced, even with See-Through World's ability, meaning any hit that Kokushibo lands has to be conservative, otherwise he risks getting hit. It's also worth noting that while speeds are equalized, Guts' reactions scale far higher than his base speed so that covers Kokushibo's own See-Through-World and Analytical Prediction.

He's ****** around with beings with thousands of years of experience like Zod and has more than enough skill and endurance to outlast Kokushibo before he gets a hit in. He also has a crossbow and bombs to cover at range if he wishes.
Wdym? In the profiles guts' reaction and combat are the same. a crowssbow and bombs would literally do nothing, he HAS to use his dragon slayer sword or any other regen negation thing he has otherwise its obsolete and he'd just be wasting stamina.

Ion watch berserk, But if so koku will probs just play the range game
What's stopping Guts from just like, getting close? He can easily distract him and close the gap, if Kuko is to busy dodging cannon fire or crossbolts, that allows Guts to close the gap. (And he's gonna need to dodge that cannon, it one shots dudes on his tier, even if he can regen, that's wasted time needing to regen).

And Guts in the armor isn't stupid, it's more like he doesn't care, about anything, all he wants to do is kill, he has intellect, but it's with the caveat of he's extremely bloodlusted to everything. He won't sit down to come up with a complex plan, but he'd use his other shit still, given he has while in this state.

Should also note that with the armor, Guts AP boosts to the point where he can splatter and destroy enemies previously stronger than him, couple that with soul hax making that damage semi-permeant.

They also start 10m apart, Guts' sword and arm length already takes up a good chunk of that from starting position.

What's stopping Guts from just like, getting close? He can easily distract him and close the gap, if Kuko is to busy dodging cannon fire or crossbolts, that allows Guts to close the gap. (And he's gonna need to dodge that cannon, it one shots dudes on his tier, even if he can regen, that's wasted time needing to regen).

And Guts in the armor isn't stupid, it's more like he doesn't care, about anything, all he wants to do is kill, he has intellect, but it's with the caveat of he's extremely bloodlusted to everything. He won't sit down to come up with a complex plan, but he'd use his other shit still, given he has while in this state.

Should also note that with the armor, Guts AP boosts to the point where he can splatter and destroy enemies previously stronger than him, couple that with soul hax making that damage semi-permeant.

They also start 10m apart, Guts' sword and arm length already takes up a good chunk of that from starting position.
Kokushibo's range and the fact he has danmaku which he can spam, Cannon's or crossbolts won't do anything and his regen doesn't take time nor requires him to stop so he'd regen just fine without any setbacks.

Alright thanks for elaborating.

Koku can outrange, Plus guts wording on his regen negation is very weird, I might be nitpicking but it could just be talking about small wounds that leaves visible cuts since it talks about reopening a wound, But what happens if he has a sliced arm, there's nothing to reopen there unless his arm just gets destroyed, plus its not like it halts the regen it just reopens the wound, since demons regen is instant it'd just regenerate whenever its reopened.

Koku STWs and plays the range game.

unknown.png

This is how big his range can get, Kokushibo and gyomei are both at least 7 feet tall btw, Since gyomei has a canonical height of 7'2 and kokushibo is taller than him, The little crescent shaped blades there aren't for display either, they are actually blades which change in size and length in the midst of battle making them extremely hard to dodge even to someone with keen senses and heightened mobility

Also there's a possibility of kokushibo just adapting to guts' regen negation, He's adapted to getting decapitated by a nichirin sword which is a weakness all demons have, But I don't think its too likely because guts' sword is really weird, Just wanted to point this out. He can also do this:
unknown.png

More showings of Kokushibo's range:
unknown.png

That little blur you're seeing in the middle is a 5'10 man

He isn't adapting to what is effectively a sword that cuts your soul body that exists on a different plane of existence.

Kokushibo's range and the fact he has danmaku which he can spam, Cannon's or crossbolts won't do anything and his regen doesn't take time nor requires him to stop so he'd regen just fine without any setbacks.

You're telling me this dude can instantly heal being reduced to a puddle basically? Because that's how stupidly strong Guts' cannon is. Even if he can regen it, I'm gonna need evidence he can do so instantly of something like being blown to tiny bloody chunks.
And crossbolts dont need to do anything, they just need to distract him ever so slightly.

Koku can outrange,

Koku needs to get and stay at range first, not so easy when Guts is coming at him with everything he has with zero care for how he does it.

