• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Eto

Gemmysaur said:
Kirito being an avatar allows for him to get hit in the head. We don't know how it works if he gets decapitated the same way his hand got cut off but I'm guessing that's a one-hit KO considering he blocks/deflects most things that try to hit his head, atleast those that are of his level.
And stat-wise, Eto is on his level.
Which is why i have a problem with him having Mid level regen.

Eto is equal in Durability and AP, but she has superior movement speed.

Kirito should only have Low-Mid regen at best, now that I checked on it.

But.

His is slightly different as his Regenerationn is slow. He defeated Gleam Eyes with only a sliver of HP and likely regenerated to full with time. Though that's without losing a body part.

Iirc, losing a body part is considered a debuff and heals with time though I have no sauce to point to for that at the moment. SAO is crappy timeline-wise so I have to reread the entire first arc, or atleast, the part with Kuradeel.

Gemmysaur said:
Kirito should only have Low-Mid regen at best, now that I checked on it.
But.

His is slightly different as his Regenerationn is slow. He defeated Gleam Eyes with only a sliver of HP and likely regenerated to full with time. Though that's without losing a body part.

Iirc, losing a body part is considered a debuff and heals with time though I have no sauce to point to for that at the moment. SAO is crappy timeline-wise so I have to reread the entire first arc, or atleast, the part with Kuradeel.
Yeah, he should have Low-Mid regen. And it's definately slow.

I'm pretty sure it's considered a status effect. Which is why we don't use it as a regen feat, among other things.

Moving out of health regen, Kirito has fought things bigger than Eto though, like Gleam Eyes or the Skull Reaper. He also fought Thrym in Alfheim, though 1/3 of these he fought solo. Obviously these things aren't as smart as Eto, but they make up for it with sheer power. I mean, come on. Skull Reaper being able to take out a group of high level players in one shot isn't a small feat, just wanted to point that out.

(Side note, one of these guys should fight Eto too! Just an idea though. They do look pretty cool and might actually be a match.)

The bosses Kirito face do look bigger and, almost, more menacing than
Tokyo Ghoul Root A - 11 - Large 16
Eto's Size. Certainly has a menacing look though.

Sao-II-episode-16-Thrym
Finally, Thrym's size. Holy Jesus that's certainly bigger than Eto.

Eto:
Episodio 9
Gleam Eyes' size. From this view, it looks around the same size as Eto.

1348932267969 zps69a54b94
Skull Reaper's size. Yeah... definitely bigger than Eto.

All of those are stronger than Kirito as well. The only one Kirito has ever fought solo among the dungeon bosses was Gleam Eyes and he was only able to do so after an entire army of dumbasses got themselves ripped a new one but should have done some damage against the giant blue cow.

The bosses are stupid though, except maybe Thrym being not very bright, but not outright stupid.

Just a small side note, someone should get on a page for Gleam Eyes or the other SAO bosses, that'd be pretty interesting.

Edit: If they did it for Undertale, they can do it for SAO!

I'd do it but not at the moment, since I'd need to reread the novel featuring it.

Also, that's some serious powerscaling considering Kirito soloed probably one health bar or lower, and bosses have like 3 or 4.

You can kind of gauge the power of Starburst Stream then. Being able to knock a dungeon boss' health down to 0 with just one skill.

Not really. How many people attacking, how many times they hit and how long they were wailing on Gleam Eyes to knock down one health bar is pretty much incalculable.

How strong Kirito's damage per hit on Gleam Eyes with normal attacks is lacking data as well so we can't really gauge anything, even how strong Starburst Stream is compared to his normal attacks.

I just noticed how long this thread has been. So who's going to be the winner here then? They both have the abilities to kill eachother off, Kirito having the slight edge. Maybe wait for a few more replies?

Kirito may have Hypersonic reactions, but Supersonic is very slow to Eto, he is never going to land a hit on her, his regen takes several minutes, which in a fight with Kirito, is forever.

Kirito's only edge here is his slow-ass regen. They're equal in AP and Durability, Eto has the edge in speed, experience and range. She also should have the ability to attack from multiple angles at the same time.

Eto should take this.

Okay, I know this is off topic, but what are Kirito's chances if this is composite?

@Sirius, hypersonic reactions would include his attacks....

@NotEvenHuman, Kirito also has a pre-cog advantage, equal speed, and how does Eto have more experience? I still don't know where this slow regen is coming from?

@Gemmysaur, over your comment on the reasoning why he wouldn't survive having his head cut off.... you do know its a natural responce to block right?

@Xmark, he doesn't need composite, it would be a stomp in that case (We don't include his most powerful/haxful incarnation in the wiki)

I don't remember that being canon. Besides, he doesn't have a profile here so its hard to gauge what stats he'll be getting from that. Not to mention what was used to dive in that crossover is the Soul Translator and Kirito gets very different stats from that considering his feats in Alicization.

