• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Eto

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
SAO arc Kirito

vs

One-Eyed Owl Eto

*In-character

*Standard Equipment:
Note that for verse equalization, Elucidator and Dark Repulsor = Kaneki's kagune in durability and piercing power (if applicable)

*Scenario:

Kirito is placed in a coma due to the injection of the drug from the Death Gun incident. He was placed in the Soul Translator machine to fix his brain, thrusting his consciousness into a computer generated world.

The ST gets bugged and accidentally sends Kirito's consciousness into the Tokyo Ghoul-verse (like that of the SAO vs Accel World: Versus). Kirito identifies himself closest to his SAO self and therefore appears as such. He sees Eto and suspects her as a shapeshifting boss mob.

Eto minding her own business gets surprised by the sudden appearance of a human. She sees that this human is armed with swords which she suspects are quinque so she transforms and acts accordingly to dispose of him.

Kuromukuro office for a dam
Kuromukuro - Office in a dam

Hmmmm, I'm guessing Kirito wins thanks to his pre-cog, however thanks to Eto's superior range, it would be hard dif for Kirito

ImdeteAledi said:
Kirito will lose cause Kirito is weak af in real life
Did you miss the fact that it says Kirito and not Kazuto?

Did you miss literally everything in the original post sans the names?

Ignorance is stupid.

Sirius The EM Troll said:
Eto stomps via speedblitz. Kirito at best will react to the first 3 hits before getting overwhelmed.
Speedblitz? No, that's not possible. Eto is only Hypersonic and Kirito is Supersonic+ with Hypersonic reactions.

As for the battle, Kirito has more versatility than Eto.

Kirito's powers and abilities: Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Dual Sword Wielding, Unarmed Combat, Regenerationn (Mid), Tracking, Night Vision, Fishing (though he has really bad luck with it though), Flight (for 10 mins. before being required to land), Black smoke explosion spell, Illusion Creation, Magic (can imbue his swords with fire, ice, thunder and darkness), Hypersense (Can sense hostile intent), Magic Negation, Distinguish (Eliminating background noise by concentrating on an unnatural or certain sound to detect another player's movement)

Eto: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regenerationn (Low-Mid), Can create a Kagune to fight opponents with

This clearly proves who is more versatile, just by the amount of abilities Kirito can expend. Also, I can't distinguish SAO abilities from ALO, so feel free to point them out if you know.

Now, according to assumption of battle, Kirito's blades can pierce Eto. So that's that with if he can hit her or not.

Next we move onto actual combat. This is actually where the real analysis comes in. Now, I already said Kirito was more versatile, but that doesn't Eto can't come back. Something that we know Kirito can do is he can outspeed monsters that are clearly stronger than him, we seen this with Gleam Eyes when Kirito used Starburst Stream. Something that we know Eto can do is rival Kaneki, who is exceptionally strong at dismantling an entire group that beat Koma and Irimi. Eto is unquestionably one of the top tier in her verse just like Kirito, so we can say that they are both very prominent as well.

What really tips me off here is the Regen, Kirito had mid while Eto has low-mid. Kirito also has healing potions with him. That's two things that give Kirito another edge. However, I don't recall swords being able to effect Eto that well because she has a good defence. I have no doubt that Kirito will deflect any projectiles thrown at him without slipping up unless Eto had a plan (since she is cunning). If Eto knows about Kirito's past, maybe she can provoke him into a situation but that's not likely since thread starter never clarified such a thing.

I'd have to say Kirito wins because feel like Starburst Stream could give Kirito the edge. However, Kirito would win with high difficulty. Eto is no pushover, she'd give him the fight of his life that he could lose with a mis-step. Unless someone else has evidence I missed, my vote goes to Kirito.

2 - 1 in favor of the Black Swordsman.

Ignored ImdeteAledi's post entirely.

@LordLuminous: SAO form loses magic and magic negation. Everything else stays as his standard powerset in all avatars.

@Sirius The EM Troll: Kirito is as LordLuminous said, supersonic+ with hypersonic reactions. His hypersonic reactions came from him swatting bullets from an automatic weapon in GGO. The same version of Kirito that Death Gun commented on as "rusty" and "pathetic compared to his Black Sworsman persona in SAO".

I'm not arguing that his reflexes should be higher, but he has enough to match Eto.

Sooooo, no more arguments? I'd say Kirito would take it, and yes, it would be one of the most difficult fights of his life, especially since he's "rusty".

With superior health regen, being supersonic+ with hypersonic reactions, this should go to the Black Swordsman high diff.

(Sorry for necroing btw, just wanted to see if this would be put on his profile or not.)

