• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kizumonogatari: Koyomi and Shinobu upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) This feat is performed by Shinobu Oshino in her prime.

"I hurriedly escaped from Antarctica. With a huge joystick-pushing jump. That tsukumo-gami girl's jump? Hmph, something like that pales in comparison. Frankly, the recoil from my jump almost destroyed the continent of Antarctica. I jumped randomly, so I thought I'd fall into the ocean...and I was thinking I'd take a swim from there to freshen up. But there, to my surprise, was this country (Japan). I fell into a lake. How I obliterated that lake by doing so starts the story. The story of a good for nothing demon. (Episode theme plays.) lol. So do you know what landing in a lake after a huge leap from Antarctica does? Right. "The water splashes up." Almost all the water in the lake did. And what does that splashed up water do? After momentarily flying high in the air, it follows gravity and falls to the ground as "rain." Back then, the dry spell of a drought around the lake was so bad the ground was cracking. I just happened to "make it rain" there. As a result I saved many lives. I created a miracle for them. By the way, do you know what humans call someone who creates a "miracle"? Right those who creates miracles are called "Gods." This is from monogatari series second season episode 18/Shinobu time arc.

So what tier should I place her prime form?

Also if anyone wants to calculate the size of the lake here is the picture.
Shinobu

According to Reppu's calculation (In this thread.) this Antarctica feat is Small Country level.

2)
Koyomi's speed 1- https://i.gyazo.com/2b9610d2f81a50765926235b2d0ca203.mp4

2- https://i.gyazo.com/0ce382bf5a9e9b5431d6984762aadc39.mp4

3- https://i.gyazo.com/0121bc5db82104b0f5f81e87b5b5e029.mp4

This will of course upgrade Shinobu's speed aswell.

3) It seems like Koyomi is above tier 8-C (Probably.) Feat (Skip to 2:00)

4) Depowered Shinobu's speed (She broke sound barrier)

I can't find a single figure or estimation on the landmass of Antarctica w/o Ice so my initial calc isn't usable in this case. We'd have to use Reppuzans calc and make the tier "At least Low 6-B, likely higher since the stone landmass should yield higher results.

So can I change Shinobu's tier to "Unknown. At least Low 6-B, likely higher"

I am putting unknown there because we have no idea how powerful she was in her prime when completely serious.

Considering her jump alone was strong enough to destroy Antarctica, I think that seems reasonable.

I am fine with "At least Class 5", and "At least Supersonic".

Apparently that "Supersonic" feat is not there in the Kizumonogatari light novel.........But the author Nisio Isin has written the story for the Kizumonogatari movies so is it canon?

Thank you, I have asked Antoniofer to calc the speed feats so currently I am only upgrading the lifting strength.

Okay.

Btw: Nisioisin is a very interesting writer. Medaka Box likely proved that he is something as unusual as a highly artistically creative individual, with simultaneous genius-level analytical intelligence.

Yup I noticed his unique writting style while reading Monogatari, he is not someone restricted by what others think and has a clear focus. Monogatari being a very dialogue heavy series I am always fascinated by his constant intelligent and creative wordplays.

He is definitely not interested in irrational ideology, which is something that I find refreshing.

So, "Supersonic+ (Broke the sound barrier, and caused a destructive shockwave)" then?

Yes. I am thinking of putting Koyomi's speed as "Superhuman (He managed to cross the schoolyard to catch Hanekawa before she could even falls over. He is far more agile than he was as a human), Supersonic+ (After realising his full potential he broke the sound barrier and caused a destructive shockwave)"

I am keeping that superhuman speed rating because some trolls are going to try to downgrade him by saying "Why couldn't he blitz Dramaturgy (this guy is only peak human or low end superhuman in speed) if he has supersonic speed?" btw this fight happened before Koyomi realised his full potential.

Hmmm Shinobu can destroy ghosts/any supernatural beings with her kokorowatari sword, what power would this classify as?

The movie isn't even out yet, if you are talking about the spoilers on Koyomi's profile then it is from the light novel.

So here is what LordXcano said about the 4)th feat.

This solidly puts Koyomi at supersonic+ speed (Since he is faster than Shinobu's child form.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back