• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Harp of Ages is a mythical instrument that belonged to Nayru, the Oracle of Ages. Link finds the Harp in a secret room of Nayru's house where an imprint of Nayru teaches him the "Tune of Echoes". This apparition hoped that a hero had found the Harp and would use it to save the land. The Harp of Ages allows Link to control the currents of time to Warp between the past and present ages of Labrynna by playing certain tunes on it. The three tunes Link learns to play on the Harp are the Tune of Echoes, the Tune of Currents and the Tune of Ages. Playing any tune on the Harp of Ages will also defeat any Pols Voice on the screen. If Link attempts to travel through time in certain areas, he will be sent back "by a strange force."[1] These areas are Yoll Graveyard, the Sea of No Return and the Black Tower grounds. He also cannot travel through time inside dungeons. This exists to prevent sequence breaking.

Link is taught the "Tune of Echoes" during a telepathic message he receives from Nayru right after picking up the harp itself. Whenever the "Tune of Echoes" is played, it energizes all nearby time portals (time portals appear as brown pads with whirlpool symbols engraved on them) and allows Link to use them to travel from past to present and vice versa.

Link learns the second tune, the "Tune of Currents", from the musical researcher Tokkey who resides in a hidden grotto in Talus Lake. If Link plays the "Tune of Echoes" in front of him, Tokkey finds inspiration and teaches him the "Tune of Currents". This tune allows Link to travel from the past to the present without a time portal, but not the other way around. It also leaves a temporary portal leading back to the past in the spot it was used, allowing Link to backtrack if he becomes trapped in the area of the present to which he warped.

The final song is learned from Nayru. She will teach Link the "Tune of Ages" after she has been rescued from Veran's possession. It allows him to travel from past to present at will, and vice versa. Oddly enough, the song still leaves a time portal to the original age, despite already being able to travel back to the time Link came from. This is likely to make it easier to travel back to the time it was used without worrying about materializing in a solid object.

The Black Tower was built four hundred years prior to the time of Oracle of Ages, by the order of the country's then-reigning monarch, Queen Ambi. Ambi ordered the tower's construction, intending it to be a beacon to guide her lost lover, a pirate captain, home from the sea. Its construction was apparently halted for unknown reasons.

In the present day, Veran, Sorceress of Shadows and an agent of Koume and Kotake, possesses the body of Nayru, the Oracle of Ages. Using the oracle's powers, Veran travels back in time four hundred years and manages to worm her way into Queen Ambi's favor and becomes the queen's advisor. She uses Nayru's control over time to create the Endless Day and inveigles Ambi into forcing the townsfolk to slave away unceasingly on the tower's construction. The people of Labrynna, bitter from the way Ambi now represses them, begin calling the tower, then known as Ambi's Tower, the "Black Tower." The effects of Veran's actions can be seen even in the present time, as townspeople will note that they think that the Black Tower is spontaneously growing taller.

Link later confronts Veran and saves Nayru, but Veran possesses Queen Ambi.

all of this from official Zelda site.

Ok, Link uses an ability that was meant for him preventing Veran from messing with the timeline. How does that equate to him using the harp to time hax his opponents?

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, Link uses an ability that was meant for him preventing Veran from messing with the timeline. How does that equate to him using the harp to time hax his opponents?
UGH LInk can just travel in the past and since he wont have kirito breathing ddown on his neck he could just wish him away thats what we call an opening plus link as absolut mastery over time slow down fast foward or even completly stop it like stasis

Ok, but you forgot one itsy little detail.

Link doesn't time paradox his foes in character. He never did that once through any of the games where he had the ability to time travel. At the very best he would use the OoT to recuperate to get better next time. And that's if he manages to use the Ocarina before he gets oneshotted by Kirito if he manages to get Non-physical interaction.

Twilight Princess through The Hero's Shade. This is Composite Link and the Hero's Shade is a Link and he's a ghost with dimensional BFR.

This honestly just getting longer for no reason can Kirito even her non corporeal link if yes please show scan if not then this fight goes to link with out a doubt

Theglassman12 said:

Link doesn't time paradox his foes in character. He never did that once through any of the games where he had the ability to time travel. At the very best he would use the OoT to recuperate to get better next time. And that's if he manages to use the Ocarina before he gets oneshotted by Kirito if he manages to get Non-physical interaction.
He did oracle of ages proves it ralph tells link to be carefull in the past because link does end up killing sme enemies and when you travel back in the present they dissaper also in SS he made the wish to kill demise while he was in the past so yes again he did do it in character and thats more then once and also lets not forget the fact veran was basically doing the same thing while she was eradicating the people in the passe thus prevent their descendents to ecist in the future hell she eradicated a whole species of monkey's link was busy bringing everyone back to life and again fi can just tell him to do it plus link can teleport himself in other universes so he can make is wish from an other reality since the TF as cross universal range and kirito will be too busy fighting the other link's

also kirito can not simply just get Non physical interaction he either has it or not..