It's not necro since it's only 2 days old. It's nice to have it bumped as well since most fights tend to not finish at all.

Hypersonic reactions are just that, reactions. Kirito is not going to be able to block every consecutive hit, he can barely deflect a few bullets out of a dozen, and he is far too slow to land a hit on Eto

Kirito was only barely able to deflect a few bullets that had precog allowed him to know where they were coming from, and he deflected a bullet from Sinon when he knew where she was going to hit him. Kirito's reaction is low-end hypersonic at best.

Actually, that's an interesting point, Kirito blocks bullets easily because he can react to the predict line. I don't assume Eto spraying Kirito will give off lines and the amount she fires are is stronger than a bullet, so I assume Kirito could have a hard time deflecting them all. Either way, I don't know how badly that would tip the scales to Eto's side. But I say Kirito wins with extremely high difficulty.

Also, I remembered that Kirito has to take out potions to use them, so their might be a timing thing there.

Kirito is never going to land a hit on Eto, his regen takes minutes, and they are equal in AP

Eto via being several times faster, can overwhelm his reactions by spraying him and Kirito is very slow, and he's not very mobile.

Plus he's never done anything Supersonic to begin with, he is, at best, transonic.

Kirito was able to cut through magic in Alfheim, but, to be fair though, the fastest magic isn't as fast as GGO's anti-material rifle's bullets. I'd say he was moving pretty fast though:

https://youtu.be/QAYGzaRhciM?t=2m10s

Edit: He was also able to take out most of a raid party with just Klein.

Then that's even better. It'd be easier if he'd outrun it, and, knowing Kirito, he'd outrun them with ease, if you seen Kirito vs Rosalia where he blitzed twards her in a flash. But, reacting and parrying the attacks is much more impressive, as it's much harder to deflect than simply dodge.

"Kirito is never going to land a hit on Eto"

This is very circumstantial. If Kirito can react to an attack from Eto and then make an attack from there, he could hit her.

"Eto via being several times faster, can overwhelm his reactions by spraying him and Kirito is very slow, and he's not very mobile."

Where is this coming from? Eto may be able to run faster than Kirito, but Kirito won't get hit that easily since Eto is Hypersonic, but Kirito has Hypersonic reactions. Eto's spraying is not always used in combat, and why it is, it is used on masses. Even though so, Kirito could dodge, block, or both at the same time.

"Plus he's never done anything Supersonic to begin with, he is, at best, transonic."

Try to prove this with evidence before using it.

I have to go with Eto due to having superior movement speed, probably more experience and from what i can see, being able to attack from multiple angles.

I think Kirito caused a sonic boom once, but i could be wrong. It's been a loooong time since i read SAO.

Kirito can still keep up because of his similar movement speed, and I believe experience cancels out because of how versitile Kirito can be with his sword skills. Some sword skills allow Kirito to be able to attack from multiple angles as well, like Horizontal Square.

Kirito isn't versatile, dude. His ability to block has more often than not proven to be shat.

Also, He can't keep up forever. There's no way Kirito is going to react to Hypersonic speeds for any extended period of time. He could react for the first few seconds, but I wouldn't give him anything higher than that.

Give me a reason why he couldn't react as fast for the remainder of the time, and Kirito's blocking is actually pretty decent (Not as good as Heathcliff), being able to block bullets and all. If I remember correctly, Kirito also has a sword skill called Spinning Shield, where he spins his sword so fast, it looks like a round shield.

But, even if your statement is true, being able to block does not equal not being versatile. Remember, I said he's only versatile because of his sword skills. Now that I think about it though, Kirito does have throwing picks, but I don't think that'll be able to harm Eto, but maybe it can be used as a distraction to retreat and chug on a health potion.

Edit: Kirito is also pretty dang smart, being able to discern an enemy's attack pattern, and form a strategy. Remember, he also was the one who hacked into cardinal to get Yui back, aibeit in an item. Kirito also has plenty of other technology feats in season 2.

@Xmark12 Kirito's Sword Skills are just that. Attacks with his sword. Zero versality there. Sword Skills only get elements in ALO, and this is SAO Kirito. Spinning his sword really fast to form a shield is useless in a melee fight.

I don't think Eto will care about little throwing picks, considering how little damage they deal. And SAO's health potions heal the character over time, so even a health potion can be useless if he's not careful.

@Sirius Kirito will be able to react just fine, at least in a close range melee fight. He's screwed if Eto decides to use her movement speed advantage to attack him from behind or something like that, though.

Wait, even if Eto lands a few hits in, what are the chances of Kirito backing up a bit in defence, and start healing. His healing factor is pretty high too.

