• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair he doesn't have the triforce for like, nearly 100% of his runtime

and the .01% time he has it, he doesn't need to murder anyone

Right.

So victorylusted, yes, but in character, no.

Mr. Bambu said:
Was about to say. I love me some Zelda (spent 300$ on a Switch just to play BotW) and I don't remember any fight where Link is like "lawl triforce skrub get shrekt"
That's because in BOTW the Triforce doesn't appear ovo

Anyway, this is a stomp as Kirito can't harm non-corporeals, and, btw, Link could easily use the Triforce if his info analysis talking sword told him to do it. Not leading, but using it? Sure.

Haven't actually finished it, my main games are old ones. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, stuff from that time.

Also... read my above posts on the Non-Corporeal thing.

Bambu, he's just a ghost. The "physical avatar" is his ghost, it's just that TP Link can affect non-corporeals in general, so he could interact with him.

TriforcePower1 said:
Bambu, he's just a ghost. The "physical avatar" is his ghost, it's just that TP Link can affect non-corporeals in general, so he could interact with him.
Got a statement of his avatars being Non-Corp?

Was taking a look at profiles... Apparently Link does have more hax to fight back. Dunno if it can make up for the massive power difference, though. But, his popular winning combo of Stasis Rune/Phantom Hourglass + Ancient arrow seems to work on Kirito who doesn't seem to have resistance to time manipulation nor existance erasure.

Link has Mind Reading listed as well, could this help him to know what's coming and device a better plan? Like knowing Kirito can freeze him or kill him by just grazing him I mean.

Would Link's emotion manipulation get in the way of Kirito's Incantation? Under Kirito's weaknesses it states that his incantation won't activate if his willpower or confidence wavers, as well as that Kirito can get more reckless if he gets emotional.

Transmutation also seems to work, Spell (the Adventure of Link magic) and the Magic Powder and Quake Medallion from A Link to the Past apparently would work on Kirito.

Duplication (Hero's Shade ability and possibly the Four Sword) could help Link to create openings and attack from different angles.

Correct me if I am wrong, though >_> Looked at Kirito's page, but I may have missed something. The issue now is how well does Link manage to create openings. I guess Fi can help with the info at least.

@Tarta

That combo isn't considered in this wiki because "Link never did it" These guys don't know how good is a well placed Stasis+ Ancient Arrow combo ovo.

Mind reading and willpower manipulation come from Masks that Link isn't wearing when the fight starts.

And Link is non-corporeal, the only thing I'm waiting is for Cal to finally add that as it has already been accepted on an another thread.

When you want a Digimon vs Kirito match so bad, but he's too weak of a 4-B and too weak of a 4-A to fight even the weakest Mega level.....Let's see if 4-B vs 4-A is possible...And like the 2 High 4-C's are MetalGreymon and Wendigomon...but no one cares about Wendigomon.

@Triforce: Ah got it, didn't know that. Too bad. Is that particular combo banned or Link is not allowed to use a Time Stop and go for a winning hax in general?

Well, while Link non-corporeality is still debated... Or at least, not applied here.

Hypothetically, Link can wear the masks if he somehow manages to survive long enough? And what about transmutation? (Which Masks were Btw, if they are MM items it would explain I don't know them).

Would intangibility (Cane of Byrna, Magic Cape) protect Link from Kirito's freezing moves and other skills? Kirito's profile doesn't state he can get past intangibility, but he could have moves that trivialize physical contact or something.

EDIT: @Dragon Digimons are insane, even baby ones are haxed up the wazoo and can play pinball with planets >_>

nobody answered whether or not there was actual proof that Hero's Shade was Non-Corp or just an Avatar of OG Link's ghost

TriforcePower1 said:
Mind reading and willpower manipulation come from Masks that Link isn't wearing when the fight starts.
Wait so if we assume that he has just like 12 different tunics on all at once wwhy don't we assume the same for masks?

Coz AFAIK Link is pretty much always wearing a tunic and isn't always wearing a mask. Otherwise we'd also be assuming he always was throwing bombs, firing his light arrows, etc at all times.

MM Link's entire thing is him being the master of mask though? Also beginning of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and one of the ending of Spirit Tracks he wears something other then a tunic.

Him being a master of masks does not mean by default he has them on at all times.

Also... no? At least not in the beginning of those first two, never playerd Spirit Tracks.

But it's still common for him to consistently have mask on, and as already shown with a couple versions of Link, he's not always wearing his tunic.

Wind Waker he's wearing pajamas, and Twilight Princess he's wearing regular villager clothes. Spirit Tracks he wears an engineer costume.