Well, its from the same creator and its canon to Accel World, which does take place 20 yrs after SAO. If I remember correctly, Sliver Crow was 8-C with FTL reactions.

over your comment on the reasoning why he wouldn't survive having his head cut off.... you do know its a natural responce to block right?

@Somebodydata: Hence he blocks shots to his head if its someone of his own caliber and not pathetically lower. I kinda said that.

SomebodyData said:
Well, its from the same creator and its canon to Accel World, which does take place 20 yrs after SAO. If I remember correctly, Sliver Crow was 8-C with FTL reactions.
And the creator also said that he's not saying anything regarding whether or not SAO and AC are from the same verse so yeah.

It's canon from AC but SAO has yet to show anything with regards to it, else, they'd make a big fuss about Kirito dimension hopping.

Actually, the nerve gear does appear in Accel World, during Haru's history class, so it would seem more likely that Accel World does take place in the future of SAO.

Not really, espically since they don't even know who Sliver Crow is, or what happened, same with Accel World.

As for the blocking to protect his own head, this doesn't reallly prove his regen is low mid, espically when you consider that most of the times he did that were against boss enemies, who can literally one shot some players in his caliber at times.

When you were creating the Alicization arc in Sword Art Online, was the technology used in the Alicization arc carried over as a foundation to Accel World?

It is true that the technology used in Alicization could be, or is the foundation of the technology being used in Accel World, but at this point, like I said, it might be similar technologies having a similar technological chain, but it hasn't been made clear that it is in fact the same world. The two worlds could just have a similar technological advance. Also, as I noted before, if I were to clearly state the two worlds are the same, the number of things that need to be resolved in order for such a thing to be clearly possible is, the numbers are tens of thousands of times greater than I can even hope to do right now! Seeing a movie like The Avengers, where it took a bunch of properties into one cohesive title, I have to say that the creative staff on that movie is quite amazing.

This question has been asked several times before, but there is legitimate speculation that shows some kind of connection between Accel World and Sword Art Online. For example, in the 9th volume of the Sword Art Online light novels, Kirito talks about going to America to study and research a new type of Dive Technology, which is the brain implant chips. Additionally, in episode 22 of the Sword Art Online anime, the end card illustratio shows Kirito holding a sword that very closely resembles Silver Crow's armour while Leafa is holding Black Lotus's sword. Whether or not there is an actual connection between Accel World and Sword Art Online is still uncertain, but were these similarities intentional? Or were these implemented to sort of create a sense of the same in both of these stories?

First I'll start by explaining the end card illustration in episode 22. The picture in the end card illustration of episode 22 came from the fact that the illustration was done by the mechanical designer of Accel World, Kabashima Yousuke, and in his connection to Sword Art Online, was being playful and created that illustration. At this point, the two shows are separate, as an author I consider those two titles separate. However, there may be some varied similarities and points that connect between the two shows. Now, that's not to say, should some issues be resolved with both storylines, possibly there will be a third series that has ties to both titles, but I can't say for sure at this point.

Interview in full here

Hmmm, I see. So basically the own author doesn't even know yet if the stories are entwined?

Yes. He doesn't know if he would link it as that would mean committing to twice as much work just to make it so it doesn't conflict with each other, as well as constrict each other's plot points.

I very much prefer we see both as AU but different times.

@SomebodyData Kirito's slow regen comes from it taking around ten seconds to regenerate anything at all.

Kirito is not equal in speed. Only in reactions. Eto has superior movement speed, and yes, that does matter.

I'm pretty sure Kirito needs to focus for his precog to work... yeah, not happening here.

Eto has more experience because her profile says she got her SSS rank when she was 14 years old. Her profile also says she's currently 26, so that's 12 years of experience. Kirito spent 2 years in SAO, and the Alicization arc starts around one year after SAO, IIRC. So that's like, 3 years of experience.

Anything at all? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHqdHQXDMc 3:03 - 3:09

And from what I saw, it seems you guys say this is only possible because he is an avatar? You guys seem to forget that said avatar had his hand cut off before.

Movement speed would have an impact, if it had been higher than his reaction speed, however it isn't, at best Eto can use it to run away.

Unless Eto killed a bunch of his friends, he will probably be focused.

Oh I see. Although (And sorry for not knowing Eto or his verse, I'm assuming that Eto is an entity that mainly hunted normal humans in those 12 years, correct me if I'm wrong) but killing ppl for 12 years is not much better than surviving in a world where nearly all the monsters are on your level or higher.

When i said anything at all i meant that he only gains health back every ten seconds.