I literally just posted a scan.

Stop being so biased. Threads have gone for weeks at times, and this thread isn't even that old. Kirito himself has ways of defeating Link.

Theglassman12 said:
He can't time paradox in OoT because Ganon is stronger then him, but he quite literally time paradoxed Demise, he just happened to have acausality.

You can also argue him warning Zelda about forthcoming events in the end of OoT is him using time travel to his advantage also.

Theglassman12 said:
A good bit of puzzles in Majora's Mask, OoT, and Oracle of Seasons(plus the Skyward Sword mentioning) is based around Link going back into the past,

Kuroiha said:

Stop being so biased. Threads have gone for weeks at times, and this thread isn't even that old. Kirito himself has ways of defeating Link.
I don't want to sound rude, but you literally just posted a boy with an ethereal silhouette. Can you tell me where did ot happen so that I can search myself?

Also I should note, virtually any game where Link had time traveling, he didn't time paradox specific foes cause either:

A. He couldn't go back that far into the past.

B. They were stronger then him even with how far back he went in time.

C. He himself wasn't as strong as his future self(OoT) thus weakening himself in the process through time traveling.

@Giver I didn't ask about him using the time travel in general. I asked when had Link ever used time travel to kill anyone with his time travel.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Theglassman12 said:
He can't time paradox in OoT because Ganon is stronger then him, but he quite literally time paradoxed Demise, he just happened to have acausality.
You can also argue him warning Zelda about forthcoming events in the end of OoT is him using time travel to his advantage also.
^

TriforcePower1 said:
Guys, Link being able to time travel changes nothing here. At all.
I'm aware, I'm just clearing a misconception that he simply doesn't do it in character cause he doesn't think to do it or that he's never done it.

Kuroiha said:

Fist of all i am not being biased so stop throwing accusations second of all your scan shows nothing important the only thing it shows is kirito seeing ugeo fighting with the enemy, you just showed us someone else having the ability not kirito himself seeing something does not mean you can interact with it unlike link who was shown to be able to interact and see ghost kirito can not its plain and simple

And Gabriel ghostlyness looks to be like just a designe choice and visual effects unless it is stated or clearly shown kirito can't do anything but you said you would post other scan so i am still willing to hear you out.

Also if it isn't done already someone should do a thread about non corporeal Ugeo and Gabriel being able to interact with him.

Unless Ugeo appering was just to be a scene direction in order to give kiri a boost in moral someone should look into it.

@AshenCrow777

Fist of all i am not being biased so stop throwing accusations

Really? Let's see then.

and links ice resistance his way too high for kirito

Assumptions about Kirito's ice. Unless Link can resist nigh-AZ temperatures, he's not resisting it.

also kirito can not simply just get Non physical interaction he either has it or not..

What?

if not then this fight goes to link with out a doubt

Okay.

UGH LInk can just travel in the past and since he wont have kirito breathing ddown on his neck

He doesn't do it in character.

unlike link who was shown to be able to interact and see ghost kirito can not its plain and simple

And so on.

I don't want to sound rude, but you literally just posted a boy with an ethereal silhouette. Can you tell me where did ot happen so that I can search myself?
Kuroiha said:
Here's how Gabriel looks like. I can give scans later than can solidify Gabriel's "ghostlyness".
I showed how he looks like. I literally said I would give proper scans later.

He does it in character, I literally showed above the reasonings why he doesn't do it when he has time traveling powers in some games, and what he does when going back to the past with demise. Does Kirito harm Gabriel or not?

AshenCrow777 said:
Fist of all i am not being biased so stop throwing accusations second of all your scan shows nothing important the only thing it shows is kirito seeing ugeo fighting with the enemy, you just showed us someone else having the ability not kirito himself seeing something does not mean you can interact with it unlike link who was shown to be able to interact and see ghost kirito can not its plain and simple
Again, you're making assumptions. I said I would post proper scans later, yet you all decided to jump right ahead of my comment and ignored it completely.

Better Gabriel Image

Gabriel is a Non-Physical Entity

Gabriel Miller showed absolutely no sign of evading.

Still smiling thinly, he simply opened his arms wide.

Eight colors of light pierced into his bluish darkness-wrapped

body.

Not missing the opportunity as his upper body trembled, I swept

the sword in my right hand towards the man's torso and thrust

the sword in my left hand through his chest. Slimy darkness

splashed and left a chill where it brushed across my skin.

