• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you're asking a legitiamte question, thought it was half-rhetorical. Anyways yes if the statement itself is legit he'd be invisible with FD mask.

Its not just invisible. I mean this with no exaggeration that Link'd be able to beat the crap out of his opponent while screaming at the top of his lungs and the opponent would be none the wiser.

I mean

Kirito's AOE kinda gets around that, though all this talk of Link's masks makes me wanna hook up one of my N64s and give the old games a whirl.

god dammit nostalgia

I think it's pretty safe to say characters know they are in a fight.

And if he does use Triforce doesn't seem to have a consensus on whether he opens with it. If yes, then yeah, Kirito can't do much. If not, then Kirito freeze gg.

What goes to say Kirito doesn't think his enemy is just dead if Link's presence is removed completely from the field?

I mean I saw no real counter to him not opening with it, especially since any scene he has the triforce in he jumps to wish granting.

His senses, if I recall, sorta work against that. I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge of SAO and I never got far into the series, but IIRC this key does have passive danger sensing. Also, wdym his presence is removed from the field? I get not seeing him due to mask (doubting he'd have that equipped but still).

Gerudo Pirates are naturally trained yet only the higher ups can see through Link. He quite literally doesn't have a noticeable presence like @cal said he can scream run around, throw bombs everywhere, etc. and people won't notice him.

Link could quite literally go around for years yelling and tapping on everyone, standing in the way of someone walking even. Stone Mask still nopes detection.

Naturally trained isn't the same thing though. Again, an SAO expert is welcome to point me out if I'm wrong since I don't claim any insane knowledge on this bit, but IIRC he specifically senses killing intent- which under SBA Link has a fair amount of.

Even so

He has no reason to assume Link just offed himself and he knows he's in the area, there's nothing stopping freezing.

AoE =/= Danmaku

This is a bit of a side tangent but danmaku is more like tons of projectiles to cover one area, generally something that could be called a "bullet hell". AoE is just a single attack that covers a vast area.

But Kirito's freezing is just a lot of wires surrounding you from what I understood.

Not that it matters when Link is non-corporeal.

clearly lucy needs danmaku

ok so what about this

[[1.Here I'm going to calculate how much damage resistance Link has.

2.I will state a damage-reducing item/spell, followed by how much damage Link takes with only it activated. I will then multiply each number to find how much damage Link takes when each one is activated. All of these items are mentioned in his respect thread besides the Blessing.

4.Great Fairy of Courage's Blessing (Ocarina of Time) = 50% = .5

5.Blue Clothes = 50% = .5

6.Red Mail = 25% = .25

7.Red Ring = 50% = .5

8.Blue Ring = 50% = .5

9.Green Ring = 75% = .75

11.Multiplying these together gives me 3/256. In other words, Link only takes 3/256 of the damage dealt to him.

13.If Link is unable to wear the Red Mail, perhaps because he is using the Zora Armor, this number changes to 3/64. Still not bad.

15.If we put him in his standard green tunic without any armor, just the rings and blessing, it changes to 3/32, which is slightly under 10%. ]]

from the Link respect thread https://pastebin.com/AXR14A0b

Kirito attacks are going to be reduced by a lot.

@Ashen that damage drop isn't going to help Link if 4-A Kirito is being used since the range for 4-B is in the billions.

Ashen none of that really matters since Link would need to reduce the damage his takes by trillions of times to not get one shot, the gaps too big for Links damage reduction to be even remotely effective. Not that it even matters anyway since from what I've gathered from Kiritos profile he doesn't Non-Physical Interaction so he can't hit Fairy boy.

well dosent link just kill with the TF then??? i mean Kiri dosent even have a NP interaction wouldnt he just get erase by the TF at this point or hell even get EE'd by link plus link as the four sword it creats four equally powerfull link the others can spam ancient arrows while link could just reality warp his ass out!?!

Link never uses the Triforce to wish his foes away in character. He only used it once to kill Demise, and that was after Fi told him to use it to kill Demise.

Theglassman12 said:
Link never uses the Triforce to wish his foes away in character. He only used it once to kill Demise, and that was after Fi told him to use it to kill Demise.
he does use it in character and every time he use it is always at the end of a game and the situation varies.

From wishing the entire populace of Hyrule back to life, Saving an entire solar system or Killing demise so yeah not out of character for link to do it and in SS he did it right of the bat Kirito dosent win this and even then the 3 other links either kills him or the main one talks to fi via telepathy and then wish kiri away.

also four Swords duplicates everything the weilder as you have 4 links with the freaking FD mask and the power of the stone mask kiri is going to die.

it is also the spiritual counter part to the master sword

For now my vote is for Kirito since nobody can agree whether or not Link abuses Triforce in character. Ice gg.

He

Can't

Freeze

A non-corporeal.

Also:

>Fi near instantly analyzes

>Fi thinks it and Link telepathically knows to use the TF

>Link thinks and the TF gets activated

Nearly thought based hax GG

I'm serious. Fi can pretty much analyze any enemy near instantaneously, Fi can telepathically talk to Link and the Triforce is thought based, which is faster than saying some words. Honestly, this is probably a stomp for Link.

Mr. Bambu said:
For now my vote is for Kirito since nobody can agree whether or not Link abuses Triforce in character. Ice gg.
Has there been any real counter to my point of literally every moment he's gotten it he's used it immedieatly? Otherwise occam's razor applies and he abuses it.

Games where Link uses the Triforce:

Skyward Sword - Link uses it to eradicate Demise.

A Link to the Past - Link uses it to cleanse the evil Ganon unleashed throughout the game, turning the Dark World into the Golden Land.

Zelda II - Link uses it to awaken Zelda from her slumber.

Those are the only games where Link has direct access to the Triforce at some point in the game. 1/3 does Link use it destroy a particular enemy, however 2/3 times has it been used to eradicate an evil due to the wish he granted.

What's stopping Fi from telling Link to use the Triforce on Kirito? If Kirito is perceived as a bigger threat then what's stopping Fi from telling him to use it or Link using it himself through common perception? It can't be because it doesn't work on people since Zelda II shows that it does and Link didn't need permission from anyone to do that, he did it on his own accord.

Theglassman12 said:
Because any other moment he's had the triforce is after defeating the main boss.

also wouldnt link Time manip help him against Kirito link could just wish him out of a time line like he did demise and kiri does not have paradox immunity, he could slow down time for kirito or completly stop it or just rewind time up to hundereds of years (oracle of ages with the harp of age) to get some prep time or again just be in a separate time line and in wish kirito out of reality kirito as no resitance against time manip that freaking strong

@Ashen if you can show some on screen feats that prove that manipulating time is something he's more gung ho with than his standard Master Sword and Hylian shield, then yes, it can work on Kirito

Borderline is questionable

But yeah, Kirito can't exactly do squat

Please define "non-corporeal". As in, a ghost? Energy?

Because Kirito defeated Gabriel, a "non-corporeal" entity.

Kuroiha said:
Please define "non-corporeal". As in, a ghost? Energy?

Because Kirito defeated Gabriel, a "non-corporeal" entity.
... Shouldn't he have some kind of non physical interaction then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back