After taking on his role as the Hero of Time, no.

Pretty sure you mean Hero of Winds/Twilight/Trains. Hero of Time is never seen without a tunic unless dead.

Hero of Trains. Has a certain ring to it.

The real cal howard said:
Link's just...a ghost if composited. Also not a ghost. Composite Link is a walking paradox.

Also, Kirito needs to like...hit Link. That's all.
Composite Link broke his back because of all the stuff he is carrying.

Link And His Stuff
Posting again for relevancy.

The real cal howard said:
0%. Link's gotta be either very prepped, very bloodlusted, or very desperate.
Now that's not true, he just needs a goal.

Same thing when he wanted to kill Demise, he got the Triforce and did it right away, same thing when he got it in the Alttp.

Link had literally used the Triforce the moment he got his hands on it ƒñÀƒÅ╗ÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

Konaguna said:
Now that's not true, he just needs a goal.

Same thing when he wanted to kill Demise, he got the Triforce and did it right away, same thing when he got it in the Alttp.

Link had literally used the Triforce the moment he got his hands on it ƒñÀƒÅ╗ÔÇìÔÖé´©Å
^This

Hm... I have my reservations regarding Link piling up clothing and using the Triforce as an insta win. In the first case, in the games you can only wear one tunic, one shield, one sword and such and IIRC masks were the same. While you can easily alternate between effects, you can't just pile them up. I think that's giving Link a pass a bit too much. Rings and accesories don't have the issue, though, since you can get more than once and have their effects active at once.

Weaponizing the Triforce's wishing and reality warping is also a bit confusing. In theory it can be done, but context around it has always been muddy. I can't speak for Skyward Sword, but in A Link to the Past, there was a whole buildup for Link in the story to use his particular wish right away: Ganon had corrupted the sacred realm, the Triforce was the only way to resore it, Link had to defeat Ganon to get it and this was clear from pretty early on. It's always at the end of the game, so we don't see how Link would behave when holding the stuff for a while.

There's also the issue of why Ganon doesn't just wish away enemies or threats, such as the royal family after he doesn't need them, or if he can't affect Link directly why not transform his surroundings into something lethal. Or use the Reality Warping to steal the Master Sword and then erase Link. PIS? Limitations? That's what I mean.

EDIT: I still think we can find good chances in his regular stuff, though.

There's also the issue of why Ganon doesn't just wish away enemies or threats, such as the royal family after he doesn't need them, or if he can't affect Link directly why not transform his surroundings into something lethal. Or use the Reality Warping to steal the Master Sword and then erase Link. PIS? Limitations? That's what I mean.

EDIT: I still think we can find good chances in his regular stuff, though.

Because then the game would be over silly. It's the trypical: villain is a dumbass around protagonist cliché

How many times could have Yhwach foddrorizes Ichigo? How many times could have Madara soloed Naruto and sausage? Look at Connor Kennedy, his ass was supposed to be put down like 10 times and yet he lived. Zeref could have easily fodorrized Natsu but he didn't cuz plot and villain is dumb.

Plus the Zelda franchise kinda changed lore throughout the course of its existence like light arrows used to be silver arrows bruh, and master sword be a magic sword.

Muffin change the fact he always use Triforce when he get it bruh. Plus it stored in your soul, meaning you can always just wish bruh.

Aside from what Konaguna said, Ganon actually couldn't use the Triforce till the very end of ALTTP, as apparently he can't use it if he has been sealed or maybe they were just sealed separately. Also, the Master Sword can resist the effects of the Triforce, which is why Ganon couldn't use its abilities to destroy Link.

So consensus coz you people are contradicting one another.

Does Link auto-use Triforce consistently when he has it? As in the second he gets it, boom, that's it, Triforce time?

I'm not sure honestly. Every time he had it, he instantly used it. We know that it's thought based, both via statements and feats, and given that Link is technically already touching it, he just needs to think in order to kill Kirito. He actually used it in an offensive way in Skyward Sword when he used it to kill Demise.

Yes he does bruh, Becoz

1)He used it in the alttp at the end of game cuz he knew what he gonna wish for so it made sense

2) In Skyward sword he use it to Detroit demise but he not use it again cuz demise haven't really been killed and he doesn't know that so he has no need

He does use the Triforce immediately

Also the master sword isn't nearly as strong as anyone makes it seem, it's just a hard counter for evil

Gonna wait for Cal and the others, I'd like the most consistent answer.

I mean, it's not exactly a game changer. If Link doesn't lead with that, he surely leads with info analysis that tells him to use the Triforce as it's the most efficient way to bring down Kirito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back