Xmark12 said:
Wait, even if Eto lands a few hits in, what are the chances of Kirito backing up a bit in defence, and start healing. His healing factor is pretty high too.
What makes you think Eto is going to stand there and let him drink a potion? She has literally no reason to do that.

His regen is also slow as hell.

Yeah, idk where "slow" regen comes from (Guessing its from when Kirito lost his hand, but that was about the time required for like 4-8 pieces of dialouge, even counting the fact that the paralysis nulified his regen)

An example with a better timeframe would be when he got onslaughted by the 6 bandits, I believe.

SomebodyData said:
Yeah, idk where "slow" regen comes from (Guessing its from when Kirito lost his hand, but that was about the time required for like 4-8 pieces of dialouge, even counting the fact that the paralysis nulified his regen)
An example with a better timeframe would be when he got onslaughted by the 6 bandits, I believe.
Yeah, i'm talking about the bandits. He was healing a chunk of his health every ten seconds, IIRC. That's really slow for Regenerationn, IMO.

I don't think the time his arm was cut off should be used as a regen feat. I don't remember if it was mentioned how he grew the arm back, but if it wasn't, it could have been a potion, his regen, maybe some other things.

Actually, from what damage we see on his person, he gets cut several times and heals while quickly (remember, these are 10 seconds from a supersonic -supersonic+ at this point perspective, and many cuts I might add)

True, it does seem that the hand being cut off should not be used.

SomebodyData said:
Actually, from what damage we see on his person, he gets cut several times and heals while quickly (remember, these are 10 seconds from a supersonic -supersonic+ at this point perspective, and many cuts I might add)
True, it does seem that the hand being cut off should not be used.
He does get cut several times, but he never was decapitated. His regen should be listed as Low-Mid, since he never came back from decapitation.

It might be 10 seconds from a supersonic/+ POV, but this battle is going at Hypersonic speeds. 10 seconds is still slow.

Hmm actually they do cut through his head like twice during the fury of attacks/

10 seconds, which comes from cinematic timing, I should point out. Not considering the cinematic timing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHqdHQXDMc (3:02-3:06) is actually like 1-2 seconds per each attack, which I should remind is being attacked by about 6 people, which even if they were at the lowest of supersonic, would be 6 hits per every moment, something (mach 6) hypersonic would be around the capability of doing too.

SomebodyData said:
Hmm actually they do cut through his head like twice during the fury of attacks/
10 seconds, which comes from cinematic timing, I should point out. Not considering the cinematic timing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHqdHQXDMc (3:02-3:06) is actually like 1-2 seconds per each attack, which I should remind is being attacked by about 6 people, which even if they were at the lowest of supersonic, would be 6 hits per every moment, something (mach 6) hypersonic would be around the capability of doing too.
Cutting through his head is not the same as cutting his head off.

I admit, i still don't get how Cinematic Time works. So i don't really see what your point is there....

thats.... kinda is, heck, cutting through a head and regenerating could be argued to be better.

Cinematic timing is when one scene transitons to the next, without a constant flow.

SomebodyData said:
thats.... kinda is, heck, cutting through a head and regenerating could be argued to be better.
Cinematic timing is when one scene transitons to the next, without a constant flow.
How so? I think that counts as regenerating from a fatal wound (Low-Mid).

I can understand that, just not most ways it's used on this site.

I don't see how it only counts as regenerating from a fatal wound? Considering that regenerating from a being cut through the head would seem more harder to regenerate from.

Actually, we simply dont allow cinematic timing, we dont use it at all

SomebodyData said:
I don't see how it only counts as regenerating from a fatal wound? Considering that regenerating from a being cut through the head would seem more harder to regenerate from.
Actually, we simply dont allow cinematic timing, we dont use it at all
Being cut through the head is definately a fatal wound. But not on the level of decapitation, imo.

Ah, nevermind. I got it after reading through the page. But Kirito himself said it was 10 seconds. I don't really see what you're trying to say...

It practically is decapitation, when considering that the point of mid regen has less to actually do with the head and more with the brain.

Yeah... for the HP... you do realize thats basically the amount of damage acculimation that is body can stand right? They're techincally two different things.

SomebodyData said:
It practically is decapitation, when considering that the point of mid regen has less to actually do with the head and more with the brain.
Yeah... for the HP... you do realize thats basically the amount of damage acculimation that is body can stand right? They're techincally two different things.
Eh, i guess that makes sense.

Kirito being an avatar allows for him to get hit in the head. We don't know how it works if he gets decapitated the same way his hand got cut off but I'm guessing that's a one-hit KO considering he blocks/deflects most things that try to hit his head, atleast those that are of his level.

And stat-wise, Eto is on his level.

Back