Right afterwards I flew to pull back the distance and whirled

around again.

What my eyes ended up capturing was—

Gabriel slowly drawing the spilled, amorphous darkness back

towards him, and turning around as if nothing had happened
. The

jacket covering his body was unscathed.

(Sword Art Online - Volume 18, 130)

Simple. Kirito can't hurt Gabriel because he's made out of a non-physical material. Notice the "darkness" it emphasizes, and look at the image I posted.

Kirito clashes with Gabriel

The greatest, most final enemy, Gabriel Miller, entered the attack

range of my sword.

With my arms charged full of power I had never felt before, I

unleashed my most practiced, most reliable dual wielding Sword

Skill.

Starburst Stream. A 16-hit combo attack.

"WHO...OAAAAAAAAA!!"

My sword, permeated with starlight, shot forward with a blinding

trail.

At the same time, Gabriel's six wings and one blade came

swooping down from all sides.

Each mighty clash between light and void created vast flashes of

light, causing the world to tremble.

Faster.

Gotta go faster.

"OHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

I roared as I assimilated mind and body, accelerating to the

extreme and swinging my swords.

"NULLLLLLLL!!"

Gabriel was howling too, counterattacking with all seven blades.

10 hits.

11 hits.

There was no more rage, no more hatred, no more bloodlust in my

chest. All that was left pervading my body was the colossal power

of the prayers, driving me.

12 hits.

13 hits.

—Take in...

14 hits.

—the light of...

15 hits.

—the spirits of everyone of this world!! Gabriel!!

The final 16th hit was a full-motion overhead slash from the left, a

beat slower than him.

Certain of his victory, Gabriel's inhuman eyes narrowed slightly.

Moving a hair faster than the slash I had put all of my might into, a

black wing protruding from the enemy's right shoulder sheared

off my entire left arm.

The light-filled limb burst into pieces and scattered, leaving only

the Blue Rose Sword floating in the air.

"LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!"

(Sword Art Online - Volume 18, 162 and 163)

Shortly after the attack, Gabriel survived, so Kirito switched with Eugeo, as shown in this image.

Accompanied by high, loud laughter, the void blade in Gabriel's

right hand hurtled downwards, crackling with black lightning.

Psht.

With the echo of that dependable sound, two hands that were not

my own gripped onto the hilt of the Blue Rose Sword hovering in

midair.

The Blue Rose Sword blocked the void blade firm and true.

Clutching the sword, Eugeo looked to me, flaxen hair swaying.

"Come on — now's the time, Kirito!!"

"Thanks, Eugeo!!"

I shouted back in clear tones.

(Sword Art Online - Volume 18, 164)

That's some scans I could find from my phone currently, but I'll find some more once I get back to my computer.

That sounds more like intangibility via being made out of darkness, it's like henry being able to hurt ink creatures in Bendy. Also I don't think being able to harm beings made out of darkness would correlate to being able to harm non-corporeal beings.

GiverOfThePeace said:
That sounds more like intangibility via being made out of darkness, it's like henry being able to hurt ink creatures in Bendy. Also I don't think being able to harm beings made out of darkness would correlate to being able to harm non-corporeal beings.
Ink is sorta physical though. Darkness isn't. Darkness would be non-corp, though whether or not it is the same kind of non-corp is up to debate.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Gabriel is made out of darkness, but I don't know whether or not that counts as actual non-corporeality.

Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces. A non-corporeal being does not usually have any kind of concrete, defined form, and can appear in many different forms if they wish, though the destruction of these bodies is of little relevance to the entity behind them.

So no he dosent

Kuroiha said:
Yeah, it's pretty obvious Gabriel is made out of darkness, but I don't know whether or not that counts as actual non-corporeality.
That'd be Non-Corp.

Again, you're making assumptions. I said I would post proper scans later, yet you all decided to jump right ahead of my comment and ignored it completely.

I find it funny you decide to leave out the comment that said i would wait for you to show further scans are you sure that you arent being biased as well lol.

But it dosent matter we are adults not childeren so sorry if i offended you

Mr. Bambu said:
Ink is sorta physical though. Darkness isn't. Darkness would be non-corp, though whether or not it is the same kind of non-corp is up to debate.
From the explanation given, he's still corporeal, just intangiable. It literally says at one point his darkness "splatters" or something along those lines.

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

Here it is also darkness is an element Gab is not incorporeal

If your true form is made up of something without physicality (like darkness), that's Non-Corp. Intangibility means you can change into it.

If your non-corporeal form gets hit and it splatters, that's on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back