No, that's not what we said. Him having his hand cut off and coming back later has multiple explanations, and i'm pretty sure it's considered a status effect in SAO.

She can also use it to stop him from running away to use items or something like that.

When i say focused, i mean like when he dodged Death Gun's sniper.

I don't really know Tokyo Ghoul either, but a quick look at her page in the Tokyo Ghoul wiki tells you quite a bit about her experience.

NotEvenHuman said:
When i said anything at all i meant that he only gains health back every ten seconds.
No, that's not what we said. Him having his hand cut off and coming back later has multiple explanations, and i'm pretty sure it's considered a status effect in SAO.

She can also use it to stop him from running away to use items or something like that.

When i say focused, i mean like when he dodged Death Gun's sniper.

I don't really know Tokyo Ghoul either, but a quick look at her page in the Tokyo Ghoul wiki tells you quite a bit about her experience.
This 10 seconds come from Kirito's (Ie. a Hypersonic character) point of view remember?

A-No its not considered a status effect, he was only paralyzed, and if it was a status effect, then why didn't the same happen when he was attacked by the bandits?

Running away yes, but items not really.

You mean when he was under a lot of more pressure?

I see, well, judging from the fact that one of its weaknesses is not being quite sane and not exactly the serious type, I'm pretty sure Kirito can use that to his advantage.

I he was only around Supersonic at that time, but i get what you mean.

If it's not a status effect, then why didn't it grow back when Asuna used a crystal and healed him back to full health? Besides, there are still other explanations. Probably because the bandits were fodder, and having a status effect that has 100% chance of happening is BS.

Yes, items. How is he going to retreat and use a crystal or a potion when Eto is attacking him?

What does the amount of pressure he's under have to do with the requirements of his precog?

I doubt he'll try to do that when he thinks Eto is an AI controlled boss. Even if he does, i doubt it would be enough to settle the fight. She did survive being cut in half, after all.

I'm sorry, but I don't even remember the lower section of the arm even being on screen after she healed him, can you show me when that happened in a video or something? Also, it would be much more likely that he would have the status effect from the several bandits than one attack from a guy.

I never said he can retreat, as for items he still can use them when fighting, he doesn't necesaryily need to retreat to use them

In the case of Death Gun the pressure was tremendous, so his focus would be far less in that case than this case.

Actually, I think he would. Consider this, his entire Aincrad style relied on him having to predict the AI's movements, a AI not fighting seriously would be very exploitable.

SomebodyData said:
@Sirius, hypersonic reactions would include his attacks....
Only in short bursts. He can't attack at hypersonic speeds, where the fawk are you getting that from. He can react to and block 3/10 bullets or so, which is why his reactions are hypersonic. If anything, that was only because of his precog. Blocking 3/10 hypersonic attacks with precog makes his normal reactions Supersonic+ at best.

PLUS, how is Kirito supersonic to begin with? He's FTE, but he's never done something supersonic. He should be Subsonic, really.

Stop making crap up. Kirito's regen makes no difference in this fight and he is not hypersonic in combat speed.

My good sir, how did he block the bullets again? Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmEKIzIuCs Sinon ended dodging a "few" shots from a heavy machine gun while free falling BTW. Who is inferior to GGO Kirito. Who is inferior to SAO Kirito. Even ignoreing that, he had caused sonicbooms in SAO like every other attack. Seriously, look at the Gleam Eyes fight or something.

This point contradicts your first point, just incase you couldn't tell.

What did I make up again? I reaaaaaally want to know.

Having watched both SAO and Tokyo Ghoul, I'll try to give some input here:

While Kirito has the edge on versatility, he's more or less used to fighting opponents in close combat, meaning that Eto's Ukaku can be quite useful in the scenario, be it they are much larger than bullets and come from a less concentrated source (wings instead of a barrel), they will be much harder for Kirito to block.

However, this doesn't automatically put Eto at an advantage, as she seems to fall short when it comes to close quarters, seeing as Arima was able to counter her and sever her arm, but I believe he's the only one that has been shown to match her.

Hmm, I'd say inconclusive for now.

SomebodyData said:
My good sir, how did he block the bullets again? Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmEKIzIuCs Sinon ended dodging a "few" shots from a heavy machine gun while free falling BTW. Who is inferior to GGO Kirito. Who is inferior to SAO Kirito. Even ignoreing that, he had caused sonicbooms in SAO like every other attack. Seriously, look at the Gleam Eyes fight or something.
This point contradicts your first point, just incase you couldn't tell.

What did I make up again? I reaaaaaally want to know.
I support this.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
I'm going for Eto.
Reasonings for your vote is required in versus matches unless you want your vote to be ignored in the count.

Back