Plus guts wording on his regen negation is very weird, I might be nitpicking but it could just be talking about small wounds that leaves visible cuts since it talks about reopening a wound,

It's weird but straightforward, he cuts you, his sword can effect the astral plane though, so it also leaves the same wound he inflicted on your astral body as well. Thus to heal, you need to heal the astral body too, otherwise the wounds just open up again, even if the wound has completely healed on the physical body. Guts himself has had this happen to him, with a giant gash across his chest that wouldn't heal because it effected his astral body.

But what happens if he has a sliced arm, there's nothing to reopen there unless his arm just gets destroyed, plus its not like it halts the regen it just reopens the wound, since demons regen is instant it'd just regenerate whenever its reopened.

The arm probably just spontaneously falls off again as the arm on the astral body isnt there to begin with. And it isn't "instant", it's fast, but not instant, he'd be spontaneously falling apart every other second, it's basically incap at that point, he wouldn't be able to fight or function properly.

Koku STWs and plays the range game.
He starts 10m apart, I don't see him outranging, especially when he already starts well within Guts' range, not like they're hundreds of meters apart lad.

I mean once he know what Guts can capable do, Koku can just switch to ranged fight, the distance wouldn't be 10 meters forever

You're telling me this dude can instantly heal being reduced to a puddle basically? Because that's how stupidly strong Guts' cannon is. Even if he can regen it, I'm gonna need evidence he can do so instantly of something like being blown to tiny bloody chunks.
And crossbolts dont need to do anything, they just need to distract him ever so slightly.

Koku needs to get and stay at range first, not so easy when Guts is coming at him with everything he has with zero care for how he does it.

It's weird but straightforward, he cuts you, his sword can effect the astral plane though, so it also leaves the same wound he inflicted on your astral body as well. Thus to heal, you need to heal the astral body too, otherwise the wounds just open up again, even if the wound has completely healed on the physical body. Guts himself has had this happen to him, with a giant gash across his chest that wouldn't heal because it effected his astral body.

The arm probably just spontaneously falls off again as the arm on the astral body isnt there to begin with. And it isn't "instant", it's fast, but not instant, he'd be spontaneously falling apart every other second, it's basically incap at that point, he wouldn't be able to fight or function properly.

He starts 10m apart, I don't see him outranging, especially when he already starts well within Guts' range, not like they're hundreds of meters apart lad.
First off, has it ever reduced anyone comparable to guts to a puddle? Cause kokushibo is not even 2x weaker than guts, and even though guts upscales in his berserk armor, kokushibo does too by a huge margin, the gaps between upper moons are big. Second off how large is the cannon? Isn't it a built in thing in his mecha arm? Even if it reduces the portion of kokushibo that it hits to puddle he'd still regen nigh instantly because the portion he'd bust is small.
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

The second screenshot takes place just like a second after the first because gyomei's ball hasn't even returned to his hand yet, so yes he can regen a large portion of his body night instantly.

Its not about strength or guts will, Kokushibo's STW lets him know your move before you even make the move as stated by gyomei and lets you percept things slower than before, its also an amp to speed and a decent one at that, Like my example from above, Akaza was toying with tanjiro pre STW and then when he unlocked it he was able to attack akaza when he was in the midst of an attack and akaza was shocked which could possibly imply he wasn't able to react but I'm not too sure.

Guts still has to slice kokushibo on a vital part. which will be hard cause kokushibo will play the range game. Plus guts can't just tank everything koku does, not only is guts not that much stronger than kokushibo (I know guts upscales but kokushibo does too), Kokushibo's attacks do count as piercing damage, and the crescent shaped blades will catch guts off guard most likely and even after he's figured out what the little blades are it doesn't mean he'll be able to dodge them since they change in speed and size everytime. making them basically impossible to predict and dodge

I'd also like to point out that kokushibo's situational awareness is off the charts, He has six eyes and can sprout eyes from his sword, He can cover himself in his swords (which he doesn't run out of cause he can make them out of his blood) which means he basically has eyes everywhere and all of them has STW that percepts guts' moves slowly, it'd be nigh impossible for guts to land a hit or even go into close range because of how fast kokushibo can land his forms in quick succession and that he doesn't have to worry about tiring out. And even if guts comes close like I said kokushibo can make it so that he has eyes basically everywhere + All those said eyes percept guts slower cause of STW + Kokushibo knows your moves before you inititiate it. This is also in character for him.
unknown.png

unknown.png

I'd also point how Guts' dragon slayer is the only thing in his whole arsenal capable of taking kokushibo down, not only does this cut down his versatility as he'll be forced to use that sword the whole time and everything else is obsolete, Also if that sword ever breaks in the midst of the fight (Which is possible unless the sword has higher dura than guts himself) then there goes his only chance of winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back